Mar 12 2005, 04:05 PM
The 20th annual Masters Cup is comming up quickly.
This year should be better than ever.

It will sell out, you must pre-reg. * If you are traveling from far away we are very honored and happy you are coming, you make the event what it is, but please do not just show up un-registered and say "oh but i just drove all the way from where ever" as you make the event more dificult and less fun for your fellow golfers.

Details available here:
http://www.delaveagadiscgolf.com/content/view/101//

If anyone has questions about places to stay, things to do, places to eat, the event itslef, anything, please feel free to write back here, or email me at
[email protected] subject Masters Cup and I will be happy to answer any questions.

We look forward to seeing all of you at this Premire NT event.

No free beer, sorry.

Mar 17 2005, 12:30 PM
** please read.

Hello.

There were some schedualing changes made with the Masters Cup that did not get corrected in time for DGWN. All of the web pages are correct, but the latest mag has the wrong dates in the tour list for the Pro weekend.

The correct info is:

The Pro Event is part of the PDGA NATIONAL TOUR schedule this year and will be held the 3-day weekend of May 20, 21 & 22. This event is also part of a statewide California tour, following the Motherlode in Grass Valley/Penn Valley, and followed by the Golden State Classic National Tour event in La Mirada. The Masters Cup is also the final leg of the NorCal Triple Nugget tour.

The Amateur Divisions are set to play the 3 day weekend of April 29th thru May 1st.

You can find out more here:
http://www.delaveagadiscgolf.com

Please pass the word along.

Thanks.
See me at the event for Schweber-Ade :D

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 01:12 PM
Schweber-Ade is the way to go, even though beer has its good sides also.
Can't wait to play in the Master's Cup again.

rhett
Mar 17 2005, 01:32 PM
Quick clarification on the tour dates fo the other events, from the PDGA on-line schedule:

May 7-8: Motherlode* Pro B-Tier
May 10-11: Browns and Bows* (Tuesday-Wednesday)
May 13-14-15: Golden State Classic NT
May 20-21-22: Masters Cup* NT
May 28-29: Beaver State Fling NT

<font size=-5>* = Triple Nugget tourney</font>

Your post put GSC after masters Cup. :) The good thing about the current schedule is that the NT events move from South to North. The bad thing is that the Triple Nugget gets spread out to more than a week.

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 01:36 PM
Triple Nugget

Mar 17 2005, 03:33 PM
Y aknow, last year they said would be the last mid-week Browns & Bows, and there for tipple nuggy ... but here it is back? even tough it's spread out.

That's good though Browns is a very special place, open only a few times a year.
I highly reccomend it.

Schwe are you going to play Browns?

Mar 17 2005, 03:35 PM
TTriPPle NuGGeTT :D

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 03:36 PM
I dont know, cause we have to get down to LaMirada for the event down there.

rhett
Mar 17 2005, 03:54 PM
I'm just making assumptions about the ole tr�s nugettos. Like assuming y'all are still doing whatever it is that makes it a series of it's own.

I was just pointing out the NT moves up the coast from LaMa to Santa Cruz to Oregon, and didn't want to leave any NorCal stuff out. :)

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 04:04 PM
SUUUURE RheTT, you are always trying to cause trouble.

rhett
Mar 17 2005, 04:54 PM
NOOOOOooooooooo.......no trouble this time, I swear! :D

One of these years I'll make it to the Masters Cup. They always have the killer player pack stuff that nobody else has.

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 05:02 PM
You are right I have a nice Jacket and sweet watch to prove it.

cbdiscpimp
Mar 17 2005, 05:05 PM
It looks like the DiscPimp will be attending this years Master Cup thanks to a generous airfare sponsorship by Steve Ganz. I cant wait to play my first tournament in Cali. In fact it will be the first time I have EVER been to Cali other then driving from Vegas to Scottsdale. I cant wait to get out there and play some Cali Golf :D What is Dela Like???

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 05:15 PM
Elevation golf, with lots of danger everywhere.

Mar 17 2005, 05:22 PM
Dela is one of the most righteous courses you'll ever play!

27 holes most of them over 350, especially for masters Pro.

Almost every hole has an elevation change of some kind, and the greens are very fast, which is to say, if you're running, run, if you're laying up, then lay up, but either way be precise because casual approches, and loose puttss will typically make you pay with an additional stroke.

You are familiar with the term 3 putt? :o

The course is primarilly oaks and pines, with a few redwoods. Big Open Long fairways.

Some holes have never been Aced, and a couple are rarely gotten in 2.

All holes have nice, large concrete tee's

You will need, or should have, a Stable driver, understable driver, a Roller, putters, and if you have a Overhand shot of some kind, it could be handy if you can throw it far/high enbough.

It will test every shot in your game, and there are no 2 holes alike. Bring a camera, we have great views! And Sanat Cruz is juts a great town with a lot to do, and some of the finest eats any where.

I play it nearly every day. I am a very lucky guy.

I think you'll like it. We look forward to seeing you, it's the travlers that make the event, Please Please Pre Reg we hate over sold events, and it is tuff to turn people away, but it can happen for sure.

If you need more or specifics, let me know.

Look me up when you get here, I'm not hard to find around Dela, ask for Steely John :D I'll make you a ShweberAde and show you around.

Look forward to seeing you. :cool:

cbdiscpimp
Mar 17 2005, 05:30 PM
Sounds good to me. The only think left to do now is get the time off work and make the flight plans with Steve :D Cant wait to get to Santa Cruz :D I have a thumber and i just learned a roller so it should be in good shape by the time i get out there :D

Thanks again and ill see at Masters Cup :D

Mar 17 2005, 05:30 PM
Oh yes the palyers Pack, we try to be a leader. :D

And this year we're introducing the Green jacket for the Open Pro Champ.

I made sure iTT would be big enough to fiTT the Shwe ...just in case :D

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 05:33 PM
Word to that Steely John. Schweber-ade in hand.

topdog
Mar 17 2005, 06:39 PM
44 days till Master's Cup Can't wait. If you're from outside Cali I recomend that you make extra effort to my this event.

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 06:56 PM
You must mean the Am Master's Cup.

topdog
Mar 17 2005, 06:58 PM
Yes sir

bschweberger
Mar 17 2005, 07:00 PM
Okay, just had to clarify that.

pterodactyl
Mar 18 2005, 12:04 AM
Check out that respect!

bschweberger
Mar 18 2005, 12:28 AM
As long as it wasnt respect for his elders.

topdog
Mar 18 2005, 01:21 AM
That is what you learn in the military and respect for one of the top pro's.
Kenny Lee would be the elder.

bschweberger
Mar 18 2005, 09:44 AM
Gracias

pterodactyl
Mar 18 2005, 11:57 AM
I'll teach you the meaning of respect!
-Lee Elder

dezmon
Mar 18 2005, 03:27 PM
Welcome to my course Pimp!! You will love it...Cali wants you here ;)
email me for any questions about where to stay-I wish I could put you up, but my kids would cramp you party lifestyle :D
I must avenge my poor play at the Memorial...
See you out here!

ellswrth
Mar 26 2005, 01:57 AM
All holes have nice, large concrete tee's

Except maybe 14 and 18.

Apr 01 2005, 03:57 PM
14 is a little short, 18 is fine.

Compared to most courses they are excellent.

We have some fabulous limited edition discs coming out for this event. Very nice, very limited.

Thanks to Innova for that. :D

The green jacket is in the house :D(actually it's at the embroiderers) having "SchweberAde" put on the back :o

Apr 01 2005, 06:34 PM
Jus sent mines in! Can't wait to tromp through the poison oak and slide down an occasional muddy hillside :D STAY IN THE FAIRWAY OR YOUR FAWKED!!!!!!

Apr 01 2005, 07:10 PM
:cool:

Look forward toseeing you! The mud should be gone by then,and we'll try to getas much of the oak cleared as possible...from the fairways any way :D

pterodactyl
Apr 01 2005, 09:58 PM
Played DeLa yesterday. It was the first time that I ever played a "casual" round there. Had a lot of fun(-4) with 2 OB's.

bschweberger
Apr 01 2005, 10:29 PM
get all the practice you want. NC is coming to get that money.

pterodactyl
Apr 02 2005, 03:24 AM
I don't even know if I'll be able to play yet. It's the last day of school. Not a day you normally ask to get off of work. Maybe Masters will get the afternoon tee times on Friday.
So who's coming besides Billy in my division?

bschweberger
Apr 02 2005, 10:06 PM

Billy aint comin. :(

Apr 05 2005, 04:34 PM
The Jacket is being embroidered now.

The fairways and greens get initial mowing this weekend.

The pins have been moved to the Long positions, (7 will move in another day) to reflect the opening round(s) layout for the Masters if you would like to come practice it.

Some holes will not go in untill the last minute (Maybe 17 &12- no guarantees) due to errosion issues and DDGCs comtiment to work with the city and preserve the course. :D

Kenny Lee, I will be playing in Masters this year for the first time. In fact, it's turning out to be my first event in the masters division. :D

We play Friday AM, Saturday PM, Sunday AM. Open plays friday Pm, Saturday AM, Sunday PM The scheduale rotates each year.

So next year Masters will play PM AM PM :D

I sure hope you can make it Kenny. The Msters is always a huge event.

The Champ will be here :D

Apr 05 2005, 04:48 PM

Billy aint comin.

I think one fo you means Billy Crump & one of you means Billy Lane?

Both excellent golfers and fabulous people. Wish they could both be here.

Schwe, please say howdy to Crump and Mad Dawg. Look forward TTo seeing you again. I have a SchweberAde and a Burrito for you. When is that wedding ? Did you have minis made? I'll trade ya?

Kenny, I would bet you'll see the likes of Hapner and Harding for sure. I think LeVan has gone GM?

I'm willing to bet Riley will not miss this one, nor the Lissamans. (aka The Lissia) I hear Magilla qualifies for the Codger division this year TToo :o

That should give you plenty of competition and stimulating company :D

magilla
Apr 05 2005, 05:03 PM
Played DeLa yesterday. It was the first time that I ever played a "casual" round there. Had a lot of fun(-4) with 2 OB's.

You should have been at the Match Play :mad:

Apr 07 2005, 02:48 PM
I heard match play was an epic event Mikey.. Good show.Sorry I couldn't be there.

The pins at Dela have all been moved to the long (not ultra long) postions. There have also been some natural changes to the course so it's a good time to come out and parcatice this opening round layout.

We will be working on the course this Saturday (4/9) if any one would like to come and help out for an hour or two. We really appreciate it. We'll have some pizza and sodas for work crew.

We have new club memberships, shrits etc available.
Here is our site http://www.delaveagadiscgolf.com/

We are going to have not 1, but 3 of the coolest discs you have ever seen available at the Masters this year! :D I could tell ya but .... :D

I will post as soon as they are available, and what exactly the designs are.

Some of you may remember the 1st run gold (kinda copper) candy aviars that were introduced at the Masters in 2001 I believe? They are very prized discs now selling for exorbadent amounts of money on ebay. I think these designs are going to be right up there with them. These discs are very limited in number, so come on out to the Masters and get you one, or send a friend. I am sorry I'm not sure if they will be vaialble via the web? If they are they will be linked the the dela site :D

We have a lot of entries coming in so be sure to sign up soon!

We look forward to seeing all of you! :D

You can get more details on the Masters and other NorCal happenings here http://www.norcalseries.com/

magilla
Apr 07 2005, 03:11 PM
I heard match play was an epic event Mikey.. Good show.Sorry I couldn't be there.

Im sure the pictures and article for DGWN will be great!!

Oh yea, you said you would be there to handle that :confused: :(

Thanks for letting me know you were not coming :mad:

Apr 07 2005, 03:30 PM
Yea. that was a bummer. I'm really Sorry about that Mikey. No guarantee it would have made the mag anyway. But I feel terrible about letting you down.

I was packed and ready to go. Got sick Friday night
: ( Tried to go anyway but was to ill to drive safely.

Talked to JB friday and saturday night. He said there was there were a lot of people out there taking pics and video. I bet he could tell the story pretty well and from the inside? You want I should approach him about that?

cgflesner
Apr 07 2005, 04:21 PM
Are we going to play the same layout as last year? Losing hole 19 and playing that one on top of the hill. :confused:

magilla
Apr 07 2005, 05:00 PM
Yea. that was a bummer. I'm really Sorry about that Mikey. No guarantee it would have made the mag anyway. But I feel terrible about letting you down.

I was packed and ready to go. Got sick Friday night
: ( Tried to go anyway but was to ill to drive safely.

Talked to JB friday and saturday night. He said there was there were a lot of people out there taking pics and video. I bet he could tell the story pretty well and from the inside? You want I should approach him about that?

/msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Thats "LICKS" sorry you took ill.

JB could add Great insite...Ill try to contact him as well to see if he would be interested.
See Ya :D

Apr 07 2005, 05:37 PM
Thanks for understanding.

I see Jonny more days than not.
I'l email you his email.

J

pterodactyl
Apr 07 2005, 09:31 PM
The pins at Dela have all been moved to the long (not ultra long) postions. There have also been some natural changes to the course so it's a good time to come out and parcatice this opening round layout.

That's good information. I'll see you all on either the 23rd or 30th of this month for a saturday doubles.

Can you post the doubles time here for everyone?
thanks,
Sherlock :D

topdog
Apr 07 2005, 10:29 PM
The 30th is the Master's Cup for AMs.

bschweberger
Apr 08 2005, 02:07 AM
Will the tourney really fill?

pterodactyl
Apr 08 2005, 11:39 AM
The 30th is the Master's Cup for AMs.

OK, that settles it, make it the 23rd.

magilla
Apr 08 2005, 12:05 PM

It is possible, BUT not likly. With 108 spots avail for the OPEN Pool and another 108 for the rest.

The AMS might just FILL.

rhett
Apr 08 2005, 01:16 PM

It is possible, BUT not likly. With 108 spots avail for the OPEN Pool and another 108 for the rest.

The AMS might just FILL.

Doesn't this one usually fill? Pro participation seems to be down across the board, though.

Still, make a TDs life a lot easier and pre-reg for the tourneys you know you are going to.

Apr 08 2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Yall.

First, Kenny Lee. I'm sorry I gave you wrong info. Pools do not rotate each year? I don't know where i got that ? I thought they had? Anyway, That means for Open weekend,
Open Pool is Friday PM , Sat AM, Sun PM
All other (codgers included) Fri AM Sat PM SUn AM
And so it goes. Sorry for mistake.

Saturday Doubles, is actually On SUNDAYs :D Folks start to show around 8:30, sign up around 9, draw names around 9:30 Bring 5 bucks and a mini. Usually finish around 1:30? Holes are longer.Some where around 7 -10 down usualy takes 1st in the long layout.

(Sharks play most weekdays @ 3 : ) Hole 1. Bring 5.

First saturday of each month is monthy, barring tourney.

Layout: I don't know if it's exactly the same as last year? I was in Grass valley, but I bet it's very close.

2005 AM first 2 rounds proposed /pending parking (*subject to change)

1 upper right
2 left
4 long
5 long (new tree in path)
6 long
7 long
8 aka "the jurry room"
8A right

**Sherwood forrest
10 long

11 long straight
12* aka "the kitchen" Classic long
13 aka I-5 long I birdied w/T Tran :D
14 mediium by concrete box
15 medium right
16 right
17 aka "Gravity" *Back?
18 long right
19 long
20* right may be out for parking
22* may be out
23 left
24 long
25 long
26 aka "Sisyphus" long
* may have to add the ridge hole we had last year?
27 aka "top of the world" long

Look for the course to go somewhat shorter on Sunday
Open weekend will probably play similar layout(s)

There may be an added hole on top like we did last year? We are still trying to negotiate parking with the city so we can play 20 & 22. We'll see :o

Will this event fill? Very, very possible. Especially for Ams. Please do not wait if you are serrious about playing this event. We are comitted to not over selling, So pre Reg. We may go to some 5's? But we really like 4 somes. Typically, we are very close to filling, and the sport just keeps getting bigger.

With 20 years of history, and one of the biggest payouts, this event is very popular. We expect to see most of the NT palyers out for this event and the west coast swing. I believe were are a USDGC qualifier? If disc golf is in your blood it's some thing you juts have to do.

Even if you don't play, it is a great opportunity to came and see more hall of famers and living legends of disc golf than you can shake a stick at. It's like a who's who of DG battling on this epic course. It never fails to get us charged up around here for the rest of the year.
:D

We expect the Champ to be here to deffend his title, (winner of Open previous year traditionally gets entry paid for the next year) ,claim his jacket, and to hand off the Steady Ed trophy to it's next recipient :D

Keep those questions and entries coming! The players make the event.

Dates: The Amateur Divisions are set to play the 3 day weekend of April 29th thru May 1st.

The Pro Event is part of the PDGA NATIONAL TOUR schedule this year and will be held the 3-day weekend of May 20, 21 & 22.

more here: http://www.delaveagadiscgolf.com/

Apr 08 2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Rhett? You will be here yes?

rhett
Apr 08 2005, 05:53 PM
Nope. :(

One of these years I intend to make it up there for Masters Cup, but three-day tourneys are hard travel. Especially so close to the Golden State Classic.

Apr 08 2005, 06:14 PM
Nope.

One of these years I intend to make it up there for Masters Cup, but three-day tourneys are hard travel. Especially so close to the Golden State Classic.

Rats!

We do so much of the same work, I keep thinking we'll actually get to be face to face and hang out a bit one of these days :D

I understand w/ the GSC. Same deal here w/ Masters. So much work, so little time.

Good luck.

See you soon.

magilla
Apr 08 2005, 08:06 PM
We do so much of the same work....... :D

:confused: Yea right, Sorry John but you are not even CLOSE with that statement. :p

Anyways, Rhett's "askeerd" of NorCal :D

bschweberger
Apr 08 2005, 08:41 PM
We do so much of the same work....... :D

:confused: Yea right, Sorry John but you are not even CLOSE with that statement. :p

Anyways, Rhett's "askeerd" of NorCal :D

RheTT most definitely scared of Norcal.

pterodactyl
Apr 08 2005, 09:22 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooo!(picture it performed by one of the ghostly trio). Rhett's not skeered. He played well in Tahoe. He was stress-free, though, being on vacation and all.

pterodactyl
Apr 08 2005, 09:24 PM
See ya at 3! :D

katieb
Apr 09 2005, 12:15 AM
John, This is the first year since I've been playing Masters Cup, that I have been in B pool. I figured that the "alternating" was a new thing with the new renewed club (which seems to be an excellent thing!).
-Katie

bschweberger
Apr 09 2005, 12:36 AM
Alternating, (hiccup) oops drunken post.

rhett
Apr 09 2005, 02:33 AM
Thanks kenny! :)

I have to admit I was askeered to leave my car with two weeks worth of stuff stuffed inside at the parking lot at Grass Valley all by itself, so I didn't get to play that course on that trip. :p

Apr 10 2005, 05:00 AM
Eh tu Magilla?
Like you even really know me? or what I do. Thanks for the supprt though. Does that sort of thing tend to work well for you?

Katie, I think the rotation was from days of yore w/ Tommy ? And I believe only the Am weekend? There is a method to the current maddenss :D

Hole 12 is in the classic position for your practiicng pleasure. Great work day today. The course is shaping up nicley.

magilla
Apr 10 2005, 03:35 PM
Eh tu Magilla?
Like you even really know me? or what I do. Thanks for the supprt though. Does that sort of thing tend to work well for you?

Katie, I think the rotation was from days of yore w/ Tommy ? And I believe only the Am weekend? There is a method to the current maddenss :D

Hole 12 is in the classic position for your practiicng pleasure. Great work day today. The course is shaping up nicley.

:confused: Dont take it so personal, John. ;)

Never did I say that you didnt do stuff. BUT you tried to put yourself on a level FAR beyond your dealings.

I didnt know that you actually ran an ENTIRE series all by yourself /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I seem to remember the Stroh Family doing just that :) and catching quite a bit of greif for it as well
What you do on your LOCAL level is awsome, but its not at that level :D

<font color="red">I must be SICK or something.... :p Did I just say something nice about Rhett?? </font>

rhett
Apr 10 2005, 03:56 PM
<font color="red">I must be SICK or something.... :p Did I just say something nice about Rhett?? </font>

Now dat wuz funny! :D

Masters Cup will rock again, like usual. Good luck and good weather wishes to all.

Apr 12 2005, 06:55 PM
OK Mike. Perhaps to defensive. But, I still contend that you know very little about what I do, locally or otherwise, and that I was not referring stirctly to disc golf. IEI'm guessing Rhett does some sort of tech job?

Where I come from "frisbee people" are positive, tollerant, and inclusive.
"Most fun wins" & "better than you found it" should be practiced more often than not. :D

No wonder they wouldn't let you be a long-hair any more. :p

magilla
Apr 13 2005, 07:26 PM
Where I come from "frisbee people" are positive, tollerant, and inclusive.

Huh, when did that change...I have a "slew" of emails from YOU that would contradict that statement...ie "WAAHHH"

"Most fun wins" & "better than you found it" should be practiced more often than not. :D

"Better than you found it" that sure describes DeLa doesnt it?

/msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Im more of a "Long Hair" than you'll EVER be. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Apr 15 2005, 03:52 PM
Ya know, now that I think about it? You're right.

You are a righteous infalable perfect individual who deserves nothing but unquestioned respect. And I am just an [*****].

Back to the Masters....

Hole 17 is in for your annual thirlls.

magilla
Apr 15 2005, 04:00 PM

You are a righteous infalable perfect individual who deserves nothing but unquestioned respect. And I am just an [*****].

Im glad we got that issue solved /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ellswrth
Apr 15 2005, 04:01 PM

I love the gravity hole.

bschweberger
Apr 15 2005, 05:23 PM
Gravity Is S W E E T ....

Apr 15 2005, 05:59 PM
Im glad we got that issue solved

Me too. :D I feel much better. Except I said I was a [*****], and the board said I'm a [*****] ? :o

The course is looking very nice. Mowed and prepped. Everything is coming togethor nicely.

The Green Jacket is ready.

Mike & I will be starting togethor on hole 15 :o

magilla
Apr 15 2005, 08:01 PM
Im glad we got that issue solved

Me too. :D I feel much better. Except I said I was a [*****], and the board said I'm a [*****] ? :o

The course is looking very nice. Mowed and prepped. Everything is coming togethor nicely.

The Green Jacket is ready.

:mad:I guess Ill have to warm up before I get there :D

topdog
Apr 20 2005, 12:06 AM
What happened to Mills I thought he was playing.

cbdiscpimp
Apr 20 2005, 01:00 AM
I got in a car accident so I wont be able to take the time off work because i had to get a new truck :mad::(

idahojon
Apr 20 2005, 02:15 AM
I got in a car accident so I wont be able to take the time off work because i had to get a new truck :mad::(

Hope YOU are ok, Millzzzz.

And you sell auto parts....just build yourself a new one.

Apr 20 2005, 05:02 PM

I love the gravity hole.

I aced that hole :D

pterodactyl
Apr 20 2005, 08:29 PM

Congratulations on your nuptuals, big guy.

magilla
Apr 20 2005, 08:47 PM

Congratulations on your nuptuals, big guy.

I can see his rating "drop" as I type :D

michellewade
Apr 20 2005, 11:17 PM

I love the gravity hole.

I aced that hole :D

Hear that guys?? NO OTHER FEMALE has ever aced that hole ~ Ever! :eek: :) ;)

Apr 22 2005, 05:48 PM

I love the gravity hole.

I aced that hole

Hear that guys?? NO OTHER FEMALE has ever aced that hole ~ Ever!

I believe you are correct there Michelle? Gravity was my fist Ace :D

And these days, the hole only goes in for the Masters, so lets hope you get it again this year!

michellewade
Apr 22 2005, 08:35 PM

I love the gravity hole.

I aced that hole

I believe you are correct there Michelle? Gravity was my fist Ace :D

And these days, the hole only goes in for the Masters, so lets hope you get it again this year!

Clarification: 1) it was posted by TOOL, not me - she's the gal who got the only ace at De La; 2) I won't be playing Masters this year. ;) But maybe next, we'll see.

Apr 23 2005, 01:41 AM

I love the gravity hole.

I aced that hole

I believe you are correct there Michelle? Gravity was my fist Ace

Clarification: 1) it was posted by TOOL, not me - she's the gal who got the only ace at De La; 2) I won't be playing Masters this year. But maybe next, we'll see.

My bad :o
Sorry you won't be here.
It will be waiting :D

katieb
Apr 23 2005, 06:30 PM
Her bio says first girl - not only girl.

I aced it about two years ago.
The guys on 18 saw it and each left me a dollar on the tee box. :)

pterodactyl
Apr 23 2005, 07:30 PM
Way to go, Katie! Set the record straight. "Ever"-pshaw

michellewade
Apr 25 2005, 02:43 PM
Her bio says first girl - not only girl.

I aced it about two years ago.
The guys on 18 saw it and each left me a dollar on the tee box. :)

Congrats Katie!!!! :D;)

Apr 25 2005, 05:43 PM
3 more Dayz :D

Apr 25 2005, 05:58 PM
3 more Dayz

Yes Jon. We are very close!

We have had some late rains this year, and a lot of tall grass as a result.

Fortunately I think we have also one of the best cumulative club efforts I can remember to get the course in shape!

We're starting to see a lot of great golfers and good friends haunting the course.

Spotted recently were the likes of Sontag, Feidler, some guy named "Dorius"
:D, Cancler, and Childs.

Also over the weekend was an epic side battle between some of the GM legends.
George Maples, Tom Schot, Steve Tufty, Grahm Walker, Micheal Berry, to name a few.

Really fun to watch some of the OGs go at it. These guys can still throw a disc.
I thouhgt they could putt better by now ;) ha ha
That's what you have going for you as a GM right? 20+ years of putting expereince :D right?

I love this time of year.

We do have a slight chance of light showers Firday and the 2 days leading in, so you may want to bring some gear for that.

We'll do everything we can to keep you comfortable,and hope for the best.

This is the first time in 3 years I'll be home, instead of the Motherload Am weekend, so I'm really looking forward to seeing some great golf!

Have a safe journey. :D

bschweberger
Apr 25 2005, 06:00 PM
check is in da mail.

Apr 25 2005, 11:02 PM
<font color="blue"> </font> Wahooooo!
Heading up Thurs., hopin to throw a few in the afternoon.

Thanks to DeLa club members for gettin things ready for sure!
Whats up JonJon? Ya ready mon? Lets do this..............

Floyd ;)

Apr 26 2005, 03:14 PM
I'm so ready!

The following is a very important update for the AM weekend from the TD.
Please read,and pass the word.
This is for those who are playing in the Am Masters
Cup this weekend, and for those who did not get the
email explaining the format.

First, those who have played the Masters Cup prior,
know that parking is our biggest issue. Therefore, in
recent years, holes #20 & #22 have been taken out of
play in order to allow for overflow parking.

This year, holes #20 & #22 will be in play, and
overflow parking will be either at the Stroke Center,
and or the Ball Golf Course Parking Lot.

This will generally affect those who are playing in
the afternoon rounds, as we will try to accomodate as
many as possible for the morning rounds, in the
general parking area, and remember the parking [*****]
will be there to make sure that you PARK AS CLOSE AS
POSSILBE TO THE VEHICLE NEXT TO YOU. Please, if at all
possible, attempt to carpool. Also, due to the amount
of rain this year, the general parking area is a
mess....and it is expected to rain more before this
weekend...

We realize this is somewhat of a hardship, yet, it
will allow you to play the entire course as it was
meant, plus some. The format will be to play 29 holes
on Friday & Saturday, utilizing the 'Gravity Hole'
[#17], which is no longer used for regular play due to
professed erosion issues, and we will again play the
temporary added hole of #26a on top of the world......

Therefore, plan to arrive early, as you may need to
walk into the course. We will attempt to provide some
sort of shuttle service, but, do not count on it for
you are ultimately responsible for arriving on time.

On Sunday, to expedite the day so that those who
travel may be able to leave as early as possible, the
format will be to play 25 holes, excluding holes #13-
#16. Therefore, when you complete hole #12 you will
proceed to hole #17.

Pass the word....

Martin Hapner

Apr 26 2005, 09:46 PM
wut no hole 13, 14, 15, 16???? Darn Thats gonna make my score 8 strokes better :(

Apr 27 2005, 06:00 PM
wut no hole 13, 14, 15, 16???? Darn Thats gonna make my score 8 strokes better

:o:p :D

If I'm not mistaken, Marty is going to try and make it so you can play holes 20 & 22, which have been omitted due to parking limitations the last couple of years.

The plan has it so you play 29,29, and 23 holes so you effectivley still play 81 holes (3x27) :Dand still get you on your way home on Sunday.:D

As well, I think the feeling is that 20 & 22 are integral parts of the natural course, and if your going to came play Dela, (Dayla) you should get to play all of the holes. :D

You are correct that 13-16 can be some of the more challenging holes, but 20 can get you in a lot of trouble quick too. :o 22 is rad if you have good roller.

If you played 26A last year, wait until you see it this year!

I had the pleasure of cutting it with Shot the other day and we had more fun than you should be able to with a mower and a weed whacker.:D

Most of the 10 meter circles are down, and the rain should pass by thursday leaving patchy but dry skies for the weekend!!! :D

We're currently sitting at 138 registered players broken as follows:

9 Female Advanced Open Players
51 Male Advanced Open Players
39 Male Intermediate Open Players
5 Male Recreational Open Players
9 Male Advanced Grandmaster Players
25 Male Advanced Masters Players

magilla
Apr 27 2005, 08:12 PM

:mad:
I just found that I will not be able to attend the Master Cup this year
:mad:

WORK SUCKS............Maybe I should quit :cool:

bschweberger
Apr 28 2005, 11:34 AM
Quit your Job play Disc Golf

magilla
Apr 28 2005, 12:04 PM
Quit your Job play Disc Golf

.......Sell House...Move to Oregon :p

Schweb.....I got a tee time at Stafford Monday Morning the 23rd for you and any other "Tour Rat" that wants a "Guided Tour" :D

bschweberger
Apr 28 2005, 01:11 PM
That is definite possibility. :D :)

Apr 28 2005, 03:31 PM
Mike & I will be starting togethor on hole 15
WORK SUCKS............Maybe I should quit

Bummer Mike.
We'll miss ya. Maybe some thing will change beofre then?
If not,
Can Jah Chupa borrow your stylie ride to do security? :o Not that the Astro doesn't rock...

I promise we won't play poker in it. :D

Maybe you could do a KOA kinda thing in OR? But I don't think NorCal is ready to give you up. :cool:

U want I should pick up any of the discs for you? :D

Sug
Apr 29 2005, 03:35 AM
that monday mornin thing sounds like somethin I may be able to attend. It'd be cool to hang out with ya again Schweb.

bschweberger
Apr 29 2005, 10:08 AM
Depends on what Burl has planned.

steveganz
Apr 30 2005, 03:27 AM
Scores (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4660&amp;year=2005&amp;incl udeRatings=1#Advanced) | Pictures (http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveganz/tags/masterscup/)

slo
Apr 30 2005, 04:53 AM
Scores (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4660&year=2005&includeRatings=1#Advanced) | Pictures (http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveganz/tags/masterscup/)

148 first-round scores, and http://photos8.flickr.com/11559864_ff46ec8513_s.jpg 50 photos in a gear layout...very nice! :cool:

ANHYZER
Apr 30 2005, 04:56 AM
The Kid (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4660#Intermediate) Sean Olson is tearing it up...he's only 15 :o

kgomez
Apr 30 2005, 06:08 AM
Heard Jared Niles aced a hole that has never been aced before.. Any truth to the rumor? I think it was 12?

steveganz
Apr 30 2005, 01:07 PM
Hole 22. Not sure if it's NEVER been aced before but it's certainly something that would be hard to believe if there weren't 20 people standing around watching it at the time.

steveganz
May 01 2005, 03:15 AM
Second Round Results (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4660&amp;year=2005&amp;incl udeRatings=1)

steveganz
May 02 2005, 02:55 AM
Final Results (http://pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4660) | Photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveganz/tags/masterscup/)

Thanks so much to the great Marty Hapner and brother Rob. The Master's Cup is always one of the years best and the renewed enthusiasm and increased participation in the DeLaveaga Disc Golf Club this year made it that much better. I didn't play but had a blast just being there!

It was a battle royale between Steve Lonhart and Matt Scott all weekend long. Today was really something to behold. Each going toe-to-toe for almost two-thirds of the round until Lonhart broke away and never looked back.

Congratulations to all who played!

slo
May 02 2005, 05:16 AM
We need all those 11 FW1's down for the SoCal Champs...not one did last year; what's up with that?

<font size=-3>oh yeah, great work Steve!</font> :cool:

magilla
May 02 2005, 01:30 PM
We need all those 11 FW1's down for the SoCal Champs...not one did last year; what's up with that?

We need ANY SoCal golfers to come up and play ANY NorCal events..............

Thems all askeerd /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

May 02 2005, 02:00 PM
Heard Jared Niles aced a hole that has never been aced before.. Any truth to the rumor? I think it was 12?

It's been aced before. Same way, off the root and in babee! :cool:

May 02 2005, 03:30 PM
Mike & I will be starting togethor on hole 15

WORK SUCKS............Maybe I should quit

OK Mikey. So take 7s on friday and we'll start together on 15 Saturday :D

rhett
May 02 2005, 05:45 PM

Thems all askeerd /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Check yer stats, there's a few in them MC Ams results. :)

May 02 2005, 06:22 PM
Thems all askeerd

Check yer stats, there's a few in them MC Ams results.

--------------------

Magilla just loves to stir it :eek:
I remember Gabriel was here last year, and I beilieve is signed up again. I'm sure there is /was more. The Rico's are always at Dela events Mike? :o... and your Match play! :D

They always bring with them one of my favorite people, Gary Sandoval.

Rhett, maybe we could make a deal for next year, I come and play one of your events, and you come play one of ours? :)

Then we can rave about what great events we all do? :D

rhett
May 02 2005, 06:41 PM
Stroh Family Disc Golf currently plans to attend either the Auburn or the Tahoe tourney, with 75% of the team making the trip. In 2003, we played in the Tahoe tourney. :)

It must be your turn to come down here. :D

magilla
May 02 2005, 06:44 PM
Stroh Family Disc Golf currently plans to attend either the Auburn or the Tahoe tourney, with 75% of the team making the trip. In 2003, we played in the Tahoe tourney. :)

It must be your turn to come down here. :D

If you plan to play Auburn you better enter NOW. With only 22 holes the field WILL FILL.

You should just bring the Family to the KOA :D

May 02 2005, 10:21 PM
Masters Cup rocked! Too bad my game didnt, this time.

Hail Marty and Rob and crew of DeLa for putting together a wonderful tourney. Santa Cruz is cool, got to hang with Ed Buskirk and wife and met a ton of cool folk. I guess i knew i was in for a beating SO on the way up i stopped by DGA and scored a new MACH V. Maybe a little practice might improve the game;) Thanks to Scott Keasey and Farina for hooking me up with a deal on the basket at DGA. They are the coolest people for letting me stop by DGA for my annual tour there. Although on a down note I lost my (yellow) Squall on the 2nd to last hole (# 8a) of the tourney. I dont care about losing discs but i had a Ace with that disc and i miss it :(

Good to see Steve Ganz around there working hard, and snapping photos, hey wheres my picture man?
Oh, and my wife Lori and my dog also had a great time there
with all you cool people.
Congrats to Jared Niles on his sick Ace. Want to mention what a nice fella that Jared is, a fine example of what a disc golfer can be. Nice hanging with ya J!
Is Santa Cruz NorCal? Where does NorCal begin at?
Peace,
Floyd 'Bud' Henke :D

slo
May 02 2005, 10:35 PM
Is Santa Cruz NorCal? Where does NorCal begin at?
Peace,
Floyd 'Bud' Henke :D

Yes; Santa Maria is the last vestages of SoCal...Lompoc and 'above' is NorCountry. :cool:

rhett
May 02 2005, 10:37 PM
Yes; Santa Maria is the last vestages of SoCal...Lompoc and 'above' is NorCountry. :cool:

Um.........Loam-Poke is South of Santa Maria. :)

steveganz
May 03 2005, 12:44 AM
I'd say Atascadero is the mid-point and firmly in neutral territory.

steveganz
May 03 2005, 12:45 AM
Floyd! Dude, great to see you and Lori as always and I'm glad you had a great time. Next time you get up onto the Advanced leader card I'll get a picture of you. :D

May 03 2005, 01:01 AM
I'd say Atascadero is the mid-point and firmly in neutral territory.

Correct! we barely claim Monterey ;)

CSUMB is the southern most stop on the "NorCal"tour.

There is a Central Valley serries that runs further south, and central of us.

May 03 2005, 01:24 AM
Advance leader card eh?............................................... .................................................. ...........................Deal!
Guess i got some work to do!
Ganz ya run a tight ship there.
Dang, just tried out my new Mach V and........................ ;)

Peace,
Floyd

slo
May 03 2005, 01:59 AM

Um.........Loam-Poke is South of Santa Maria. :)

Don't let certain 'facts' get in the way of the truth! ;)

...parts of Montana are West of California... :eek:

As a CentCal native I'm fit to judge: "Atacadero" is soooooooooo NorCal it's not funny...Norkies just want Santa Maria unmittigatedly identified a SoCal venue, so they don't have to travel for a 'Bucket' brigade! :o

topdog
May 03 2005, 02:21 AM
I want to say thanx to Marty and Rob and everyone who helped at Master's Cup. It was good seeing Steve Ganz out there taking pics. I had a blast. I hope that I can come back next year.

steveganz
May 03 2005, 01:23 PM
Guess i got some work to do!

Alright, alright. Just get onto any lead card. ;)

dezmon
May 03 2005, 02:05 PM
I've played over 30 tournaments...and by far Marty is the most professional, gracious, T.D. I have experienced!!He and his crew really made me feel like I was almost a pro :cool:Along with John,Chris,Steve,(and more), taking pics,...I'll never forget such an amazing time I had!
My 4 footer on 27(off the tree)
Final 9(my first)
bogey free sunday
And playin with the likes of James wood(Huge Arm)
Marcos Ramirez(Putting Machine)
Jim Manley(Grip Killer)
Jeff Boles(Steady)
Thanks huk lab for the shirt....It worked! :D
Good times...good times

kgomez
May 03 2005, 02:28 PM
Congrats to Jared Niles on his sick Ace. Want to mention what a nice fella that Jared is, a fine example of what a disc golfer can be. Nice hanging with ya J!

I guess you don;t know the REAL Jared Niles Bud! haha just kidding. That ace must been amazing. Who are the others that have aced that hole for curiousity sake?

May 03 2005, 04:44 PM
Don't let certain 'facts' get in the way of the truth!

...parts of Montana are West of California...

As a CentCal native I'm fit to judge: "Atacadero" is soooooooooo NorCal it's not funny...Norkies just want Santa Maria unmittigatedly identified a SoCal venue, so they don't have to travel for a 'Bucket' brigade!

SLO- that was very funny. Thanks. :D

I've played over 30 tournaments...and by far Marty is the most professional, gracious, T.D. I have experienced!!He and his crew really made me feel like I was almost a pro Along with John,Chris,Steve,(and more), taking pics,...I'll never forget such an amazing time I had!

Dez, you are a Pro! :D

And you're right Marty is a fabulous TD, and a great person. We're very happy to have him around,and we're very glad that you had a good time. We try really hard to make the Masters special for everyone, and there's nothing better than to hear that people enjoyed themselves.

I had a great time spotting, clicking pictures, and mostly watching you all have so much fun. I followed quite a few groups at one point or another and I was very impressed by the camradre and sportsmanship you all displayed. The groups were competitive, but also very supportive of each other and thoughtful. Pretty much every group I saw in all divisions had people laughing, joking, comiserating, and helping each other.

That's what it's all about. :D

dezmon
May 04 2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks John...
I plan to document you guys as well.
You did'nt get any final 9 photos did you? If so, I would pay good money for one of me :D
.......It may never happen again....... :o

pterodactyl
May 11 2005, 11:53 AM
Just got done writing the check for this one. Can't wait! Maybe see you this weekend as well. KL

steveganz
May 11 2005, 03:03 PM
Hey John,

I paid Jammer's entry fee for the Pro Master's Cup this year. I told him I would but never got a chance to tell him I did. I don't know if Marty has spoken with him about it. If you get a chance, will you please let him know that he is in.

Thanks!

May 11 2005, 03:43 PM
Wow.

Steve Ganz, as I am sure you have been told before, you are an awsome human being!

"random acts of kindness, and senseless acts of beauty" That's you.

An inspiration to all of us. :D

Jeramiah is a very talented young man with amazing potential and a positive attitude. It will be great to see him play in the open field.

Thanks.

I will be sure to let him know. :D

ellswrth
May 11 2005, 09:19 PM
senseless is definitely a good way to describe Mr. Ganz.

steveganz
May 12 2005, 01:48 PM

May 18 2005, 03:47 PM
1 day until registration. 2 days until play begins. It's the time of year we all look forward to at Delaveaga.

This one is going to be huge. We have 19 Pro Grand Masters signed up!!! :D
5 Groups :D

Chuck, I know that's got to make you smile.

We have 9 women 2 from Japan, and 35 Masters.

59 Open including the likes of Climo, Shultz, Schweburger, Rico, Doss, Feldberg, Jenkins, Ashby.

Wow. We have Lissamans, Peirson, Malolepszy, Barry, Tufty, Dambra, Triemstra.

More hall of famers, living legends and PDGA numbers below 1000 than you can shake a stick at! :D

We have a Green Jacket for the winner of the Open division.

We have a Ed Hedrick memorial trophy that will go to some deserving emabsador of the game.

Thanks to everyone for making the journey. The Masters is a very special event.

For those who can't be here we will miss you and hope you can make it next year.

You can see the complete list of who's signed up by going here http://www.delaveagadiscgolf.com/

click on the "See who's already signed up"link.

When the show begins, that will be where you can check results.

Good luck to returning Champ, The Champ, Kenny Climo coming off of a big win last week in SoCal. Also to returning GM winner Sanpper Peirson, and Master Geoff Lissaman.

The weather should be perfect.

"Most fun wins"

pterodactyl
May 20 2005, 01:16 AM
12 hours until I tee off!! Woo-hoo! I'll see you beautiful people tomorrow. Hole 12(chimes).

topdog
May 20 2005, 04:20 AM
Good Luck Kenny Lee

magilla
May 20 2005, 12:34 PM
12 hours until I tee off!! Woo-hoo! I'll see you beautiful people tomorrow. Hole 12(chimes).

:( Wah.... first played in '93..only the 2nd time Ive miised it :(

If I quit my JOB now...and drive straight down. Ill make the start of the afternnon pool :p I wonder if I can convince Marty to let me in... ;)

Today will be SOOO productive here at the office /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

steveganz
May 20 2005, 06:45 PM
First Round Results: Open Women and the Old Dudes (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4661)

pterodactyl
May 20 2005, 07:26 PM
I played in Sontag's group!

I'm home already, had a shower, and looking forward to tomorrow's afternoon round.

May 20 2005, 07:58 PM
What happened to Oates? :confused:

topdog
May 20 2005, 08:22 PM
He didnt go.
he has been have arm problem for awhile now and it started to act up on him.

May 20 2005, 08:35 PM
He didnt go.
he has been have arm problem for awhile now and it started to act up on him.

Oh, that sucks! Sorry to hear that. :(

magilla
May 21 2005, 12:43 AM
First Round Results (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4661)

Feldberg <font color="red">ON FIRE </font>

Looks like ALOT of top players struggled a bit.. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DeLa can humble the best of 'em :o

Beautiful Weather in NorCal..temps in the 70's
It could hit 80 before the weekend is over, and that is at the coast :cool:
Wish I was there............BoontFling tomorrow :D

Go Redwood Empire...Feldberg, Jah Chupa and "Bob West Award" nominee Pete Sontag :D

Wheres Avery Jenkins:confused:

slo
May 21 2005, 12:52 AM
Wow, 1059!! :eek:

steveganz
May 21 2005, 12:55 AM
Can't wait to watch that top card early in the morning.
Players Meeting: 7:30AM. Open Men and Open Women tee off at 8AM sharp.

Avery wanted to be there, according to Val. He had a late test yesterday and wasn't able to get out of town.

Mike. Come down this weekend!

cgflesner
May 21 2005, 01:00 AM
wow -11 that is smoking!!!!!!!!!

beats my best by 10. :eek:

Moderator005
May 21 2005, 01:17 AM
Wow, Climo is ten strokes behind, and Schultz a whopping 13 strokes back!

steveganz
May 21 2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4661&amp;year=2005&amp;incl udeRatings=1

Feldberg....determined. No let up.

Anthon hits the ace on hole 8 for a stellar -8.

Barry comes back!

What a beautiful day for disc golf.

steveganz
May 22 2005, 04:59 PM
Final Scores for Masters, GM and Seniors: http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4661

dezmon
May 22 2005, 05:27 PM
live scoring?.......cmon Steve, show the shizzl /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

slo
May 22 2005, 05:42 PM
Before noon, day-of....that's really fast posting Steve! :cool:

steveganz
May 22 2005, 07:59 PM
Open Men and Women are just finishing up the third round. Final 9 coming up! Stay tuned for live hole-by-hole coverage.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4661

magilla
May 22 2005, 08:40 PM
Open Men and Women are just finishing up the third round. Final 9 coming up! Stay tuned for live hole-by-hole coverage.

Whoa.......Rico shoots a 71 , Feldberg Shoots a 79...

Rico leads by 1 over Feldberg and Anton... :o

magilla
May 22 2005, 08:47 PM

Whoa.......Rico shoots a 71 , Feldberg Shoots a 79...

Rico leads by 1 over Feldberg and Anton... :o

Steve Rico 79 80 71 230
Joshua Anthon 82 76 73 231
DAVID FELDBERG 73 79 79 231
Jason Herm 78 80 77 235
Nate Doss 80 79 77 236
Ken Climo 83 78 76 237
BARRY SCHULTZ 86 77 77 240
Micah Dorius 80 79 81 240
Roger Cansler 82 82 77 241
Jonathan Baldwin 85 81 77 243
Peter Middlecamp 85 81 78 244
Sonny Ashby 83 88 74 245
Jay Yeti Reading 84 86 75 245
Tony Tran 87 82 76 245
Brian Schweberger 77 86 82 245
Chris Foss 82 82 82 246
Jack Trageser 87 82 79 248
Steve Lonhart 87 81 82 250
Ray Johnson 84 81 85 250
Chris Kunde 86 91 74 251
Donald Smith 91 81 79 251
Matthew Scott 83 88 80 251
Carlo Pelg 86 83 82 251
Kyle Crabtree 84 85 84 253
Tim Messer 87 85 82 254
Manuel Fernandez 86 82 86 254
Joe Garcia 91 84 80 255
Bruce Knisley 83 89 83 255
Steve Rognas 83 89 83 255
Chris Lane 92 91 73 256
Matt Voorhes 86 89 82 257
Chris Vilmorin 86 93 79 258
Brad Armstrong 90 87 81 258
Myles Harding 89 84 87 260
David Harless 97 85 79 261
Dan Duron 89 92 80 261
Sean Roybal 83 95 83 261
Brian Costa 88 91 83 262
Gary Sandoval 94 85 83 262
Michael Hanson 98 87 79 264
Jim Hagen 98 83 83 264
Stanley Pratt 94 87 83 264
Joshua Barnett 96 87 82 265
Jeff Layland 94 90 82 266
Mitch Carbone 88 92 88 268
Mark Taylor 89 96 85 270
Jeremiah Allabach 93 87 90 270
Jeremy Crago 93 98 80 271
Neil Finicum 93 92 86 271
Wally Moore 89 95 88 272
Charles Matheson 96 95 92 283
John Lipnisky 110 94 86 290
Trevor Cozyris 104 99 87 290
Paul Walker 110 102 89 301
Brian Jones 107 107 107 321
Brian Rossi 95 999 0 1094
James Wood 99 999 0 1098
Jason Tyra 86 83 999 1168
Justin Scoggins 98 99 999 1196

slo
May 22 2005, 08:52 PM
Climo, Schultz, Dorius, and Schweb all spectators. :eek:

Are those two Kali Kids near the top, as in right at? "So" more than others. :cool:

steveganz
May 22 2005, 08:53 PM
Live coverage starts now: http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4661

dezmon
May 22 2005, 08:55 PM
Final 9 format?....safari,etc.

steveganz
May 22 2005, 09:08 PM
Classic Master's Cup Safari 9.

magilla
May 22 2005, 09:40 PM
Climo, Schultz, Dorius, and Schweb all spectators. :eek:

Are those two Kali Kids near the top, as in right at? "So" more than others. :cool:

Rico - Sylmar(SoCal)
Anthon - Sacramento Area (NorCal)
Herm - Grass Valley (NorCal)
Doss - Santa Cruz (NorCal)
Dorius - San Diego (SoCal)
Cansler - Cotati (NorCal)
Baldwin - Santa Cruz (NorCal)

7 out of top 10 from the home state.. :D

slo
May 22 2005, 09:44 PM
...must be the 'local' routes, eh? I had no idea it was that dominant. :o

magilla
May 22 2005, 10:46 PM
Rico by 3 going into the last hole.....

Top O' the World, Baby...

Can you say <font color="green">GREEN JACKET </font> :D

quickdisc
May 22 2005, 10:58 PM

Great Job Steve Rico !!!!!!! :D

dezmon
May 22 2005, 11:00 PM
Nice Stevie.....poor Dave...... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

quickdisc
May 22 2005, 11:02 PM

Great Job Steve Rico !!!!!!! :D

Great Job Berl !!!!!!!!!

Winners !!!!!!! :D

topdog
May 22 2005, 11:04 PM
Congrats Steve and Josh

katieb
May 22 2005, 11:22 PM
Congratulations Berl - Santa Cruuuuuuzzzzz!

quickdisc
May 23 2005, 01:08 AM

<font color="green"> </font> GREEN JACKET :D

May 23 2005, 04:56 AM
Thats my BURL!!!!

tanner
May 23 2005, 10:21 AM
Who won the Hedrick Cup?

hapner
May 23 2005, 02:04 PM
It has been several years since I have posted at this forum.

<font color="red">Congratulations to, DeLaVeaga architect, Hall of Famer and the 2005 Masters Cup Sr. GrandMasters Champion, Tom Schot who was awarded the honor of being the second recipient of the coveted Headrick Cup...</font>

Congratulations also, to Uncle Steve Rico for reaching his goal of being the Open Pro Masters Cup Champion . Stevie was the Am Champion ten years ago.....congratulations to our local wonder, Burl, for winning the FPO division, and to Emory and Triemstra for their victories...congratulations to all competitors who survived the wonder and challenge of DayLa, in nearly ideal conditions.

My thanks to the DGA for their support as the main Sponsor, as well as to the other event sponsors, Tom Schot Sports; Dave LeVan of the Well-Within; Russell Jacobson, DeLaVeaga Club President and local Attorney; Rob Harding of Santa Cruz Disc; Danny Shermis of Shermis Construction; DJ's Mini-Mart; myself from discgolf.com; Innova and Discraft for their fundraising opportunities.

My ultimate appreciation to those who gave their time to help make the Masters Cup a true happening: my wonderful lifemate and partner, Jonna Hubling, for which we shared our 29th anniversary of the first time we met, yesterday...my brother Rob Hapner and Dave Thomas for being there the entire time and providing me the opportunity to play, because I could count on them. To the 'new' DeLaVeaga Disc Golf Club leaders and members who provided the manpower to make it work, including: Russell Jacobson, Ed Buskirk, CJ, John Steele, Jim Kroutch, Katie B, ChuckIt, Steve, Tim, and the others that their names elude me just now. Thanks also to Brad Deteau and Rob Hanson for allowing us to use their rental vehicle for shuttling purposes. My thanks also to Jack Lowe who served as our Marshall.....it was great to meet and get to know JLowe, hope your experience was likewise. Less I forget, my thanks also to Steve Ganz...your help and insight goes without saying. My thanks to all the competitors...hope you enjoyed your time...

It was also decided that from now on, we will honor the man who started it all, and the Masters Cup will now be referred to as the:
Ed Headrick Masters Cup....it has also been decided, that I will be going on a discgolf sabbatical, so I thank everyone involved in this sport/game who gives their time freely to continue it's progress; see you down the road...

I had a comment that the event was 'effortless'...or so it seemed, which is the ultimate form of gratitude that could be given...
For the full results and payouts check out: discgolftournaments.com (http://discgolftournaments.com/index.php?event_id=113856831&amp;call_name=print_event s)
If you are interested in securing the leftover fundraising discs, please, check out: 2005 Masters Cup Fundraising Discs (http://shop.discgolf.biz)

Thanks again and remember:
<font color="green">Live for purpose, not outcome....</font>

magilla
May 23 2005, 02:31 PM
Marty...Thanks for ALL you have EVER done...Most will never know how much you have done for our beloved sport. :D

Your long time efforts and commitment is truly unmatched :D

Congrats to Tom Schot...... :)

It killed me ALL weekend to not be in attendance :mad:

Congrats to Stevie...I watched him win Advanced in '93 (He was 13)as I was winning Am2 :D(My 1st PDGA event)

DeLa will always have a "special place" in my heart :cool:

michellewade
May 23 2005, 07:25 PM
I heard a HAPPY BIRTHDAY is in order for Marty!
And thanks for keeping us updated on the scores!! you ROCK!

CONGRATS to Burl and Stevie!! woo hoo!! :D;)

shortchic
May 24 2005, 01:34 AM
I wanted to give special thanks to Marty who not only conducted I finely ran tournament but made the time to play as well, after all, it was his birthday. Another huge THANK YOU to Tim and Courtney Messer who provided all of the players with Jamba Juice as we finished our rounds on a beautiful hot sunny (brutal for some) day at DeLaveaga! You guys rock! Til next year....happy golfing!

May 24 2005, 03:10 PM
Both legs of the event were virtually flawless.

It's hard to tell who had more fun, as everyone seemed to be having such a great time everywhere you looked both weekends. Lots of smiles, and good sportsmanship.

I think the only sad part is that it's over, and we'll have to wait another year to do it again. :( Thanks Jack for coming to help and for being my galllery on 27 ;) it was great to meet you.

The Open weekend was like a dream. Perfect weather, great golf, and a tournament run with so much care and dedication that it did seem "effortless".

Congrats to Stevie who charged on Sunday to win the Masters Back to back with the Faultline. I don't know that anyone has ever won both Majors at Dayla back to back?

Great Shooting to the NorCal boys who made it to the final 9, Josh Anton and The Nicest Guy in all of disc golf .... Jason Herm. Also to the Really NOR cal guy, David Feldburg. Thanks for making it a run David, I hope we see you again next year.

And to Burl. I know she's always wanted this one. She plays so well, and is always a pleasure to be around.

All of the women we're amazing. In many respects they played as well or better than the men on the Safari Final 9.

I had never seen Val Jenkins play, I'm glad she's not here for our $5 rounds ;) I'd be loosing more money : ) And Courtney, great game.

WOW Des Reading. What can you say about that Gal except Wow. She drives as well as anyone and has perfect form. I think her back foot is higher than the basket when she releases a putt? It was trully awsome to see her play.

Thanks to the Champ, Berry, Brad the Schwe, Yeti, Snapper, The Lissi and everyone who traveled to be here for this epic event. You make the masters what it is.

Congrtas to Tom Schot for being the second recipient of the Steady Ed memorial trophy, you've done so much for Delaveaga, Disc Golf, and Frisbee players every where. The first official disc event I ever went to was a Tom Schot production nearly 30 years ago at Harvey West park. Thanks Tommy, For more than words can say.

THANKS TO DGA & The HEADRICK Familly. It's an honor to have you with us.
Thanks to all of our sponsors!

Marty, it's not going to be the same without you :( I still remember finding your disc in the canyon off 9 way back when. You've been a freind and a mentor ever since. The 2k5 Masters was perfect! Thanks for taking such fine care of the club and all of us, and for setting a great example for the future of Delaveaga and the Masters to follow. Best of luck in all of your endevours. We'll leave the light on for you. :D

michellewade
May 24 2005, 05:00 PM
Congrats to Stevie who charged on Sunday to win the Masters Back to back with the Faultline. I don't know that anyone has ever won both Majors at Dayla back to back?

If you count the women, then there are several ;)

May 24 2005, 05:09 PM
Good point Michelle.

My bad. :o

May 24 2005, 06:34 PM
Pictures will be up later today of the open women and masters. I did not get to stay for the final nine as I had to drive 30 hours home! Sorry.
Congrats to all the winners.

michellewade
May 24 2005, 07:38 PM
Good point Michelle.

My bad. :o

Kewl.... you get to live :D:D:D

pterodactyl
May 25 2005, 11:43 AM
Just a few observations not yet posted:

+ I was rooting for Jason Herm (nicest guy in NorCal).
+ The Grands from SD were just too much for our guy, Hunt Hyde.
+ Steve Lonhart rejects cash, Matt Scott takes it (there's a team trim name for you Carolinans).
+ Chris Lane, I predict, will be the next hot NorCal player. Innova should pick him up immediately.
+ Aces: Neil Finnicum and Josh Anthon, hole 8. Kevin Couch, hole 12 short.
+ Jason Tyra seems to have damaged his ACL.
+ The Masters field was like a mini-western-worlds minus Oates who apparantly hurt his arm again. 5 out of top 9 were outtatowners.
+ Talked to fellow TWISTED FLYER Courtney Peavy.
+ Hung out a little with Climo and Myers after last round (what's wrong with this picture?).
+ Looking forward to next year!

May 27 2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks K Lee.

Good accurate points.

Jason Tyra, get well soon. You too Jim Oates :D

Hope to see you back soon.

magilla
May 27 2005, 05:31 PM
Jason Tyra, get well soon.

What happened to TYRA??

May 27 2005, 06:04 PM
Hey Gilla.

I don't know what started it, but he has a bad right? Knee. I saw him come hobbling down 27 on Sat, I think it was hurt before then? Maybe thurs? or Fri?

Anyway, the guy is a stud. Battling at Delaveaga with a bad knee is super brutal, and he played well all things considered. But he jarred it again there on the fringe. He finished the second round, but was unable to play Sunday.

Bummer. Great guy, great golfer, hope he's back soon.

May 27 2005, 06:14 PM
come to think of it?I think it's the left knee ? one of those knees :D

By the by, thanks for being our way cool coordiantor. I turst you'll do it again?
Let me know if i can help at all.

magilla
May 27 2005, 08:25 PM
come to think of it?I think it's the left knee ? one of those knees :D

By the by, thanks for being our way cool coordiantor. I turst you'll do it again?
Let me know if i can help at all.

:( That LICK's

He has a bad knee. He actually played awhile back with his entire leg in a cast..
Sorry to hear it. :(

pterodactyl
May 27 2005, 09:51 PM
I asked him if he had a good orthopaedic surgeon and he said he did. He was taking it like a man. I guess he stepped in a hole. His heal went into the hole and it caused a severe hyperextention :confused:. Ouch!!

shortchic
May 30 2005, 09:54 PM
Saw Mr. Tyra today. He had his left knee elevated and iced. He may or may not have surgery from what he told me. The doc said he has a partially torn ACL at the point where it is connected at the bone. Doc says, it may heal on its own, they will check it out in a few weeks. I feel for him, I have had both of my knees done and it is not fun at all. He hates not being able to get out. Hope he's well soon........that guy can throw some plastic!!!!!

pterodactyl
May 30 2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the update, Mrs. M. We're all rooting for Tyra to get back soon.

May 31 2005, 03:32 PM
Ahmen.

Great golfer, great guy.

We're thinkin of you J.