Jun 15 2005, 03:25 AM
I just recently heard about dayglo plastic. I have many questions about it. What is it? Was it just used for CE plastic? If it is used in champion plastic, is it more expensive than regular champion plastic? Does it glow in the dark? Is it just highly reflective like a street sign? Is it just considered to be a color, dayglo yellow? Is it still being produced? Please expand if you know other things about it that I haven't asked about.

Jun 15 2005, 04:00 AM
as far as i know it is what they call the bright neon yellows and greens of the champ plastic

Jun 15 2005, 04:32 AM
Been doing some research, and I've found they are neon colors for champ discs. They aren't reflective and don't glow, but I think there is some form of flourescence with them according to a website I just looked at...

Jun 15 2005, 06:21 AM
Which website was that? I personaly love dayglo discs as I usualy end up playing until dusk and they are much easier to see at such times. They did have dayglo in the old CE, I believe they are the second runs. Anyone else out there can verify this or not?

Jun 15 2005, 03:03 PM
"Fluorescence is seen in fluorescent lights, amusement park and movie special effects, the redness of rubies in sunlight, "day-glo" or "neon" colors, and in emission nebulae seen with telescopes in the night sky"

This website isn't about day-glo, but more about light.

http://www.uvminerals.org/luminese.htm#fluor

justingill
Jun 15 2005, 03:35 PM
I have a day-glo champ orc and i love it cause i can play with it later without risking to lose it. also day-glos are sweet in the snow! they have an aura when partially covered!!
Oh, dayglo plastic is typiclaly HOT NEON YELLOW!!

Jun 17 2005, 05:58 PM
I once had a Dayglo Orc.
I threw it into some trees.
I think it stuck up there,
And since there was no breeze

It stayed put way up high.
Amongst the leaves and wood.
My friends all helped me look for it,
Just like good friends should.

The sun shone down upon our eyes,
But the Orc could not be seen.
Because the light just filtered through,