Feb 25 2005, 08:19 PM
What would you all say is the most satisfying kind of throw: drives, mid-range, or putts. I mean drives are great when you really knock one off, but putts are great when you sink the seemingly impossible ones. And mid-range shots are great when you park it right under the basket. Which do you all think is the most satisfying.

Feb 25 2005, 08:22 PM
Personally my favorite is a good par save. You can drive the disc a ton, but you will sometimes run into problems. The ability to get up and down from bad spots is what makes me happy. Good drives happen... saving the bad ones is what makes a scorecard.

rhett
Feb 25 2005, 08:25 PM
I agree. A well executed escape shot to save par is the best. Whether it is a pan shot through a tiny slit above your head that slides right under the pin, or a thumb roller intentionally 45� off line that gets out from under and then curls at just the right time, few shots are as satisfying as going from certain bogey+ to drop in par.

Feb 25 2005, 09:05 PM
Is the one that goes in the basket.

Feb 25 2005, 09:38 PM
a good midrange shot is in my opinion the best. If my mids are off, my whole games off, but when I'm on, it's the greatest feeling

Feb 25 2005, 11:05 PM
My midrange game under 325' is my speciality. Give me 3 DX Rocs and maybe a Z Buzzz and I feel that I can do anything with those discs. I feel way more comfrortable throwing these discs than any other kind of disc.

Feb 26 2005, 01:09 AM
I agree, a great approach is the most satisfying whether it is just standard up shot for a drop in putt, or something to save par from a certain bogey lie.

I think the approach game is the most overlooked on these discussion boards. Putting and driving are definately fundamentally great, but if you have a killer approach shot, you will never have to putt.

Feb 26 2005, 01:26 AM
That is true, but if you can putt well you can make a lot more up and downs because your approaches don't have to snuggle up to the pole.

justingill
Feb 26 2005, 01:38 AM
What would you all say is the most satisfying kind of throw: drives, mid-range, or putts... ...Which do you all think is the most satisfying.

The most SATISFYING!!!
Definately an ACE!!!
Secondly, parking a huge hole that's rarely parked!!
Then making a huge putt!

adogg187420
Feb 26 2005, 02:48 AM
Other than an ace, a sweeeeet approach shot that is parked. A 400 foot parked shot isnt anything until you make the putt.

Feb 26 2005, 03:15 AM
A 400 foot parked shot isnt anything until you make the putt.

Its at least bragging rights until you walk up and doink it off the basket. :D

vwkeepontruckin
Feb 26 2005, 05:05 AM
I really like the 2nd shots on true par 4 or par 5 type holes...they are just so crucial, and usually really good looking shots. I LOVE playing par 4s...puts everything on the upshot/2nd drive!!!!

Feb 26 2005, 11:43 AM
I would love to have any shot be consistant, not picky. If I could get any throw in my bag to be as predictable as my thumb drive, because it is not useful on every hole.

greenbeard
Feb 26 2005, 02:26 PM
considering my midrange game is crap, I love a park job on an approach.

Feb 26 2005, 03:06 PM
The throw that does exactly what you want it to do.

Those park jobs and good putts just don't feel as good when they get to the right destination but don't take the line you wanted them to take.

chris
Feb 26 2005, 05:20 PM
Hitting big putts is the most satisfying for me.

Feb 26 2005, 05:38 PM
I'll vote drives

In general, the best for me is a shot that was executed exactly as planned.

Feb 26 2005, 10:29 PM
Aces DUH!!!! then big putts :) ;) :D

ChunkyleeChong
Feb 27 2005, 01:32 PM
I say when I hit the tree right in front of me.It shows me how bad im not paying attention to my shot!

Feb 27 2005, 02:21 PM
Putting is the most important
Putting will save you more strokes than anything else! :D

Schaff
Feb 27 2005, 08:07 PM
Definetly a good midrange shot.

Luke Butch
Feb 27 2005, 09:00 PM
To me the best kind of throws are the tough ones you HAVE to make and you make them. Whether it's a big pressure putt, a great upshot after a crappy drive, or a great drive after you've had a really bad hole.

My favorite is when I make a great drive following a really bad hole. Maybe I just 3- putted for a circle 6. I get all angry, then go to my next tee and park a really tough hole. Those are the ones that stick in your memory for a while.

bschweberger
Feb 28 2005, 09:33 AM
The next shot I take.

esalazar
Feb 28 2005, 10:50 AM
the best throw would definately be any that make it in the basket!!

Feb 28 2005, 10:53 AM
I'll side with those who are going with the shots to save par. Coming out of the trees or snaking the disc through a row of obstacles to land near the basket gives a great sense of relief and satisfaction. Part of the pleasure comes from watching the shot do the seemingly impossible, while some of it comes from that feeling of doing something hard that you seemingly willed yourself to do. It's a great feeling. (And if you screw up and whack a tree full on, and the disc bounces back and lands near your feet, you get exquisitely angry for a brief second and then you just break out in laughter at yourself for doing something so stupid -- yet so entertaining.)

kikiorangecat
Mar 03 2005, 02:08 AM
The best shot, is the one that put you out in front on the rest of the field.

Archemike
Mar 03 2005, 12:31 PM
I would say the best is a mid-range ace. It feels good when you release a buzzz 320' and it goes in soooo straight!!! :cool:

Mar 07 2005, 01:03 AM
My best kind of throw would be a well placed Upshot..whether it be a a huge 2nd shot with a runup or just a standstill with a putter.
Although I love throwing my midrange discs becuase i throw them better than my putters and my drivers.. I like the upshot concept more than driving with a midrange.

My upshot game sucks so when i can get a 100-200 ft upshot withint 15ft I"m excited.

-"i suck" scott

Mar 14 2005, 03:45 AM
I'm gonna vote for the Loooong low roller. Finding a low route across and around OB, only to curl in just at the basket 500+ feet out of your hand! That's the most satisfying, partially because for me they can be some of the scariest shots. (not many to practice in MN in 2 feet of snow...)

Mar 14 2005, 11:10 AM
I hear that over hear in Michigan. I guess thats why I havent learned how to throw a good roller yet. Pete you are going to have to teach me.
The Real Scooter

Mar 14 2005, 11:19 AM
you guys have it all wrong, the best throw is the putt, you can drive 700 feet all day but if it takes you 4 putts to put it in, it doesnt really matter how far it travels. you guys all know that famous saying that us non long arms live by, dirve for show, putt for dough

Mar 14 2005, 11:27 AM
That is the most important but may not be the best!

Mar 14 2005, 02:39 PM
I hear that over hear in Michigan. I guess thats why I havent learned how to throw a good roller yet. Pete you are going to have to teach me.

Amen to that.

Mar 14 2005, 02:46 PM
On the other side of the coin, the worst type of throw I've had so far is when you birdie the first two holes you're on, then on the third hole your drive off the tee hits a tree and puts you in a position where you know you're eventually going to have to make a hard putt to save yourself for bogie.

70ft putts that go in just don't feel that good for me, because they're going in because of luck, not because of skill. If I could do them consistently like 50 percent of the time, then they'd probably feel good.

ANHYZER
Mar 15 2005, 04:15 AM
Putting from the tee is the best...but parking a 400+ drive (drop-in) is the next best thing :)

Mar 17 2005, 01:28 AM
Huge, nearly imposible par saves are the best shots. Once you get a few aces under your belt, they kinda lose their wow factor. I haven't even screamed at my last 10. But yesterday, I made a 80' anhyser through trees birdie and it was amazing. Much more satisfying than an ace.

Mar 17 2005, 02:33 AM
Huge, nearly imposible par saves are the best shots. Once you get a few aces under your belt, they kinda lose their wow factor. I haven't even screamed at my last 10. But yesterday, I made a 80' anhyser through trees birdie and it was amazing. Much more satisfying than an ace.

Sure, if you have more aces than you care for. The people like me who have never stuck an ace will catch up to your feelings eventually (maybe). :D

Mar 17 2005, 03:44 AM
I get a kick out of 45-50 foot jump putts. It's in the air just long enough for you to shout, "Get in!" And then it does. Happiness. :D

cbdiscpimp
Mar 17 2005, 10:33 AM
I like hyzer skips that hit the basket :D

I also like 70ft jump putts that you KNOW are going in so you can run after them and almost beat them to the basket :D

morgan
Mar 17 2005, 10:40 AM
My favorite throws are the ones where 2 or 3 people say "Holy [*****]" that's a good thing to hear.

Mar 18 2005, 04:14 AM
On the other side of the coin, the worst type of throw I've had so far is when you birdie the first two holes you're on, then on the third hole your drive off the tee hits a tree and puts you in a position where you know you're eventually going to have to make a hard putt to save yourself for bogie.

70ft putts that go in just don't feel that good for me, because they're going in because of luck, not because of skill. If I could do them consistently like 50 percent of the time, then they'd probably feel good.

how can you say a 70 footer is luck? 70 feet isnt all that far and if you have a decent put you should be able to make at least 50% of your 70 footers have nice runs at the basket

ANHYZER
Mar 18 2005, 04:55 AM

Once you get a few 80' birdies under your belt, they kinda lose their wow factor...I get way more birdies than aces, so I'll stick with putting from the tee /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mar 18 2005, 03:23 PM
how can you say a 70 footer is luck? 70 feet isnt all that far and if you have a decent put you should be able to make at least 50% of your 70 footers have nice runs at the basket

: ) Simple answers to that. 1) I don't have a decent putt. 2) Any shot that goes in on a different line than what you intended is luck.

If you make them, 70ft putts, consistently like even above 20 percent I guess you would say there is some skill involved. Like I said earlier, the best throws, for me, are the ones that do exactly what I want them to do and take the line I want them to take. Not a 200 ft downhill ace or 70ft putt where the disc goes in, but you couldn't repeat if you threw the same shot 20 more times. I had a 70 ft putt the other day that went in that felt good, cause the disc did exactly what I wanted it to do.