Feb 07 2005, 01:31 AM
I switched from the power grip to the fork grip and discovered what grip strength and The Rip really is. I could probably go back to the power grip and have a strong grip now, but if Climo uses fork, its good enough for me. So I'm driving my putters around 225ft with a pretty fluid whip motion with a reach back technique, and that 225ft is without any anny or flipping at all, basically straight shots and lengthened hyzers. Since I'm getting about 225 with a straight shot I figure I'll get them farther with a bit of a flip or anny release for a nice s curve. The thing is, I'm having a really hard time putting anny on my discs, where when I was first starting out, it was a breeze. So I'm just wondering the do's and don'ts for putting anny on discs so I don't learn any messy ways to get anny that I'll have to clean up later on. I know you're supposed to like lean back and arch your upper back, and there is something with the angle of approach with your x-step too, any other ways?

Since my putters don't flip at all and I'm only throwing them around 225 I'm guessing that my armspeed isn't very fast still and I might not have all the nose down I want. I think I just need to concentrate harder on the nose down. But for the armspeed I'm a little less confident in improvement. I think my balance is pretty good, but I'm not so sure about timing. I have been throwing pretty far with what seems to be a pretty nice and fluid x-step, but I'm wondering if I'm pulling the disc too early. Is there a way to tell? Should it seem like I'm putting less effort into a farther throw if I'm delaying the right amount? It seems if I try to hold back pulling the disc forward that the disc whips around naturally with no effort, but that really sets me off balance and my accuracy goes down the crapper. If I start my pull at a natural time I notice myself give a nice healthy grunt. Which indicates to me I'm putting more effort into the throw and I don't know if thats good or bad. I think the effort is coming from my back muscles and I dont' think I use my back muscles when I delay my pull. I am very geared towards learning a clean effortless throw that yields nice accuracy and distance, but I know I'm going to have to put more effort in to make the disc go as fast as possible? Should I look into giving a harder kick off with my legs first, because right now I'm just basically walking through my x-step, it isn't a skip like the pro's do.

Feb 07 2005, 06:52 PM
Blake helped me alot with my anny problem. I think I don't pay enough attention to the plan my forearm is on when I'm throwing, gonna dip my elbow to help create anny. Still would like some comments for armspeed though : )

spartan
Feb 07 2005, 08:37 PM
http://www.speed-fitness.com/images/armbak.gif

similar to my avatar.

seewhere
Feb 07 2005, 09:07 PM
there you have Tom P and Martin on their day off :D

justingill
Feb 07 2005, 09:50 PM
that looks like it would hurt the calves.