Apr 06 2005, 06:14 PM
Who's goin to this one??? Is there a pre-reg list anywhere??

topdog
Apr 06 2005, 08:13 PM
I won't be there. No there isnt a pre reg list. Last year there were only 16 Adv players.

magilla
Apr 06 2005, 08:51 PM
I won't be there. No there isnt a pre reg list. Last year there were only 16 Adv players.

Last year was over 100 deg and during the worst of the summer months.

This years will be quite different. Green grass w/wildflowers everywhere. Id say there wont be so many cases of Heat Stroke this time :o

Im sure the reg list will be up as soon as the PDGA sends the TD the link to the scoring page. ;)

This event as well as the "Gold Pan" have NEW TD's this year. Look for VAST improvments across the board........... :)

topdog
Apr 06 2005, 08:59 PM
Magilla
Do you have date for when Stafford Lake will be this year. I hope to play before I move.

magilla
Apr 07 2005, 11:08 AM
Magilla
Do you have date for when Stafford Lake will be this year. I hope to play before I move.

At this time there will be NO Stafford Lake Open/Am :(

No time on the schedule for this to fit in. I wont say its not going to happen 100% bits only 60/40 right now ;)

Im sure there will be another "Bay Series" event there in October or so. :D

Apr 12 2005, 01:28 PM
Magilla

Sean when you movin??

Apr 12 2005, 01:29 PM
Cant friggen wait 4 more days. My game finally came back this past Sunday. Lets see how long it sticks around :P

Apr 12 2005, 01:43 PM
This tourney has a SWEET Inncolor stamp. Does anyone know if they will be making TL's? If not what discs will they be stamping?

Moderator005
Apr 12 2005, 01:58 PM
I would love to get hold of a few Vintage Cup discs with the Sierra Nevada stamp. Anybody know how I can get my hands on a few of these discs?

Apr 12 2005, 02:00 PM
No Waaaaaaay! That ***** is tite They gonna be sellin those at the tourney????

rhett
Apr 12 2005, 02:19 PM
Contact the TD?

Apr 12 2005, 04:10 PM
Good Idea Rhett, When all else fails ask the TD :p Did you get your hands on the Socal VW disc. Those are sweet too Chicken bought the last one Bastard!!!

rhett
Apr 12 2005, 04:39 PM
Did you get your hands on the Socal VW disc. Those are sweet too Chicken bought the last one Bastard!!!

Nope. I made an order on Friday night, but I guess the email went out too late and all the remaining stock got sold at HB. My bad, though, as I had plenty of time to order one before Friday rolled around. :p

topdog
Apr 12 2005, 06:41 PM
Sean when you movin??

[/QUOTE]
The second week of august.

Apr 13 2005, 07:23 PM
**** well good luck Sean!! Fortunately for you there's 28 courses in Tennessee :DSo you goin to this Napa one dude?? Do you know who's all goin from up there? I'm the only Socal guy that I know of. My girlfriend is from Vallejo so I'll be playin alot more events up there!!!!

Apr 13 2005, 07:25 PM
3 more days :D:D:D

Forecast is 68 mostly Sunny!! Perfect golfin weather

magilla
Apr 13 2005, 07:27 PM
Just talked to the TD.....

Baskets are going out on the Temp course as I type.. :D

topdog
Apr 13 2005, 07:34 PM
No I wont beable to go to this one I will be in San Diego for a little vacation. I am going to Motherlode and Master's Cup.You should come up and play Motherlode next weekend.

Apr 13 2005, 07:48 PM
Just talked to the TD.....

Baskets are going out on the Temp course as I type.. :D

2 courses huh?? Hey and how bout that weather?? No heat strokes :p Will they providing shuttles from the parking lot to hole 1??? :D

pterodactyl
Apr 14 2005, 01:12 AM
Is this a pre-reg only tourney? If it is, I'm out!! No biggie, I couldn't commit early enough. Maybe I'll pre-reg for Masters Cup. :o

magilla
Apr 14 2005, 12:01 PM
Is this a pre-reg only tourney? If it is, I'm out!! No biggie, I couldn't commit early enough. Maybe I'll pre-reg for Masters Cup. :o

Im sure there is always plenty of room for the "Old Guys". :D

magilla
Apr 14 2005, 12:04 PM
Questions please contact Jason Knight (707) 255-9116 or email [email protected] for directions/info.

Flyer only says Check in at 8am. No mention of Pre-Reg only.

Apr 14 2005, 03:51 PM
2 more days :D

pterodactyl
Apr 14 2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks for all of the info.

I'll be there if I feel ok after a dental procedure fri eve.

And don't forget: The park opens at 8 on Sat(unless you camp there the night before). Possibly see ya'all @ 8ish.

pterodactyl
Apr 16 2005, 01:36 AM
Novacaine is wearing off. Looks like I'll make it after all.
Never played Napa when there was grass on those roll-away hills.
NORCAL RULES, BABY!!!!

pterodactyl
Apr 17 2005, 11:24 AM
On my way back to Napa in a few minutes. Once again, Greg Stevenson is kicking tail in the Masters Div.

magilla
Apr 17 2005, 12:08 PM
Once again, Greg Stevenson is kicking tail in the Masters Div.

The OPEN Division as well /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

magilla
Apr 18 2005, 12:07 PM
Greg Stevenson (Open Master) SMOKES the field at -31.

Lane Mason beats Josh Sappenfield in Play off in OPEN at -23

Kathy Manley wins Open Women at ???

Am Divisions ???

Beautiful weather all weekend with some wind. Green grass and wildflowers everywhere. :cool:
Not sure of the total player count but I was told it was the largest field ever for the event. Probably 160 or so maybe more :D

"Atta Boyz" and "Pats on the back" to rookie TD's Jason, Dave & Chris....welcome to the "fold" :D

John Kitchen almost got "skewerd" by a "Turkey Poachers Arrow" :eek: :mad:

This was the start of a LONG string of events in NorCal :D

dezmon
Apr 18 2005, 03:13 PM
Results...?

Apr 18 2005, 03:29 PM
Kathy beat Burl? :o

magilla
Apr 18 2005, 04:10 PM
Kathy beat Burl? :o

NO....

I believe Burl was at "schwebbys" wedding in N.C.

She was on the East Coast the last 2 weekends and is scheduled to play in Georgia next weekend.

Womens field was..
Kathy Manley
Stacy Pauly
Amy Campbell
:D

Apr 18 2005, 07:28 PM
Oh, okay....that makes sense.

Go Burl! ;)

Thanks Mike.

magilla
Apr 21 2005, 12:22 AM
Results...?

<font color="blue"> 2005 Vintage Cup Scores </font> (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4774&year=2005&includeRatings=1#Open)

topdog
Apr 21 2005, 01:58 AM
I am just courious Joe got third in Int but his PDGA number was not entered. He isnt a current member but his last player rating is 915 should he have played Adv at Vintage Cup.

steveganz
Apr 21 2005, 04:07 AM
Wow! Who did all the hard work with the results?!?!

pterodactyl
Apr 21 2005, 12:03 PM
Mr. Neal was all over it with his laptop. Burke Lewis helped him. Thanx, boys!

magilla
Apr 21 2005, 12:07 PM
Mr. Neal was all over it with his laptop. Burke Lewis helped him. Thanx, boys!

Mr Neal did ALL the input. Burke Lewis was his "assistant"

I did the "upload" to the scoring page due to "issues" within Mr Neal's laptop

Motherlode Ams this weekend....... :D

magilla
Apr 21 2005, 12:07 PM
Results...?

<font color="blue"> 2005 Vintage Cup Scores </font> (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4774&year=2005&includeRatings=1#Open)

If I keep playing like this, I might just be an Am by NorCal Champs. :o

Apr 21 2005, 01:45 PM
If I keep playing like this, I might just be an Am by NorCal Champs. :o

[/QUOTE]

LMAO well we'd love to have you down in Ma1 Dude :D

Awesome tourney! Thanks to all those involved!! Mutha *** that stupid hole 7 on the perm course cost me 4 strokes that weekend :mad:. Totally screwed up a sweet birdie I had jus got on hole 6 in the long position.

steveganz
Apr 21 2005, 01:55 PM
Thank you all for the outstanding job! Who needs me when you have Mr. Neal and Magilla? :D

See you at The Master's Cup.

steveganz
Apr 21 2005, 02:00 PM
By the way....how the hell did Joe Benesch fall through the cracks and play in Intermediate with his 915 rating?!?! He knows better than that. He is the poster boy for baggers. Someone needs to keep an eye on that guy.

rhett
Apr 21 2005, 03:25 PM

28 Advanced Masters??? I gotta start going to some NorCal events! :)

steveganz
Apr 21 2005, 06:01 PM
I've been trying to tell you, Rhett!

noey21
Apr 21 2005, 08:16 PM
We miss you Steve. Where have you been?

Apr 22 2005, 05:53 PM
Congrats to Greg Stevenson for leading the field!

Masters Rule :D

Look forward to seeing you in Santa Cruz!

steveganz
Apr 23 2005, 04:17 AM
Yo, Bob and/or Stace! I miss you all as well. I've been taking care of family and working a whole hell of a lot. I hope to at least make an appearance at tourneys when I can and help out whenever possible.

Are you guys coming to Master's Cup?

I'll be at Dela in the morning.

Apr 23 2005, 04:48 AM
hello,
I'm not sure if i was supposed to get htis or not, but i had bought a napa vintage cup Champion Whippet and it included a Napa Disc Club Member #49 Tag..
Wondering if this needs to be returned.. PM becuase i won't keep up on this post probably. i usually stick to the throwing tech. and equipment section.

-Scott Lewis

Apr 25 2005, 02:05 PM
Anyone have the scores from the Motherload?

Cheers. :)

topdog
Apr 25 2005, 06:34 PM
Steve
Joe Benesch again played Int at Motherlode. I told Travers about his player and he told me that the PDGA never sent him the update player ratings.

steveganz
Apr 25 2005, 10:47 PM
The PDGA did send Travers an updated list. Apparently his contact information is out-of-date.

He could have taken your word for it and called Magilla or myself for confirmation.

If you see Benesch again, let him know that he won't be receiving points for PDGA or NorCal as long as he is playing in the incorrect division.

topdog
Apr 25 2005, 10:56 PM
I told Travers to check the website. Joe isnt a PDGA member this year so PDGA point arnt a concern to him.

steveganz
Apr 25 2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah, he just likes taking merchandise away from players that actually deserve it.

magilla
Apr 25 2005, 11:49 PM
Joe isnt a PDGA member this year so PDGA

If hes not a PDGA member then how can we tell him what division he has to play in? Even though his "last" rating puts him on the line...whos to say there arent circumstances. There is NO rules to cover this, should the TD be responsible to tell non members where they HAVE to play. If thats true then make them ALL PLAY OPEN :D

heck if the PDGA would actually count my "garbage" rounds my rating would plummit and I can once again hear the cries of "Sandbagger":p

topdog
Apr 25 2005, 11:59 PM
Joe isnt a PDGA member this year so PDGA

If hes not a PDGA member then how can we tell him what division he has to play in? Even though his "last" rating puts him on the line...whos to say there arent circumstances. There is NO rules to cover this, should the TD be responsible to tell non members where they HAVE to play. If thats true then make them ALL PLAY OPEN :D

heck if the PDGA would actually count my "garbage" rounds my rating would plummit and I can once again hear the cries of "Sandbagger":p

I believe there is a rule that stats he has to play ADV even if he is a PDGA member or not that is a question for Chuck Kennedy. Come on and play ADV I dont care.

ellswrth
Apr 26 2005, 12:17 AM
Ironically -- if Joe had played Advanced and shot the same score - he would have tied with Jeff Jones for 5th place in Advanced and won $20 or so more in merchandise. (at the Vintage Cup -- which is what this thread is supposed to be about.)