Feb 18 2005, 10:13 PM
Where does the rim of the disc line up along your index finger? Near the crease where the index finger meets the hand, in the crease that is opposite your first knuckle, or in some other place?

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/weather0/images/grip01.jpg
or
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/weather0/images/grip02.jpg

or something else?

circle_2
Feb 18 2005, 10:25 PM
No pics...sorry.

Make a fist...look at your index and middle finger 'fist' knuckles. Now pinch straight through to your palm and you'll find a slot b/tw your index and middle finger hand bones (meta-carpals) for the disc to rest in. Now power grip and you've got it. Blake's site has a good pic of this...if I lost ya!

Feb 18 2005, 10:27 PM
I don't know how much my opinion is worth but the disc hits my index finger at the first knuckle off of the palm, or 2nd down from the nail.

Feb 18 2005, 11:27 PM
: ( the pics don't work?

I ask the grip question because the line on blake's site going from middle of wrist downo to inbetween the index and middle finger for me makes it seem impossible to get my index finger around the rim. I was wondering if this was the case for anyone else. Blake's site has pics of how the fingers should line up and thumb should be place on the disc, but its really hard to see how the time is actually lining up in his hand. My pics are taken from the point of view where your thumb would be pointing at you.

Feb 19 2005, 01:18 AM
ya... they don't work for me anymore too...

kvo
Feb 19 2005, 10:55 AM
You can right click on the missing image and check the properties, Copy the url and paste it in the address bar. I did this and then was able to see the pics in the message as well. weird

Feb 20 2005, 12:34 AM
My grip looks like the 1st pic, except my thumb is facing in towards the center of the disc instead of along the rim. And there is no space between my index finger and the disc.

Feb 20 2005, 04:52 AM
Ya, I wasn't trying to get an exact example of my grip up. I just wanted to see where the disc was lining up for people. The first pick makes me feel like i have more control, but almost no grip strength. The second pick greatly reduces the feeling of the orientation of the disc, but i feel like my grip strength could be really really strong.