Feb 07 2005, 01:36 AM
Do many people pinch the flgith plate between their thumb and middle finger? For those who do, is this the main point of pressure with which you use to throw the disc. Is that called pinch putting?

gnduke
Feb 07 2005, 01:10 PM
That's my pressure point.

Must be a bad choice based on my results. :cool:

Feb 07 2005, 01:20 PM
My preasure point is between my middle and index finger.
I concentrate on flicking w/ my middle finger though.

Feb 07 2005, 02:06 PM
I do a fan grip. the pinch is actually more bet thumb and pointer finger, but it is kind of close to being pinched bet all three (more pointer, though). The disc is actually resting on all of my fingers ready for them all to spring off the disc immediatly after i apply the (hopefully) appropriate amount of spin (not alot, but enough to give it wobble free flight) More spin will give less hysering at the end. Experiment, invent games! The spring is important as if any fingers drag on the disc on realease, youll shank a bit to the left. Dont u do alot of turbo puts, Jack?

Feb 07 2005, 06:49 PM
No not at all. I recently learned the turbo putt and its pretty cool, but I don't use it seriously. Where does the spring take place? In the wrist, elbow, fingers, weight shift, combinations of a couple? Putting is often very awkward for me, I just never feel like I am going through a motion that is going to give me the kind of throw I want. I like the putts where people kick up their back leg and putt on a low straight line into the basket.

Feb 07 2005, 07:52 PM
thats what i do, just when you miss ( for me its very often) you over shoot by 20 feet

its all in the push putt, same line jsut only goes 5 feet when i miss

Feb 10 2005, 05:30 PM
I personally don't "pinch" anything on my putt. My grip on a putter is about as soft as I can possibly have it and still keep the disc from falling out of my hand. I think too much pressure on a putter often results is too "handsy" of a putt which has a danger of (1) overstressing wrist/elbow ligaments, and (2) cracking under pressure.

Not that a pinch couldn't work for some people. A person can make any fool putting technique work if he puts his time in. For example, perhaps a pinch point with pressure could be used as a timing mechanism of some sort, or a technique to see that your hand/wrist is in proper position prior to release.