kikiorangecat
Jun 09 2005, 01:08 AM
Does anyone use Score Boards for tournament results? If you do, what are some of the better ones you have seen?

Thanks,

Jun 09 2005, 01:25 AM
Does anyone use Score Boards for tournament results? If you do, what are some of the better ones you have seen?

Thanks,

We used Score Ports at Worlds in 2004. They are super durable and easy to use. Our club owns Gateway's version. At about 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the Score Port, it is a bargain. It is not quite as durable and the pockets aren't as deep. For our purposes it was a no brainer to go cheap.

neonnoodle
Jun 09 2005, 09:17 AM
It's common practice all around the MADC. From the two Jon mentioned to just getting those hinged shutters with a backing.

Don't forget to have players sign in using score board cards rather than score cards. The score board cards remain in the board and just get scores for rounds added to them. At send out time just have the first person for each hole fill in the names on a single score card and away they go. Saves you 30 minutes of filling out scorecards and 15 minutes of calling out names. It also gets everyone to their holes a lot faster.

It IS the way to go! :)

rhett
Jun 09 2005, 05:35 PM
Most SoCal events use ScorePorts.

bruce_brakel
Jun 09 2005, 06:30 PM
Every tournament I have ever played [and I have played literally hundreds] except one used a scoreboard of some kind, even if it was only a picnic table top or a sheet of Tyvek. That one was so strange that when I got home I checked the rules and sanctioning agreement to see if that was allowed.

Strangely, scoreboards are optional.

Do not attempt to run a tournament without having a means of displaying scores. Scoreboards are not required but they are essential to a properly run event.

rhett
Jun 09 2005, 07:49 PM
Do not attempt to run a tournament without having a means of displaying scores. Scoreboards are not required but they are essential to a properly run event.

Cliff's "Fling" events are a pain because he doesn't use a leaderboard. If someone grabs the scorecards before he reads the names, there is absolutely no way of knowing what hole you are supposed to be on.

magilla
Jun 09 2005, 08:15 PM
NorCal has a Pair of Scoreboards made by Rob Byers.

They are available for use by ASKING. He isnt as "free giving" as he used to be since one was lent out and destroyed. Sad part was that individual DID NOTHING to remidy the situation :mad:

I use them when ever I possibly can. They really make life easier in multiple ways :D

jmonny
Jun 16 2005, 10:46 PM
We use an old crappy set of hinged shudders

Alacrity
Jun 21 2005, 06:55 PM
I have a workbook, that runs on Excel, that will generate Score sheets for posting. I like my routine, because it will also automatically check players for memberships, rating based division play, it calculates payouts and will sort rounds based on total score, and previous rounds.

magilla
Jun 22 2005, 12:04 PM
I have a workbook, that runs on Excel, that will generate Score sheets for posting. I like my routine, because it will also automatically check players for memberships, rating based division play, it calculates payouts and will sort rounds based on total score, and previous rounds.

I keep a workbook as well. We all need to put the scores into the computer eventually. :p I still learn new tricks every time, but then again Ive only run 50 or so events :D

BUT a scoreboard is there for the PLAYERS not the TD, even though it makes our (TD) life much easier as well.

No more instances of players not knowing what hole they start on, scores are available faster for the players as well. :D