cbdiscpimp
Jan 28 2005, 03:23 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else out there has a FAVORITE shot that they threw during a round or a tournament................

Ill start

I was playing hole 13 at the Brent Hambrick course. I threw my drive and was at the bottom of the 70-100 ft cliff on the right side of the fairway. I climb all the way down and finally find my disc. The only shot i had was to throw slightly backwards (mind you im pretty much throwing straight up in the air to get our of this ravine. I bust out my brand new D BUZZZ and just rip it threw the only hole i had (about a 15 by 15 window 70-80ft above my head) and it turns over perfectly and i end up with a 20 footer for 3. I cash the 20 footer and walk away with the best par of my entire life. :D

Now it your turn............

klemrock
Jan 28 2005, 03:25 PM
I sank a 5-foot putt once. :p

Jan 28 2005, 03:29 PM
i was playing hole 2 at (gettobrook) greenville NC 400 ft hole i messed up my drive (bad). came back and hit a 250+ ft fairway ace.

MTL21676
Jan 28 2005, 03:30 PM
Without a doubt - my drive in the playoff at Sneeky Pete supertour this past year.

I had never won a PDGA tournament in adv. and this time and had a chance to do so.

Adam Vanderslice was up first on hole 1 at Cedarrock (short tee to long pin). Its about a 350 foot pure hyzer - def. a shot that we can all throw, but we all mess up from time to time.

Adam walks up and PARKS it. Like 15 feet. I step up, with a gallery of about 100 ppl including 2 former world champs and put it inside of him. It was an amazing feeling.

Then he walks up and missed the putt, so I tapped in for my first sanctioned win. Awesome moment in my career. Since then, I have won 4 PDGA's. I just needed that one win to get me going and honestly do not think I would be the same golfer without throwing that shot.

circle_2
Jan 28 2005, 03:43 PM
#1 long at Rosedale in KCK - pin DEEP in the woods. My drive goes right into the schule right & short of the short pin. My best case scenario would be a 5 or worse at this point...throw out, likely approach twice, then a putt. :mad: :eek:

I have one window to throw out of and my beat to he11 Roc does its thing - hit the window perfectly, then turning over and gliding through all the trees and I park a highly improbable 200'+ upshot for a very rare drop-in 3 on the hole... :cool: Tis a tough '3' even with a good drive and a good upshot! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jake L
Jan 28 2005, 03:43 PM
Tizzle, that shot was fun to watch.

Jan 28 2005, 03:46 PM
I was playing doubles w/ Shayne Eggland as my partner last winter at Dela. Shane threw a roller on 16 (goal posts) that got to within about 110-120' of the basket, and into a casual pond 2-3 across and a foot or so deep.

Plus the last Pine, (which has now fallen) had a large branch blocking the route so that there was a a 4 foot ceiling on the shot. We took the mark at the back side of the pond, and as I looked at it, I realized the only way to make it was to lay out the putt Stevie Rico style. of course that was going to put you right into the drink face first on the follow thorugh. So I said, "go ahead Shayne, lay one out, and don't worry about the water" And we laughed. Then he said' Why don't you go first?" :o

SO I set with my knee on the back edge of the pond/puddle whatever and tried to think only of the target, and folowing through the shot. Nothing at all after the release, including water. I t was just another putt.

I laid it out, and watched the disc dive over the center front rim of the basket as i went into the water with a splash.

I got hand out in front of me as i went down and was in and out of the water pretty quick.

It was one hell of a rush.

It's those times that get your heart pounding. They are the shots that keep you coming back.

:D

Jan 28 2005, 03:50 PM
Awesome moment in my career. Since then, I have won 4 PDGA's. I just needed that one win to get me going and honestly do not think I would be the same golfer without throwing that shot.

Great storry Tizzle. I have heard a few people say similar things to that. The first win / cash type thing and the confidence they got from it.

Still looking for mine in Open :D

ck34
Jan 28 2005, 03:56 PM
1990, my second year of playing, having just moved up from Int Am to Master Pro (peer pressure). Getting my butt kicked all season. First official event at my home course. Last hole, I hyzer drive out to the left. The first round leader had choked and I'm tied for first with another guy. He's 60 ft out straight on the basket. While he's digging around in his bag, I throw a knife hyzer 100' that crashes thru the trees and in for a 2. The other guy didn't see it but hears the exclamations and realizes he has to go for it. He doen't make it and I finally win my first official event as a Master Pro on the first course I designed and get to be the first name on the traveling trophy for Masters.

Second best would be getting the first ace at 1994 Pro Worlds out of only 6 total that year. We split $2000 six ways.

moolie
Jan 28 2005, 04:09 PM
Mad City Open in 02 I am playing @ Hiestantd on the hole by where the old miltary radio hut was. I throw a 200 foot shot OB into nast shule along the hiden fence. Only possible second shot was throwing out to the fairway. Fourth shot was a fairway ace from about 180 out. Happiest circle four I have ever taken.

chris
Jan 28 2005, 04:10 PM
I think mine would have to be my approach shot on hole 18 of the Original Course at Hudson Mills during DGLO. I threw my drive straight into the first tree of a 450' hole and kicked left, everyone else in the group had great drives ( Mike Randolph actually birdied the hole his was so good ) I was stuck way back in the woods with pretty much no shot to the basket. I remember my caddy ( Keith Warren) saying don't be dumb and just lay out to the middle and take a 4. Me, being dumb, decided that If I just knelt on my knees, leaned all the way over and threw a huge falling turnover forehand shot through this little gap in the branches about a foot wide, my shot might actually get out of the woods and close to the basket. So I tried it and to everyone's suprise ( mostly mine ) the forehand turned over and panned out prefectly, landed 35' away from the basket! However it did land behind a bush and I had no putt at the basket, but I couldn't believe I actually got pin high from that position! Then I decided to stretch out and do a back hand putt around the bush and some how hit the putt to save my 3! Mean while, Cam Todd had a great drive, went for the birdie putt, missed, and missed the 25' comeback putt taking a 4. We ended up tieing for 1st which means that par save was probably the biggest of my career :D

rhett
Jan 28 2005, 04:11 PM
2005 U.S. Masters. I had a nice lead going in to Sunday, but was slowly giving up strokes as the round progressed. On hole 14, I am about 35 feet straight down from the pin. It's on a steep steep angle so it plays like 45 feet. 2nd place is about 25 feet due East, pin high, and we are both laying three. My first thought is to layup, concede the stroke, and be up like 3 strokes with 4 holes to play. Or something close to that. A miss that doinks and rolls could cost me 2 or 3 strokes.

But I have been giving up a lot of strokes the whole round and he is building some momentum as head home. So I tell myself, "Self, if you are ever going to win a PDGA Major, you need to make a shot like this." So I decide I have to make the shot. Normally under those kinds of circumstances my mind will be thinking about all the bad things that can happen while I line up my shot, but somehow all I see is the link I am aiming at. I dig my toes into the hill for straddle-putt, and lob it right up over basket and in. The disappointment of the necessary stroke being lost gets to him, and he doinks and rolls down the hill. (It's a long way down.) I pick up two strokes and it's game over. A relaxing 4 holes later I have my first ever win in a Major.

atxdiscgolfer
Jan 28 2005, 04:12 PM
I was playing at Pecan Park in Nacogdoches TX and hit a 230 ft fairway ace while my girlfriends ex was watching from across the park, I know he hated that. She was with me at the time to make him just a lil more angry.

veganray
Jan 28 2005, 04:20 PM
At Carl's Open at Pratt Park (Fri. before VA States) in 2003, I ended up tied for my 1st ever tournament win. It was getting dark, so the other guy (whose name I forget) & I decided to do a CTP on #9 for the trophy. He steps up & parks it, I mean <5 feet. I figured what the hell and, instead of my usual big, lazy hyzer around the shule to get into putting range, I burned one straight through the branches & CHING! I almost pooped in my pants.

Still remember the way that throw felt to this day, and have the custard cone on the wall in my office to remind me. :D

Jan 28 2005, 04:24 PM
Following a 430ft b-line drive on our signature 700ft hole. I was faced with a tough upshot. The remainder was straight for 130ft, then took a 120degree turn to the left, through thick shule leaving only a 40ft wide fairway for the remaining 140ft.

I took out my beat up Z-buzzz (turnover master), and threw it with a strong high hyzer. Just at the perfect moment it flipped up and headed straight down the fairway for what looked like where the pin was. I could not see the pin, but knew it would be good. Everyone was silent when we heard the "thump" of the wooden base of the pole hole. When we walked into view of the pin, there it was, 2 feet away from the basket, giving me a drop in 3. It was the only 3 on that hole of the advanced or lower divisions, and my second 3 on that hole in my life. I may have missed 15 ten foot putts that tournament, but getting a three on that hole made it all worth it.

Jan 28 2005, 05:06 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else out there has a FAVORITE shot that they threw during a round or a tournament................

Ill start

I was playing hole 13 at the Brent Hambrick course. I threw my drive and was at the bottom of the 70-100 ft cliff on the right side of the fairway. I climb all the way down and finally find my disc. The only shot i had was to throw slightly backwards (mind you im pretty much throwing straight up in the air to get our of this ravine. I bust out my brand new D BUZZZ and just rip it threw the only hole i had (about a 15 by 15 window 70-80ft above my head) and it turns over perfectly and i end up with a 20 footer for 3. I cash the 20 footer and walk away with the best par of my entire life. :D

Now it your turn............

I've landed in that same ravine before...slippery when wet definitely applies to it, I wish I had the same fortune as you. I ended up with a 5. My favorite shot wasn't long (about 15 feet) almost straight up out of a drainage ditch...I had to throw it up and just hope for it to drop at really weird angle, most unique putt I've ever made..it was cold that day too :D

cbdiscpimp
Jan 28 2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah man that ravine is BRUTAL. I threw my Z Pred on my drive from the longs and i guess it just NEVER hyzered out. Best par save of my life. I like that shot more then my aces i think :eek:

jdubs63
Jan 28 2005, 05:25 PM
My two older brothers, our dad, and a bunch of our friends always play a summer tourney at my dad's 4 acre back yard. After the first 2 rounds, the top 4 play for the championship. Of course, the final 4 were myself, my two older brothers and our dad. It was a tight round and me and my brothers were all tied. it came down to the last hole. The last hole is about 400ft straight out with a gazebo right in the middle of the flight path. The adrenaline must've kicked in me, b/c I parked it right next to the basket and made the first duece ever on that hole for the win. Nothing is better than beating your older brothers, especially like that.

Jroc
Jan 28 2005, 06:21 PM
We have a 590' Par 3 at my home course(probably should be a 4, but no matter) and it was maybe a year after I started playing. My 2nd shot got about 150' away from the basket, I took out a Roc I had found and hyzered it in for my first 3 on a difficult hole to 3 on. :D

A shot that ranks right up there came just a few weeks ago at a mini. I was throwing a CTP for a bag-tag on a 386' hole. I have been practicing my technique to get my distance consistantly farther, so it was very gratifying when I 'S' curved my sidwinder through some trees 15' past the pin. It gave me the tag, and it would have given me a birdie in stroke play, which I have yet to get on that hole....but, making that throw when I really needed it was a nice reward for all of my praticing :D :D

greenbeard
Jan 28 2005, 08:12 PM
Playing doubles at the Z, with my man PJ as my pardner. We got into some shule about thirty feet left of #10's basket. I putted first, trying to get a decent upshot so pj could make a blind run. The basket was not visible at all, so I had to look at it, find the marker, examine the small window of tree branches to throw through, and let a uuber annie fly with my Rhyno... directly in the basket, completely blind. A 100 percent guess shot.

That or my first ace, but that was fairly pedestrian, being a straight short roc shot on Z's #18

Jan 28 2005, 11:37 PM
Last round of the the first year of Texas 10, out at Moody's in Red Rock. My first tournament, not even a mini before. I had a part of a three way tie for the lead in the intermediate division, one hole to go.

The hole is #9 (425ft), and the basket is right in front of the proshop, the (mini) grandstand, and is basicly being watched by 100 or so people. We were the last group out.

We all had decent tee shots of 300-325ft and good open lies, but I was 'in' with 100ft left and the last to upshot. One guy parked the upshot, and the other guy had set it within 30'. I pulled out my beat to hell 8x KC Roc, took a deep breath, figured a slight hyzer line that would have a chance but stay close,and let it fly.

Center chains, bottom of basket!

I spilled my bag all over the fairway as I took off running to pull that wonderfull winner out of the basket!

The guy with 30' left two putted for third, and the park job dropped it in for second.

The next round I played with that Roc, I perforated it on a tree branch, unusable for tourney play. I got a replacement of sorts, but I'll never throw it....
http://www.centxdglove.com/winner.jpg

Jan 29 2005, 01:52 AM
My first tournament ace on sunday morning at the 2003 Friz. I couldn't see the basket but there were several people that were downhill that could saw it stick. i made 100 bucks for that one. :D

Jan 29 2005, 07:27 AM
I may have to change because today was big ... still in shock. In doubles at Deal, I Aced hole twelve, then hit a 120 foot skip birdie on the dreaded 13 (I-5). I join the handful of people to hit that one. Tony Tran threw the drive, it was a good one, but no gimmie. Of course on the next hole. I put my drive in a tree. My partner, actually lands worse. Marty's drive hits my disc up in the tee OB and knocks me down for a putt :D The putt elevators top to bottom drops out :o good day of golf though.

There's more fun. These guys have been tearing up our fairways on 24 & 16 with large 4-wheelers in the rain worse than ever the last few weeks. 16 is 4-10 inches of soft mud and pits from lake maples to the goal posts, and the entire breadth of the fairway. Roller killer, plus it's almost imposible to walk through it. Talk about casual mud.... Almost unplayable, uh desireable :D
So we came back out late tonight. 5 Guys a couple cell phones, digital cameras and walkie talkies, and we litterally trapped 4 vehicles on the course and waited for the cops to arrive. :o
The drivers all got tickets, and will get healthy fines.
The shot of them all sitting in front of the cop car could be the best shot of the day :D That should keep them off the course so we can resore the damage.

Jan 29 2005, 02:29 PM
nice. LMAO too. :D

Jan 29 2005, 11:57 PM
The shot of them all sitting in front of the cop car could be the best shot of the day :D That should keep them off the course so we can resore the damage.

Please post.

Jan 30 2005, 12:40 AM
Can anyone guess mine????????

ck34
Jan 30 2005, 01:14 AM
Perhaps a 3 on the Monster? But no, it couldn't be because that would be an eagle, not a par.

Jan 30 2005, 01:47 AM
Perhaps a 3 on the Monster? But no, it couldn't be because that would be an eagle, not a par.

One would think so by the signs saying par 5, but we play it as a par 3 even though no One else has ever par'd it. My favorite shot or most amazing shots was that at 2001 mystic mills. Starting on blacks in the morning we get to hole 14 at hudson mills and it's time for me to throw.... First shot is good, about 400ish, followed by another 400ish good shot, then a 200ish putt wide open to sink for a 3. Or in michigan what we call par no matter if 100ft or a mile. This was done by a KC Gazelle and a JK Aviar.

ck34
Jan 30 2005, 02:24 AM
I think most players aren't especially proud about parring a hole let alone hyping it (except great saves like you've read about on this thread). But getting an eagle is pretty special since usually that means it's also an ace on most holes. However, the Monster at a 1000 feet is a legit par 5. With my arm, I might be framing my scorecard if I got a 4 on that hole and wouldn't go around with a T-shirt that said, "BogiedTheMonster".

Your 3 was awesome either way but more and more holes are not par 3 any more.

Jan 30 2005, 03:03 AM
I think I have only played one true par 4 hole in my short 1 year golf career. Hole #8 at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville AL. 800ft S-curve. 75ft wide fairway the whole length with shule and a ditch on the left and a pine forest on the right.

But I will experience many more par 4's and 5's when I head to San Saba in April. After playing the mind game complexities of T. Monroe courses, I am anxious to play one of John Houck's courses.

dannyreeves
Jan 30 2005, 04:38 AM
I don't know if this was my favorite but it was pretty good.

I was at the Texas 10 Final in Lewisville, TX last year. I was playing with Vinnie, McCoy and the Giggler. We got to hole 6 at the Lake. It is about 400ish' with a semi tight gap to get through off the box and the bucket is slightly elevated on some railroad ties. I throw and hit the left side of the left tree on the gap. My disc goes about 80 left and lands 40 ft. from 9's bucket. VERY BAD SHOT. I had 2 options, bust a Teebird through a very small gap to go straight at the bucket or there is a HUGE hyzer shot. I think you can guess what I picked. :D The trees are really tall so it took everything I had to go over the top. I cleared the treeline by 6 inches and put my Predator about 4' from the basket. It was at least a 375' shot took 500' of power to get there on the line it took.

I can't throw a 500' airshot. I don't know how I did it. LOL!

I think Kevin birdied it but my par was way better. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

matthewblakely
Jan 30 2005, 06:30 PM
This isn't my favorite but it is weird. Yesterday I am playing in the MT. Airy Ice Bowl and I steped up to hole 13. It is a short down hill hole with danger long and to the right. I step up threw a perfect soft hyzer and bang it stuck, Hole in one. Whats weird is It stuck when you could barely get a putt to stick, and only if the putt was dead center due to ice on the chains. Not that spectactular overall.

2nd round of ice bowl step up 13's pad again, and fellow player says guess your losing a stroke on this one. I threw the exact same shot again and it stuck, It was unbelieveable. Now that makes it special but that is not it. It netted me $14.00 for the two aces due to only 15 people being there. Almost done , just stay with me.

Me and two others go out today which is the next day and when I step up to 13, I throw a more direct shot and what do you know the 3rd ace with the same disc in the 3rd consective round. It's unbeliveable but its true. Just for kicks I had to play another round and missed it.

esalazar
Jan 30 2005, 06:42 PM
3 in a row on the same hole!! that is absolutely sick!!!WOW!!!

bschweberger
Jan 30 2005, 06:58 PM
This isn't my favorite but it is weird. Yesterday I am playing in the MT. Airy Ice Bowl and I steped up to hole 13. It is a short down hill hole with danger long and to the right. I step up threw a perfect soft hyzer and bang it stuck, Hole in one. Whats weird is It stuck when you could barely get a putt to stick, and only if the putt was dead center due to ice on the chains. Not that spectactular overall.

2nd round of ice bowl step up 13's pad again, and fellow player says guess your losing a stroke on this one. I threw the exact same shot again and it stuck, It was unbelieveable. Now that makes it special but that is not it. It netted me $14.00 for the two aces due to only 15 people being there. Almost done , just stay with me.

Me and two others go out today which is the next day and when I step up to 13, I throw a more direct shot and what do you know the 3rd ace with the same disc in the 3rd consective round. It's unbeliveable but its true. Just for kicks I had to play another round and missed it.

How short is the hole?

matthewblakely
Jan 30 2005, 07:06 PM
238 ft downhill, plays like 190 I would say, the elevation and road play a big part normally along with the wind which wasn't seen either of the last two days.

bschweberger
Jan 30 2005, 07:08 PM
Sweet, had you ever aced that hole b4 the 3 in a row.

matthewblakely
Jan 30 2005, 07:09 PM
Back when I was AM2, it was a line drive that would have skipped off the road and went about 150 long.

bschweberger
Jan 30 2005, 07:11 PM
Dam rookies.

esalazar
Jan 30 2005, 07:20 PM
Dam rookies.

yeah but 3 in a row!!! absolutely crazY!!

rizbee
Jan 31 2005, 01:48 AM
Late Spring of 1983, at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, the last tournament of the season to earn points to qualify for the '83 Worlds. #11 was a temporary hole, about 240 ft, wide open, with the basket on top of a 5 ft. high berm. I threw a 180 gram 100 mold Midnight Flyer with slight hyzer and it floated right into the sweet spot of the basket.

The best part of this was that Steady Ed was running a promotion where anyone who made a ace in a PDGA tournament received a free polehole. The big box from DGA arrived the day before I left for Huntsville for the '83 Worlds - the best thing I ever received from the big brown truck.

That basket was used as a temporary target at tournaments all over Florida until I moved out to Califonia in 1990. Now it's planted in my backyard. :D

Jan 31 2005, 02:05 AM
Late Spring of 1983, at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, the last tournament of the season to earn points to qualify for the '83 Worlds. #11 was a temporary hole, about 240 ft, wide open, with the basket on top of a 5 ft. high berm. I threw a 180 gram 100 mold Midnight Flyer with slight hyzer and it floated right into the sweet spot of the basket.

The best part of this was that Steady Ed was running a promotion where anyone who made a ace in a PDGA tournament received a free polehole. The big box from DGA arrived the day before I left for Huntsville for the '83 Worlds - the best thing I ever received from the big brown truck.

That basket was used as a temporary target at tournaments all over Florida until I moved out to Califonia in 1990. Now it's planted in my backyard. :D

I am not sure if it was the '83 or '93 worlds in Huntsville, but were you there when Tom Monroe won the championship with an ace on hole 18 at the Arsenal? He said it hit the trees right about the basket and bounced down the limbs to land in perfectly. That would have been pretty sweet to witness that.

"Aces are our favorite mistakes. If the shot were to have missed it would have been about 30ft too long." Dean Tannock - Team Innova

rizbee
Jan 31 2005, 03:02 AM
I am not sure if it was the '83 or '93 worlds in Huntsville, but were you there when Tom Monroe won the championship with an ace on hole 18 at the Arsenal? He said it hit the trees right about the basket and bounced down the limbs to land in perfectly. That would have been pretty sweet to witness that.

"Aces are our favorite mistakes. If the shot were to have missed it would have been about 30ft too long." Dean Tannock - Team Innova

At the '83 Worlds I remember Tom getting an ace at Redstone that hit WAY high in the trees and caromed its way down into the basket. Somebody nearby commented that it was a lucky shot - Tom shot back was that it took a lot of skill to throw the disc where the lucky bounce was possible. I don't remember it being hole 18, and I think the finals that year were played on a temporary course on the UAH campus. But that was a long time and many brain cells ago.

Tom spins some great tales - I road-tripped with him to the next two World's in Rochester and Tulsa - quite an experience! If you see Belvedere, tell him that Riz says hello.

Jan 31 2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah playing rounds with Tom, you get to witness what I call his "world champion luck". I do not think it is possible for him to have a bad skip or deflection, it is almost like he plans on hitting the trees or rocks. I did make the mistake of rubbing it in his face that I was ahead of him by 1 stroke after 6 holes one time. All he said was "ok" and went on to birdie 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15. Needless to say that was the last time I talked smack to Tom.

jmonny
Jan 31 2005, 10:14 AM
Big Valley Challenge '04, first round, hole #13. I made about a 80 foot flick-heave anyhzer around a tree to save par. That shot started a streak of 4 out of 5 holes where I made putts outside of 50 feet. 2 were for par but it gave me a shot of confidence that I held thru the rest of the event and I placed in my first Raleigh event in AM1.

md21954
Jan 31 2005, 10:47 AM
the first hole of my first tourney, patapsco ice bowl '03. hole three from the short tee to the short position (about 200' downhill, mando on left).

i yanked my drive right (what else is new?) and it almost went OB by the parking lot, just as far away from the pin as the tee. my group was snickering, thinking i wasn't going to be any competition. i flicked my next shot down the hill, it skipped and hit the pin. i hit two footer for par, went on to win my division.

Jan 31 2005, 11:08 AM
My favorite shot of my career would have to be my second shot on hole #17 on the Toboggan during the 2004 USADGC during the playoff for first. I put it inside the bottom ring of the basket and forced Pat Blake to make a long putt to tie to go to the final hole of the playoff. He didnt make it and i won and got the experience of a lifetime USDGC. :D

Feb 01 2005, 01:01 AM
at the Can am Finals this year. first round saturday morning. winds blowin like crazy pouring rain. i throw a roller on #2 at v.a.barrie. and roll it about 100 feet beside the pin and about 30 feet past. I pick up my 177 gram Z wasp, wind howling at my side a right to left wind, and i just toss my wasp on a hyzer towards the tree, that sits about 15 feet from the pin and it curves just before the tree and nails the chains, for a huge deuce. to bad the rest of the round didnt go like that.

Feb 02 2005, 11:54 PM
Great stories, great thread.
Mine was in one of the Worlds in the early-mid 90's.

On that course I was driving great, but I had no idea how to putt. Regardless, I had to putt anyway. Despite not knowing what I was doing, I was making putt after makeable putt, each putt getting harder and harder due to being waaaay too jacked up. Finally I think about the 2nd to last hole of a great round, I had maybe a 20-footer to make, which I thought I absolutely had to make. I was soooo tense it felt like I was putting a bowling ball while crapping donkeys. The putter left my hand, fluttered all over the place and fell over the cage like a drunken sailor. I was sooo happy to make that putt; I put soo much mental and emotional energy into those last few makeable putts. I feel I really stole one from the course.

Then walking back to TD central (my hole was about a MILE from TD central, I'm not kidding). On the way I meet a fellow NW golfer and I'm so excited about my great round, and we talk and he says "hey there's a restaurant, let's go eat." Sure, why not.

So I'm done eating and I go to my wallet to pay and THERE'S MY SCORECARD IN MY POCKET! So the course got me in the end after all. There's a moral in there somewhere about trying too hard.

ck34
Feb 03 2005, 12:03 AM
So, your favorite 'shot' was the one you had at the bar after getting the penalty? :eek: