Luke Butch
Feb 10 2005, 02:01 PM
In my region there is a match play team event. There are AM spots as well as pro spots on each team. Could a Pro that is under 955 play AM in this format? Thanks.

ck34
Feb 10 2005, 02:04 PM
It's pretty much up to the TD, especially if it's unsanctioned. In my view, team formats would be better if they determined divisions based on ratings groupings anyway. No chance for stacking and getting ringers.

Znash
Feb 10 2005, 04:12 PM
If it's a sanctioned event, why not? By the rule if he's under 955 then he's an armature.

bruce_brakel
Feb 10 2005, 05:17 PM
If it's a sanctioned event, why not? By the rule if he's under 955 then he's an amateur.

Not at all. He'd be a pro playing in an am division.

If the team rule was, "Every team must have two pros and two ams," he'd count as one of the two pros. If the rule was, "Every team must have two open players and two advanced players," he could count as an advanced player. It depends upon the rule, or how the TD changes the rule now that he is thinking about it this way.

sandalbagger
Feb 11 2005, 01:06 PM
Can someone say Can-AM Cup. good luck beating Pittsburgh this year. I might even make it this year. PIttsburgh is not giving up the cup.

Luke Butch
Feb 11 2005, 10:16 PM
Team Rochester is already recruiting. We will probably have a better GM and a better master than KB and Tom. Unfortunately since they are looking to win I probably won't make the A team. That's why I asked about a pro under 955 playing in the AM spot.

sandalbagger
Feb 12 2005, 02:18 AM
KB is over 950...though we could always get Red Whittington to come and fill in for us this year.