paerley
Jun 07 2005, 01:29 AM
Maybe this topic has been flogged to death around here, but I just learned this on my own so I thought I'd mention it here.

Whenever I got a new disc, to learn it's flight path, I went to a field and threw it. The problem was, I always took all my discs and threw them. Today I only took my new z-buzzz up there and chucked it around. I found that just throwing only that one disc over and over again greatly improved the consistancy with which I threw it. I only threw it about 5 times, rather than the 10-12 it normally took me to learn a disc because I wasn't throwing other discs in between. I could see what I thought it was going to do, what it did, and make adjustments. This might be common sense, but it just hit me today.

Pat

Blarg
Jun 07 2005, 04:45 AM
Great advice! I do pretty much the same thing. Probably because I'm too lasy to throw and chase one disc rather than throw ten and then go get 'em all.
Much better to throw the one repeatedly to learn it's characteristics.

Jun 07 2005, 11:28 PM
Even better is to play a round with just that disc and a putter. I usually do a light jog and I don't put too much emphasis on the putts. By the end of a quick 18, I know the new disc very well. I had a great time playing 18 holes with an Orion and my putter today :D

Oh yeah ... if the new disc is a putter/approach/midrange, I find a game of catch to be very beneficial. One of my cohorts and I stand about 225' apart from each other and throw different types of shots back and forth.