JohnKnudson
Jan 24 2005, 01:51 PM
...when the sad fact is, your playing rating is in the low 900's? Apparently, you should concern yourself with other things because throwing 500 feet doesn't appear to be helping you any.

This is a topic that my friend and I have been discussing. Could anyone shed some light on this topic for us? We will appreciate any and all responses!

tbender
Jan 24 2005, 01:54 PM
...because it's the only thing they can do. :o

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 01:58 PM
Ive only been playing tournaments for a year so i could say being able to throw 500 ft is a pretty good thing. Also i dont care about distance. I dont practice it or work on it at all. I know that my midrange and putting is lackin so thats what i have been working on. Well see if i can get that rating out of the low 900s for you guys :D

james_mccaine
Jan 24 2005, 02:05 PM
I think you are delving deep into the male psyche. Good luck. :p

I sure the correct answer is that the neanderthals with the best d got all the chicks. :D

20460chase
Jan 24 2005, 02:19 PM
I dont care about distance at all.Mine is average is you base upon message board D. I putt and approach, and try not to worry about who throws long.If they cant putt,I will beat them on any level.It doesnt matter if you throw 500ft on a 700ft hole.If you cant get within 20ft and have a decent putt then why try and do it?

MDR_3000
Jan 24 2005, 02:26 PM
because throwing far is fun, that's why

20460chase
Jan 24 2005, 02:30 PM
Putting is fun.Oh, wait sorry Mike.....I forgot about your putting disablity.

Jan 24 2005, 04:18 PM
If you're a big arm from the getgo, you don't care about distance, you take it for granted, other than the fact that throwing far is cool.

As a rather accurate weenie arm, I realize that I if was able to throw an extra 50 feet on my drives, I could save about 4? strokes a round. So in that regard I care about distance.

the_kid
Jan 24 2005, 04:32 PM
If you can throw far you can win $$$$$. By the way did I mention getting the ladies? :D:D

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 04:34 PM
Your right. Girls do like guys who can throw far :D

the_kid
Jan 24 2005, 04:37 PM
So true so true. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tbender
Jan 24 2005, 04:38 PM
If you can throw far you can win $$$$$. By the way did I mention getting the ladies? :D:D

Is that why Robbie had a gallery? :)

Rodney Gilmore
Jan 24 2005, 04:43 PM
Maybe the most important question isn't why we care about distance but maybe why do you guys care that we care about distance. We scare you on the long holes even tho we won't make the putt don't we? It's ok. You can tell me. I won't laugh. I'll even help you learn to throw farther if I can. You guys just need to teach me to putt.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 04:54 PM
Having a big arm is great too because youll step up to alot of holes and guys will say "Hey, what do you throw here???" If the hole is 350 or less then i say " I think ill either throw my Wasp or my BUZZZ here and they give you the ( are you freakin serious look ) then they all throw drivers and you throw your mid. Or you drive on a 350 ft hole and park it. Then the guys in your group say. "**** what did you throw there???" Then you say "Oh i just threw my midrange" :D

Being able to throw far really helps on holes over 600 ft because I throw a drive then im making an upshot with a putter where some guys have to throw 2 full drives which in my opinion isnt as accurate as a drive and a putter upshot.

The only think i am working on this year is my upshot and putts. Oh and of course my mental game because if I can get that right i might be able to save myself 3 strokes a round :D

atreau3
Jan 24 2005, 05:03 PM
I used to be very concerned with distance. This year I feel that with a controlled drive of 350, my mid game is good enough to park my 2nd shot on a 600 ft hole. A three shouldn't be too tough as long as I'm within 30' on my upshot. If i'm outside 30, it'll probably be a 4.

Last year I was so concerned with throwing for big D that I would monkey paw or worm burn the disc and have to scramble for a save. My mid game improved, but I made a promise to myself that i consistently par as opposed to boggie this year. I find that when i get into a par rhythm, the birds start to come.

Like many other ams, my biggest obstacle this year will be putting, esp outside the circle.

JohnKnudson
Jan 24 2005, 05:36 PM
Maybe the most important question isn't why we care about distance but maybe why do you guys care that we care about distance. We scare you on the long holes even tho we won't make the putt don't we? It's ok. You can tell me. I won't laugh. I'll even help you learn to throw farther if I can. You guys just need to teach me to putt.

This is the early leader for funniest post of the thread!

Steve, I don't understand why you think that throwing a midrange disc on a 350-foot hole is a remarkable feat. Obviously not every Open player can do it, and not every Open player who can do it will cash, but it does seem to be a fairly standard occurrence.

To answer Rodney's question, I just think that it is tiresome to read the wild exaggerations of people who can't throw as far as they claim.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 05:38 PM
Are you saying i cant throw as far as I say I can??? :eek:

Jan 24 2005, 05:40 PM
I am in the same situation as Pimp. I have only been playing for a year, yet I have better then average distance. I won't post cause no one believes me, but when I play with a group of people and am sitting at a hole that is 300-350ft range, everyone else has a driver, but I take out a midrange.

Plus if you have ever had the experience of competeting in a distance competition, you would know the awe inspiring cheers from the gallery as you launch discs insane distances. Its a great feeling as people give you "high-fives" and ask how you can do it. I just shrug my shoulders and say I just "throw frisbee hard". I honestly do not know where I get great distance.

With that said, my approach game is near imaculate. I can get myself out of most trouble. However within that 30 foot circle called putting, is where I have trouble. That is why I call myself Parkntwoputt.

Distance will help you on only about 5% of the holes you play.
Putting will help you on 99.99999999% of the holes that you play (with the execption of the rare ace).

Accuracy is everything, thats why it is called golf right?

Jan 24 2005, 05:41 PM
I'll admit it, I do care about distance. My reason is that I can only throw around 370'. I know that if I am ever going to be a competitive pro 3,4,5 years down the road, I will have to increase my distance to a respectible distance...say 430-450+. I know the only way I will achieve this is through a technique change and LOTS of practice.

Right now I do have things about my game that I like...such as my accurate mid-range game. I feel that I can do anything I want, whenever I want with my Rocs.

IMO though, becoming a great putter will make you a way better player than someone who can throw over 500' who just is an avg putter. Take a look at the best players in the world...Climo,Schultz, Todd...They are all unbelievable putters. There are lots of guys who can throw as far as them, but not many who can putt like them.

I focus on improving my putting more than I do on overall distance. Putting is actually the weakest part of my game, although I have come along way within the last year. My driving, although not long is pretty accurate and the best part of my game.

Jan 24 2005, 05:41 PM
I care about distance because that is what attracted me to the game. Making the disc fly was cool. Making it fly far was just awesome. I guess it taps into the primitive nature of just wanting to be able to fly. Making something soar through the air just taps into this old need that us humans have developed since the Wright brothers. Now imagine making something fly further than anyone else. This is where you get the feeling of euphoria that YOU just made this disc glide super far and if your really good, zeroed in on your target. I know I feel like I am flying a missle with pre-programed coordinates to the site of impact (the goal). :D

Hope this enlightens those that think outside the box.

JohnKnudson
Jan 24 2005, 06:01 PM
Are you saying i cant throw as far as I say I can???

Of course not! You are the one who had the "I can throw 550+" thread, right? And you threw 497' in the distance finals at Am Worlds?

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 06:01 PM
Tonight im going to start my putting routine. I will be doing this from now untill i leave for Las Vegas at the end of Feb.

500 Putts a nite. 5 Days a week. All from 30ft.

I hope to be making 70% of my 30 footers this year. If i can do that I might move up next year :D

vinnie
Jan 24 2005, 06:04 PM
drive for show...and noone is looking
putt for dough....and that pays the bills

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 06:05 PM
Thats ok. I didnt throw as far as i can that day. 5 throws at a distance competition while your still drunk from the night before with someone else discs should tell everyone that 497 is as far as i can throw. NOT TRUE. Its ok though.......I dont care about distance. I care about WINNING, which is what i plan on doing this season. Once i get my approach and putt to a decent level ill be ok. See you guys around this year :D

Jan 24 2005, 06:08 PM
BIG DISTANCEE IS FUN thats all their is to it. being able to outhrow everyone in your group is fun.

ck34
Jan 24 2005, 06:09 PM
No one needs to throw more than about 375 to play a well designed Gold level course. Those are the guidelines. In fact, designers will pinch the fairways, create doglegs or raise the risk level if possible in the 360-420 range to make the hole not such a crush fest. Throwing farther might help on some holes but designers are more interested in providing holes that challenge a variety of skills. Unless a hole is tight or has elevation changes, we're avoiding holes in the 380-520 range in the open so all Gold level players have the chance to reach the basket in two. Longer throwing just may make your upshot a little easier or you can use a more accurate disc like a mid-range or putter when others have to use a driver.

Jan 24 2005, 06:21 PM
I bet Chuck has a weenie arm. :o:D:D:D

ck34
Jan 24 2005, 06:28 PM
I do have an average arm for Blue level but then I rarely play Gold division. Those are the guidelines for Gold division and you do need to throw farther than Advanced which has the Blue level standard. We'll see how my rollers hold up against the young guns at the Memorial now that pros under 955 can play sideways this year.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 06:32 PM
We'll see how my rollers hold up against the young guns at the Memorial now that pros under 955 can play sideways this year.

Which is a CROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made the choice to play OPEN and you should have to live with that choice :mad: Oh well i guess ill just have to whip up on some low level pros that cant hack it in the Open division as well as the real AMs in my division :D

Jan 24 2005, 06:36 PM
True, true. But if you can throw farther than most it truely is a great feeling. Thats all that is boils down to. Mmmm. Well what if you had a 300' fairway that dog legged back over at a 100 degree angle with another 200' feet of fairway after that? Would'n t the big arm shortcut route over the trees sky hyser work best? Would'nt that be nice to have in the bag even if there was no need? It would make you feel better wouldnt it?

ck34
Jan 24 2005, 06:39 PM
I'm a Grandmaster Pro who's 30 years older than you. I would be second ranked out of 6 in the GM Pro division or about 7th ranked out of 37 in the Advanced division. So, I'm going for tougher competition. I'm surprised it's not tougher with Zach Cobus being the highest rated Advanced player at 949 and half the field being rated in Intermediate.

james_mccaine
Jan 24 2005, 06:40 PM
Chuck, based on my non-rigorous analysis, I've concluded that the distribution of distance throwers is roughly equivalent between advanced and open players. The difference seems to be that open players are generally more consistent.

Another thing to consider when discussing distance is how that distance is gained. I think the player that can crush a stable disc 400 on a low line has a much better weapon than the player that can throw 500, but needs a really flippy disc or has to sky it.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 06:46 PM
I think its because they capped it and not all the advanced players that wanted to play got their entrys in on time. I think since they capped it they should have only Offered Masters and Am1 in the amatuAm divisions. Oh well atleast i have a shot at winning an A Tier this year :D

ck34
Jan 24 2005, 06:47 PM
Since Open players primarily come from the Advanced division, one would expect a reasonable percentage of Advanced players could throw as far as Open players. However, the course design guidelines for Advanced are based more on the large segment of competitive players who will remain at or only ascend to the Blue rating level (925-974) and they do not throw as far as the guidelines for the Gold Open level 975+.

ck34
Jan 24 2005, 06:48 PM
I probably decline any prizes and just keep the trophy so you can have my merch :D

boru
Jan 24 2005, 08:05 PM
Longer throwing just may make your upshot a little easier �

And if you're like me, that's always a good thing.

I don't have a huge arm, but I've been getting a pretty consistent, accurate 400' lately. Sometimes I putt really well; sometimes I don't. My approach game is probably my weakest link. I definitely have the shots, but they're not reliable, especially under pressure. I'm sure many Advanced players can relate.

So this is where distance off the tee comes in. It's easy to say that it only takes two 225' shots to reach a 450' hole, but for me, and probably others, it doesn't really work that way. Because no matter where your first shot goes, you have to put the second one inside your putting comfort zone. If I drive 400', I'm looking at a 50' upshot, and I'll take that over a 225' upshot any day.

Golf is not all about accuracy any more than it's all about power. It's about holing out in the fewest strokes possible.

And there's no magic formula for doing that. If the Pimp can throw 500', why shouldn't he care about distance? It's his strongest weapon. He readily admits he needs to improve his putting, but why shouldn't he keep working on his drive, seeing if he can push it out another ten feet, zero it in a little tighter, make it a little more automatic?

adogg187420
Jan 24 2005, 08:21 PM
There is a reason that the majority, or at least all the members of my group and many others, thought that the 920 ft. hole at DMACC was a dumb hole. Sure its fun for me and other long distance throwers to throw that hole, but its a dumb hole. I believe Sandstrom shot a 60-somethin at Big Creek, which goes to show distance is not everything. Yes, of course its fun and i love throwing far, but its not everything.

Jan 24 2005, 08:21 PM
my longest drives are out around 375. my strategy is to have accuracy off the tee though not distance. just look at ball golfers, Hank Kuehne has the longest average drive on the PGAtour useually, yet he's nowhere near the top of the moneylist and rarely finishes in the top 10 at a tournament.

chris
Jan 24 2005, 09:25 PM
Are you saying i cant throw as far as I say I can???

yes

cbdiscpimp
Jan 24 2005, 09:27 PM
Who asked you Heeren??? :mad:

chris
Jan 24 2005, 09:30 PM
If you say you can throw 550' and I give you 5 discs of whatever you chose, I bet you don't break 549'

Jan 24 2005, 09:39 PM
i can throw 300ft :D

Nelly
Jan 24 2005, 09:43 PM
oh yeah, i can throw 100 yards. :D

Jan 24 2005, 11:19 PM
my longest throw is 430 on flat ground. off the hill at va barrie its well over the 600' mark. as i have over shot the long basket by about a hundred feet. putting it at almost 700 foot throw. i can outdrive millz. as long as he is on flat ground and i am on my mighty hill

bschweberger
Jan 24 2005, 11:33 PM
...when the sad fact is, your playing rating is in the low 900's? Apparently, you should concern yourself with other things because throwing 500 feet doesn't appear to be helping you any.

This is a topic that my friend and I have been discussing. Could anyone shed some light on this topic for us? We will appreciate any and all responses!

Learn to throw a Midrange 300 - 350 straight and make 80% of your putts inside of 30 feet.

boru
Jan 24 2005, 11:44 PM
my longest drives are out around 375. my strategy is to have accuracy off the tee though not distance.

My strategy is to have both. I drive forehand, and my best shots come when I just trust my instincts and fire. It reminds me a lot of pitching in baseball. When I try too hard to aim, and back off on the power, it almost never works out. But that's just me, obviously.

Yes, all the top pros I've seen (and that's only a few, mostly on video) can putt. But they can also drive. And anyone who wants to join their ranks had better be able to do both, consistently.

As for the rest of us mortals, obviously, if you can't putt, you're not going to shoot well. At the same time, if you have no power, you probably won't be competitive either.

"Drive for show, putt for dough," sounds good, but it falls short of the truth. To be a good player, you have to do both well. Or whatever it takes you to shoot better than the next guy.

I guess my point is, you could easily reverse the original question: Why do you guys care about putting well if you have no distance?

rocknrog
Jan 25 2005, 01:40 AM
Distance is good, but can you control it with holes designed to have OB past the hole. I love to throw with a grip it & rip it mentality, but I play a 9 hole course at my work, that we designed where accuracy is at a premium. OB everywhere & trouble just past most baskets. Distance throwing is fun but scores are based on a well rounded game. WISH I HAD ONE!
ROG

cbdiscpimp
Jan 25 2005, 10:43 AM
Control it???

You mean like the holes at DMACC where there was water about 30 ft behind the pin on alot of holes??? I parked the 400ft plus hole with water 20 ft behind the basket both rounds. I would say thats control :D

the_kid
Jan 25 2005, 11:18 AM
I hit the basket on the 920ft hole at worlds from about 50ft. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ryangwillim
Jan 25 2005, 12:52 PM
In all this ranting, I am surprised no one has mentioned the impractical use of a 360 degree drive!?

I can throw far, but I can throw really far with a 360 turnaround drive. However, I have only used a turnaround drive maybe 3 times in tournament play because it is very rare that the hole allows a turnaround to be beneficial.

When you guys say you can throw over 500', are you referring to a golf shot? Or are you referring to a turnaround distance throw? If you are referring to a turnaround, then you can't really use your 500' distance throws as a guage for golf.

On another note, the reason people talk so much about throwing far is because it is fun. I separate distance throwing from golf. And there is something very fun about throwing a little piece of plastic 500'+ away from you at 65mph. Especially since I am so skinny. People think I am weak, and a lot of meathead golfers don't understand why I can throw so much farther than them and all of their muscle.

And to touch on the putting thing...
It takes a very long time to learn how to putt well. I don't know very many golfers that are new to the sport who are excellent putters, however I do know a lot that can throw very far. Distance comes very easy and quick, while putting is a very strenuous and tedious adventure. Most people who brag about how far they can throw, have been playing for less than 3 years and can't putt worth crap. Likewise, most people that don't brag about how far they can throw, and have been playing for less than 3 years can't putt worth crap.

And two final points:
A) Driving is much more exciting than putting, I don't care what you tell yourself, it is!
B) Chicks dig the cannon arms!

cbdiscpimp
Jan 25 2005, 01:02 PM
I would have to say it is a BLAST to throw far. It fun to stand in a field with a bunch of people around and just FIRE drives out into the distance. I also seperate DISTANCE throwing from GOLF. On the course i rarely try and throw over 450 ft. You just dont NEED to do it and once you start trying to use that much power you are going to lost A LOT of accuracy.

I am also a vey skinny kid. 6 ft 160 and when people see me throw 500 ft they are like. What the hell??? This scrawny little kid can throw 500 and i cant even break 400. What the hell is the matter with me. I still practice my drives a little bit but this season and next I am concentrating on my upshots and putting. I want to be able to step up to any hole under 700 ft and know that after i throw my drive that I can get up and down from just about ANYWHERE in the fairway.

So driving far and throw far are all fine and dandy but now that i can do that im going to work on what i should have worked on in the first place. PUTTING AND UPSHOTS :D

the_kid
Jan 25 2005, 02:11 PM
5'9 140lbs :D:D

the_kid
Jan 25 2005, 02:11 PM
It's all in the form. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

chris
Jan 25 2005, 02:15 PM
6' 150lbs . . . It comes from eating mcdonalds every day.

20460chase
Jan 25 2005, 02:31 PM
Sounds to me like Heeren called you out Pimp.

Insert excuse here____________.

Jan 25 2005, 02:32 PM
6 even 240lbs im a fat b1otch

cbdiscpimp
Jan 25 2005, 03:00 PM
Excuse for what??? I know that i can throw over 550. Thats all that matters. I didnt say i can throw 550 EVERY time i throw did I???

Plus who cares what some 1014 rated players says anyway :D

Jan 25 2005, 03:03 PM
When you guys say you can throw over 500', are you referring to a golf shot? Or are you referring to a turnaround distance throw? If you are referring to a turnaround, then you can't really use your 500' distance throws as a guage for golf.

6ft 180lbs
I know it is not +500ft but it is still far enough....

Distance: 450ft (headwind)
Golf: 435ft (no wind)
Both with standard x-step. I am not coordinated enough to do a 360 run-up.

It was made mention that the "better" golf way for distance is a straight shot, not a big sweeping ani- with a understable disc. My best and longest drives usually do not get more then 8-10ft off the ground and go in almost a dead straight line except for the natural s-curve of the disc characteristics.

In order to get that kind of distance I throw really fast ~75mph, that I imagine I developed while playing guts in high school.

And to all the naysayers who call out "discussion board distance or speed" bite it. I could throw a baseball 65mph as a 12 year old in little league. ppppbbbbtttt.

adogg187420
Jan 25 2005, 03:12 PM
Lol

20460chase
Jan 25 2005, 03:43 PM
He said 1 out of 5. Throw 1 each day.That way you wont be drunk/ hung over evry time, and we can stop hearing that excuse.

Insert Pimps next excuse here __________________.

Jan 25 2005, 03:55 PM
6'3" 185 lbs and I would say my farthest drive to date was at old settlers where the guys on my card confirmed my drive was over 500 feet. Its still not even a reality to me. I know I can get more power. I feel the energy within. Just gotta learn to release the nuclear power in a controlled manner.

Been playing for 2 years 1 month and that was the first time I played the Rock. Huge open course. One hole is over a thousand feet.

cwphish
Jan 25 2005, 04:28 PM
At 5'9" (I was wearing boots for those who know me) and 160lbs, it becomes more and more obvious to me that it isn't about distance. My long drives are only about 400' or a little more, but my accuracy is what carries me in tournament play. Only having played for about two years, I am pretty psyched to be cashing in the advanced ranks of most tournies I play in around North Cackalacky. Accuracy and putting win tournaments. Distance wins long drive contests. I'd rather throw 350' down the middle of a fairway, than 500' into the shule.

esalazar
Jan 25 2005, 05:14 PM
like barry says drive for show and putt for dough!!!

Jan 25 2005, 06:02 PM
Cmon Efi, you can post your furthest drive. Dont be shy.

nix
Jan 25 2005, 06:23 PM
500 feet Mike?? Which hole, and where did you land?

Yes, I am skeptical. :p

Chainiac
Jan 25 2005, 06:28 PM
At 5'9" (I was wearing boots for those who know me) and 160lbs

No wonder I can't find a DG shirt in a XXL with so many 5'9" and 160 pound guys out there! On-line DG retailers do not carry the bigger sizes.

Guess I'll have to put down my brat w/cheese sauce and beer and lose a few pounds. :confused: nnnnnaaaaaahhhhhh!! :D

Jan 25 2005, 06:36 PM
The hole I believe is 6 and I landed by the trees. I would say I was putting at about 80 feet. So that would be about 520 - 530.

nix
Jan 25 2005, 06:41 PM
How far from the cable? Which side of the cable?

Jan 25 2005, 06:51 PM
About 10 feet on the backside of the cable. Pm me.

esalazar
Jan 25 2005, 07:36 PM
Cmon Efi, you can post your furthest drive. Dont be shy.

my longest putt was about 300'

esalazar
Jan 25 2005, 07:40 PM
The hole I believe is 6 and I landed by the trees. I would say I was putting at about 80 feet. So that would be about 520 - 530.

mike !! no way!!

chris
Jan 25 2005, 08:08 PM
In all this ranting, I am surprised no one has mentioned the impractical use of a 360 degree drive!?

That is a good question, I'm guessing nearly everyone on here is talking about their distance when using a 360 throw. I have never thrown a 360 drive in an actual disc golf tournament. On the course I max out around 450'+ . . . . . . . .

Hmmmm, Heeren says he can throw 450' yet he consistantly throw's over 550' in distance competitions?? where as Pimp says he can throw 550'+ yet only throws upper 400's in distance competitions . . . something seems fishy here :p

boru
Jan 25 2005, 09:24 PM
Distance is good, but can you control it with holes designed to have OB past the hole.

Not always. Then again, I can't always control my 8 foot putts either.

But to answer your question more seriously, yeah, I play a few times a week on a course that emphasizes control over distance. The holes range from about 150' to 450' or so, with most in the 200-250' range. There's OB and obstacles everywhere, and most of the course has a canopy of trees over it that creates a ceiling of 15'. So you can't just bomb it, but power helps more than it hurts if you can stay low.

My evidence? People who can rip a 350' straight line (and hence, can usually throw considerably further in the open) always shoot better on the UH course than those who can't, but have a better short game.

Jan 25 2005, 10:23 PM
if i tried the 360 turnaround id fall on my [*****] and my disc would go no where, 430 longest drive, and that was straight, cant do the big S curves to get my D

elfman007
Jan 25 2005, 10:52 PM
i can get good distance, but it does me no good if i can't make the putt :confused:

adogg187420
Jan 26 2005, 05:45 AM
I was standing right behind Heeren in the finals of the distance competition at Worlds...his 360 seemed so effortless..if i were him, i would throw it on any hole with no trouble over 400'...

esalazar
Jan 26 2005, 09:53 AM
i would much rather make 40' putts all day than drive 500'.however put both these together and let the $$$$ flow!!

bruceuk
Jan 26 2005, 10:08 AM
To answer the original question of this thread, I practice throwing a long way because I figure that if I can throw 50' further max distance (golf drive, not distance comp), then I can throw my controlled hyzer/line drive/anhyzer drives at least 30' further. That means I have a greater set of choices off the tee for where I want to land the disc.

nix
Jan 26 2005, 10:41 AM
About 10 feet on the backside of the cable. Pm me.

so you passed the cable? If so- wow! Very nice drive, and it should be close to 500' maybe 10-15' short- it is downhill, but I would still be proud of that drive. very nice...Now if you could learn an approach and a putt, we'd get you out of that division you are in ;)

Jan 26 2005, 11:37 AM
Yup,,,sounds like he's gonna sandbag for awhile! Good discs involved! Whats up with Cat Hollow? I'm gonna start taking trash bags out there so that the people don't have to feel the need to throw their trash on the ground. It needs to be up to par for us ladies!!! I want to say thank you to everyone that has given time and equipment to get the kitty ready for TWC, all the women truly appreciate it. :D

Jan 26 2005, 12:42 PM
Hmmmm, Heeren says he can throw 450' yet he consistantly throw's over 550' in distance competitions?? where as Pimp says he can throw 550'+ yet only throws upper 400's in distance competitions . . . something seems fishy here

Guard: "Let's say somebody's lying, right? And, you know they lying. Can you shoot 'em? "

Capt. Clarence O'Connell: "Well, it depends. Use your own judgment. "

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 01:12 PM
Its funny because i have only thrown 5 discs for distance in a competition in my LIFE. I dont think you can really make any statement about how far i can throw. Just ask some of the guys from MI if i can throw far or not. They have seen me throw all year for distance in fields and you guys saw me throw 5 discs when i was hung over and throwing random plastic that i picked up an hour before the Comp and had never thrown before in my life. Yes these are excuses but lets see you pick up 5 discs you have never thrown before and throw one of them 497 ft. :mad::eek:

dannyreeves
Jan 26 2005, 01:19 PM
Why do you always try to prove yourself to everyone on this board? If you can throw 500', great. If not, great. It always seems that the threads you get involved in end up in some arguement towards your credibility. I would just say screw'em and go on. :p

Jan 26 2005, 01:20 PM
I'll take you up on that. :D

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 01:31 PM
I'm Rick James Biatch. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jan 26 2005, 01:38 PM
No your not, your SB

coda_hatfield
Jan 26 2005, 01:41 PM
Throwing 500+ does you know good if you can't make a putt. But when you can throw 500+ and have the rest of the game to go with it you could be unstoppable, lets see is I got it.

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah I have never praticed my drives and have always put more emphasis on my short game. The weird thing is that my drives go far. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 02:00 PM
Scooter boy or super bagger? :confused: :confused:

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 02:19 PM
Throwing 500+ does you know good if you can't make a putt. But when you can throw 500+ and have the rest of the game to go with it you could be unstoppable, lets see is I got it.

I am in the process of workin on my upshots and putting. Hopefully ill have it to a decent level by the middle of this year :D Then maybe ill have some game :eek:

Jan 26 2005, 03:41 PM
Hey Pimp are you gonna come over to Kalamazoo next Saturday and play the cracked plastic classic? I want to see someone throw 550' because no one around here can. Oh I forgot they're aren't any holes that long at Coldbrook, its and accuracy course. You can at least test your short game.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 03:46 PM
I hate that course and i dont play sanctioned events in the cold and snow. Only practice and unsanctioned stuff. Last year i had to DNF that event because my toes were so badly frost bitten i could even feel anything below my ankles. Coldbrook is a horrible tournaments course because it involved ALOT of luck. I wont be out there. Plus discs dont fly as far in the winter time anyway. Come down to southeast MI for some tournaments and ill rip some discs for you during warm ups.

Jan 26 2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah I know what you're talking about when you say Coldbrook involves luck, it's the only course you can shoot a -10 and a +10 in the same day. I'm gonna try to play more tournements this year now that I'm old enough to play masters so maybe i'll be out your way.. You ought to play at my tourny the Ace Place open at Robert Morris Park on May 14th. There are several open 400+ open holes you can rip on.

adogg187420
Jan 26 2005, 04:18 PM
Discs dont go as far in the wintertime? I remember some guys in my league saying that Sandstrom and Kallstrom were taking their discs out of a chilled cooler before throwing them in a distance competition, or maybe i heard wrong...

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 04:20 PM
That may be but then JUST the disc are cooler and stiffer so they dont flex as much when those guys TORQUE them. The temp of the AIR is what makes the difference in distance. NOT the temp of the disc.

nix
Jan 26 2005, 04:22 PM
What facts do you have to back this?

I am not doubting- I just want proof.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 04:25 PM
I was just assuming that thats why they would want their discs to be cold. Those guys usually throw DX plastic for thier LONG D and i would assume they would want it to be stiffer then throwing as hard as they are. I have no fact i was just taking a educated guess.

nix
Jan 26 2005, 04:26 PM
Oh.

A S S U M E

;)

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 04:28 PM
Hey atleast i admit it.

While else would they want cold discs??? :confused:

dannyreeves
Jan 26 2005, 04:37 PM
Pimp can drive over 500' because the air is so hot around him at all times! :D

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 04:54 PM
Nice. :D:D

Jan 26 2005, 04:56 PM
Now thats funny! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 05:09 PM
Hey........................I resemble that remark. It must be why all the other guys girlfriends want to play golf with me :eek:

Now THAT was funny :D

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 05:10 PM
They follow you because they know you live a lonely life. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :eek: /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 05:12 PM
Most ALL disc golfers live a lonely life if they are playing tournaments EVERY weekend like i am. Its ok though i just get hoes in different area codes /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ;) :D

I think its because they think im HOT and i can throw far :D

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah fat chicks need love too. :D:D

Jan 26 2005, 05:18 PM
Keep digging that grave little boy. Pretty soon you will be laying in your mess that only you have involved yourself in.

For one that speaks of Karma so often, you are the biggest low life I have seen on this board to date. You got something personal to say then you pm me little boy! Buck sixty.......whatchu tinkin man!

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 05:21 PM
Hey let's keep it clean in this piece. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dannyreeves
Jan 26 2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah, lets be nice. Heck, if I can put up with all of his shameless self-promotions, everyone else can too! :D

the_kid
Jan 26 2005, 05:30 PM
GO PEDRO!!!!!!!!!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 05:39 PM
Keep digging that grave little boy. Pretty soon you will be laying in your mess that only you have involved yourself in.

For one that speaks of Karma so often, you are the biggest low life I have seen on this board to date. You got something personal to say then you pm me little boy! Buck sixty.......whatchu tinkin man!

Looks like someone has some personal issues they need to work out. Digging what grave man. You want to pop your mouth off and take shots at me then go right ahead but just know that im going to pop my mouth off right back.

Dont hate the player hate the game.

Speaking of Karma. When you talk ***** to people and threaten them that doesnt work very well either. You dont even know me you want to run your mouth about something that i didnt even start then go right ahead. My Karma is fine thank you. Worry about your own Karma because if your throwing all these threats around im thinkin one day they will come back to haunt you.

Holla

Jan 26 2005, 05:41 PM
So as I was going through the archives, I found this picture of CB_disc_CHUMP or BG, or whatever you want to call this dufus. Seams like the only pimpin he is doing is with the finest specimens.

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/FATTIES/mags.jpg

Jan 26 2005, 05:44 PM
Awww sucka, you getting all hot headed. Just tuck that away into a vile and one day we will meet little man.

Believe Dat!

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 05:56 PM
If you want to threaten me ill just give my lawyer a call and we can work this out somewhere other then the board. I suggest you either calm down and stop taking things personally or you just stop threatening me in general.

Why do you want us to meet so bad??? Dude if you like guys thats your biz but dont try and hit on me because im HOT and i can throw far. Its ok for the girls to do it but "Silly fruit loop D!cks are for chicks".

Jan 26 2005, 05:59 PM
Your funny. Call your peeps. I am on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm. Yup......

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 06:05 PM
Aight man. You just need to calm down and take it easy. Im just out here having fun and your out here threatening people. Grow up man. Are you still in highschool??? Its not all about who you can shoot or beat up anymore man. Grow up and take a joke.

DiscPimp

Jan 26 2005, 06:17 PM
Lawyers are not jokesters last time I checked. You are the one making a Jack Donkey of your self. Your puny threats and alogations are a waste of bandwidth. ping pong, ping pong....... Your mouth is just spitting BS before your brain thinks.

So you a pimp fool? Let me guess, You from the streets huh. Your lame excuses and phoney lifestyle makes me laugh. The only one bumpin their gums around here is the mark azzz busta I'm looking at. You one bad pimp? I wanna see how dem boys down south feel about your weak game. You spit game at every little girl on this board and that makes you a pimp? Bring it on down to the south so we can show you what you think and what you realy know.

Down South is where I play!!! You know we real and all about them strillaz!

Jan 26 2005, 06:26 PM
Calm down, grunion...I think you're frightening the DiscChimp, the skinny little loud mouth pr*ck. I hope he didn't pee in his pants.

dischick
Jan 26 2005, 06:37 PM
My Karma is fine thank you

actually steve i beg to differ. i think you are in great trouble with the karma gods.

im surprised you think you need karma with all the ***** you talk

cbdiscpimp
Jan 26 2005, 07:51 PM
Im done with you kid. You think that i spit game at every girl on this board. I wasnt the one spitting game so you need to check yourself.

DiscPimp Out

esalazar
Jan 26 2005, 07:58 PM
Throwing 500+ does you know good if you can't make a putt. But when you can throw 500+ and have the rest of the game to go with it you could be unstoppable,

well said!! action is the only true representation!!
spanky is a fukn joke.

chris
Jan 26 2005, 09:00 PM
I hate that course and i dont play sanctioned events in the cold and snow. Only practice and unsanctioned stuff. Last year i had to DNF that event because my toes were so badly frost bitten i could even feel anything below my ankles. Coldbrook is a horrible tournaments course because it involved ALOT of luck. I wont be out there. Plus discs dont fly as far in the winter time anyway. Come down to southeast MI for some tournaments and ill rip some discs for you during warm ups.

ahah, wuss!! Sounds like you are scared! Nice excuse, (it's cold outside, they don't go far) that's much better than saying you will be drunk when you are practicing, that's why they're not going far. I plan on driving 6 hours to go play that tournament next weekend. I really hate playing in the cold, I really suck when my hands clammy, and actually, I have played 3 practice rounds since the end of November since it has been cold/snowy out here. Also, I hate that course since I am not very good at throwing through tight gaps and it is a lot of luck. But I still plan on going! :) even though I'll most likely shoot 40 points below my average per round, probably 970's-980's. But I really don't care bout my ratings or how I finish, I just want to go out there because I love playing tournaments, and it will be my first sanctioned one of the year!!

Jan 26 2005, 09:11 PM
"spit game, check yourself, your biz, call your peeps, dem boys, holla, pop your, hate the playa, pimp this, pimp that, etc."

seriously guys...

are you disc golfers or gangstas???
i thought both of you guys were just joking around all the time with the pimp this, check that, holla this nonsense, but now I start to wonder...
or are you guys just the hardest downest o.g. disc golfers ever???
no need for all of the hate and threatening each other guys, i think both of you need to worry about the Karma you're putting out there... imo

dannyreeves
Jan 26 2005, 09:13 PM
they have past issues

20460chase
Jan 26 2005, 09:34 PM
Im from the streets of Moline. Does that count? Heerens been here before he knows how hard the QC is.We have Gangsta Farmers that trick out John Deere tractors.

dannyreeves
Jan 26 2005, 09:36 PM
them John Deere's got spinnas!

20460chase
Jan 26 2005, 09:42 PM
They keep Spinnin, Look they Spinnin!

Jan 26 2005, 09:46 PM
Spinna's?

dannyreeves
Jan 26 2005, 09:46 PM
or as us white folks say: Spinners.

Jan 26 2005, 09:47 PM
Well I tried to talk to him casually, and then I tried like I would speak to a child. To no avail, neither seamed to work. This gangsta lingo seams to be the only thing that penatrates his thick skull. I apologize for bringing bad ju ju to the board once again. Grunion is done. This is good bye. Now............good day..........but grunion, I SAID GOOD DAY!

esalazar
Jan 26 2005, 09:59 PM

ahah, wuss!! Sounds like you are scared! Nice excuse, (it's cold outside, they don't go far) that's much better than saying you will be drunk when you are practicing, that's why they're not going far. I plan on driving 6 hours to go play that tournament next weekend. I really hate playing in the cold, I really suck when my hands clammy, and actually, I have played 3 practice rounds since the end of November since it has been cold/snowy out here. Also, I hate that course since I am not very good at throwing through tight gaps and it is a lot of luck. But I still plan on going! :) even though I'll most likely shoot 40 points below my average per round, probably 970's-980's. But I really don't care bout my ratings or how I finish, I just want to go out there because I love playing tournaments, and it will be my first sanctioned one of the year!!

this is what it is all about!!! play the game!! enjoy!!etc.

Jeannie
Jan 26 2005, 10:49 PM
Discs dont go as far in the wintertime? I remember some guys in my league saying that Sandstrom and Kallstrom were taking their discs out of a chilled cooler before throwing them in a distance competition, or maybe i heard wrong...

You might be getting your stories confused. They don't put their discs in coolers. People used to do that long ago when they used Midnight flyers. They would do it to stiffen up the disc if it was really hot outside. Because they would catch so much wind, and could be less stable if the weren't stiff enough, they would do it. They thought it would reduce the flutter.

esalazar
Jan 26 2005, 10:55 PM
wow , how long you been playing J.?

Jan 27 2005, 01:19 AM
im agreing with mills that discs do not fly as far in the winter, their is little to no updrafts to keep the disc up, and since the air is denser. in the winter, their is more drag produced on the disc, therefore, not allowing it to fly as far.

Distance competions should be held in canada in the winter, lets see how fat the can throw a disc, without a huge tailwind, and the hot desert updrafts.

nix
Jan 27 2005, 01:31 AM

nice post!

good luck Chris!

Jan 27 2005, 02:05 AM
Not to nerd out, but in the winter, the air molecules slow down and pack together with less space between them. Just cause you cant see the air, doesnt mean its not there. Picture we are all playing at the bottom of an ocean of air. Just like a puddle holds water to the ground, our atmosphere is held to the ground buy gravity. and yes, virginia, it is denser in the winter. Also, DiscPimp seemed pretty cool to me. (alright, everyone, pile on).
Also, I can drive a disc 750 feet..........................in my car.

Jan 27 2005, 02:28 AM
"are you guys just the hardest downest o.g. disc golfers ever???

no...bUMPs got that ***** on lock.

danknug
Jan 27 2005, 09:42 AM
This kind of talk is uncalled for and should not be tolerated!

Jeannie
Jan 27 2005, 11:17 AM
LOL. Not that long, that's for sure. It just happened to be a topic of conversation when I was in Sweden this summer.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 01:20 PM
I am a good guy Grunion just doenst like me for a reason i will not disclose but i can tell you hes got it all wrong and i could really care less what he thinks about me and im done dealing with his *********.

DiscPimp Out

chris
Jan 27 2005, 02:30 PM
I just like giving you a hard time cause no matter what thread I'm in, somehow I get to read how you can throw 550' lol Then you ****** bout how these guys are rated 900 and shouldn't be arguing with you in the first place cause they are no better than you. I'm just trying to stick up for them :D

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 03:08 PM
I know your giving me a hard time Chris. Im fine with that. What im not fine with is with Grunion being serious and threatening me.

Im fine with smack talk so keep it coming. If I could only putt then i would move up :mad:

esalazar
Jan 27 2005, 04:45 PM
why don't you stop being such a whiney puss about it!!
if you shut your freakin mouth, you would not get so much crap on here!! pretty freakin simple!! common sense!! nothing personal , just calling it like i see it and i'm sure most people would agree!!

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 05:34 PM
Maybe we should take a poll on here. Who would you rather have on the board. DiscPimp or Grunion???

The poll can start now :D

Jan 27 2005, 05:40 PM
Grunion is funnier but it wouldn't be the same without the two of you duking it out. Both of you claim to throw 500' so why don't you settle it like men and have a driving contest?

20460chase
Jan 27 2005, 05:42 PM
Pimp, call your lawyer.That was the funniest thing I read all day yesterday.LOL.

Jan 27 2005, 05:44 PM
Maybe we should take a poll on here. Who would you rather have on the board. DiscPimp or Grunion???

there has to be a C option (none of the above)

Jan 27 2005, 05:45 PM

I'll take Grunion Monday through Friday. I'm not on these boards on the weekend, so I don't care what DiscChimp has to say then....oh wait, he only says one thing anyway "I can throw 550ft., and if I had any sort of short game, I could play pro." We get it, okay. You think you can throw far, Wow, we are all impressed. Why is that all you can talk about? What are you trying to compensate for (besides your lack of putting skills)?

atreau3
Jan 27 2005, 05:49 PM
As a totally independant third party, from the outside in, it seems that both parties involved should tone it down a bit. I'm not exactly sure what Grunion's beef is with DiscPimp, and it may not even be my biz. These discussion boards are great to learn info about all things disc golf. Sure there might be differences of opinion from time to time, just keep the volume low/ medium.

Pimp, you always seem to leave yourself open to criticism by being so vocal. Sure you can express your opinion, but it seems that you're coming off a little too aggressive (please keep the caps off?). I bet you're a great guy, and obviously LOVE disc golf. But look around, there is "Pimp" controversy in many different threads.
I'm sure many of us around here are just looking to have fun, and avoid doing work from time to time. When people start to make inflamitory comments about each other, things get ugly.

Keep it clean, no biting, headbutting, spitting, and keep it above the belt.

--Erick

Jan 27 2005, 05:54 PM
Id have to say that no one would agree.

I would have to say everyone on here thinks he just a punk and like to spout his mouth off about stuff he doesnt know and then get himself into trouble.

thanks for taking it upon youself to represent the opinions of the entire board you moron, i for one will not stand by and let myself be represented by an egocentric toolbox.

[/QUOTE]...he just a punk and like to spout his mouth off about stuff he doesnt know and then get himself into trouble.

[/QUOTE]ohhh the irony, dramatic even. i'm fairly confident this exact description has filled the mind of a good percentage of people as they sit and read another one of your episodes.

Jan 27 2005, 05:57 PM
if you shut your freakin mouth, you would not get so much crap on here!! pretty freakin simple!! common sense!!

amen

Jan 27 2005, 06:02 PM
I retired grunion last night but with the fans out their I am wondering if you guys wanna see me on the board. Please vote. I would like to know your opinions as I appreciate them and take it as constructive criticism.

Notice how I have not posted but he just wont let it go. Puhhh-leeease....grow up chump. Hope to see you in Texas to express the warm welcome we all have for you.

Should Grunion live?

Jan 27 2005, 06:05 PM
Mullet Man, is your PDGA # really 23516? LOL

Jan 27 2005, 06:07 PM
Mullet Man, is your PDGA # really 23516? LOL

well, if it was, i'd probably still be the "******-off mulletteen"

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 06:13 PM
I'll take Grunion Monday through Friday. I'm not on these boards on the weekend, so I don't care what DiscChimp has to say then....oh wait, he only says one thing anyway "I can throw 550ft., and if I had any sort of short game, I could play pro." We get it, okay. You think you can throw far, Wow, we are all impressed. Why is that all you can talk about? What are you trying to compensate for (besides your lack of putting skills)?

You have been on this board for all of 14 posts. The distance thing is a joke and if you look back at 90 percent of the posts im not even the one who brings it up. DiscChimp that is real clever. Did a tolder help you come up with that one??? Ive posted over 2000 post on here and untill this past week i havent had a problem with anyone. Grunion wants to blame something on me that was not my fault and he has a personal problem with me which is fine. Im done with that situation anyway. Go ahead and read back threw all my posts and im sure that all 2000+ dont say i can throw 550'. How long have you been posting for anyway??? 1 Week???

You have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes and i will not even be discussing it because I want it to be over. Im done with this childish stuff that been going on with Grunion.

Keep the comments coming. Just to let you know. 90% of what comes out of my mouth is sarcastic or joking. Sorry if it offends you but im hardly ever serious when im on this board.

DiscPimp Out

Jan 27 2005, 06:13 PM
Here you go (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=304727&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 06:18 PM
I love the childishness that Mullet Man is displaying. Hiding behind a computer screen and using my PDGA number in his info. That is really mature of whoever it is. Im done playing games with Grunion and ESALAZAR. This whole situation got way out of control and i wasnt even the one who started it. Im done even talking to or about Grunion so thats all i have to say about that.

DiscPimp is done playing games with children.

Moderator005
Jan 27 2005, 06:20 PM
Wow, it didn't take long for that poll to get deleted! :D

dannyreeves
Jan 27 2005, 06:22 PM
You bring it on yourself. You get on every thread you can and you have to brag about something every time.

Jan 27 2005, 06:23 PM
self-deletion (its back)

please allow this thread to continue as it was orginally planned:

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 06:26 PM
You bring it on yourself. You get on every thread you can and you have to brag about something every time.

This whole thing got started a while back on the I am a Disc Golf God thread and i was really bored. I got on there and made one comment then EVERYONE though it was funnny to start talking about me on there. Now people say stuff like millz can throw a Poker Chip 500'

I didnt say that. I talk about how i can throw far on throwing far threads which is what this was. Thats pretty much the only thing i brag about. Like i said earlier im hardly every being serious unless im trying to help someone with something or talking about something serious.

Sorry if i offend you guys but come on now we are all on here just talking smack and having fun :D

Jan 27 2005, 06:27 PM

You have been on this board for all of 14 posts. The distance thing is a joke and if you look back at 90 percent of the posts im not even the one who brings it up. DiscChimp that is real clever. Did a tolder help you come up with that one??? Ive posted over 2000 post on here and untill this past week i havent had a problem with anyone. Grunion wants to blame something on me that was not my fault and he has a personal problem with me which is fine. Im done with that situation anyway. Go ahead and read back threw all my posts and im sure that all 2000+ dont say i can throw 550'. How long have you been posting for anyway??? 1 Week???

You have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes and i will not even be discussing it because I want it to be over. Im done with this childish stuff that been going on with Grunion.

Keep the comments coming. Just to let you know. 90% of what comes out of my mouth is sarcastic or joking. Sorry if it offends you but im hardly ever serious when im on this board.

DiscPimp Out

You should really stop using your post count and distance (supposed) to determine your self worth. I feel sorry for you, you really are a moron. Sorry, I don't post that often, but I do read threads pretty much every day. You constantly cause problems and annoy people, it's your thing. And that's cool. You just opened yourself up when you did the poll...then you get all defensive when it doesn't go your way. Typical.

dannyreeves
Jan 27 2005, 06:30 PM
I am just letting you know that nobody cares how far you can (or think you can) throw. If you want to help others, tell them how to properly throw far and if you are asked how far you throw, honestly answer. But when you lead out with "I throw 550' blah blah blah," it makes people lose respect for you.

I just think you are a very insecure person and you look for acceptance on this message board. Kinda sad.

Jan 27 2005, 06:32 PM
Right on the money Danny.

Jan 27 2005, 06:36 PM
well i just started 1year ago and i can throw just over 300 ft i need some help.i don't really care about distance but 400 ft would be nice. i pratice with the local pro's and they all say the samething i'm still making (am) mistakes.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 06:40 PM
The funny thing is i dont care about what you guys think at all. I go on here because you guys flip out about the smallest things for no reason at all. If you dont like what i say then dont read but also know that like i said im on here at work just being on here so i wont be as bored at work. Sorry you guys take so much offence to that. I dont care if you think i can throw far or not. I know what i can do and it doesnt matter if you believe me or not. Its cold and snowy here and im at work during the day light so i cant throw discs. So i just post all day at work. Sorry you guys dont like what i post. Everytime i post something someone has a comment to make about it. So then in return i make a comment about thier comment.

I will continue to post and if you think im looking for acceptance here then you are sadly mistaken and dont you think i would have gone about it in a different way???

Im also on here to learn stuff that i dont know about and to help other people with things they dont know about and i do. You guys are trying to tell me that every single post i ever made was bragging about myself or something. Sorry you feel that way.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 06:42 PM
You should really stop using your post count and distance (supposed) to determine your self worth. I feel sorry for you, you really are a moron. Sorry, I don't post that often, but I do read threads pretty much every day. You constantly cause problems and annoy people, it's your thing. And that's cool. You just opened yourself up when you did the poll...then you get all defensive when it doesn't go your way. Typical.

I would like to see the problems i have caused other then the one you think i caused with Grunion which none of you know anything about so that one doesnt count. Can i see these threads please???

20460chase
Jan 27 2005, 06:48 PM
Stop playing them and hit the fields.Although not the best for accuracy, abig stack of discs and a open field is better than a course.Then to work on your accuracy make your own targets and pound away.I go to a football field that has a road about 75-100ft away,there is probaly a ten foot elevation change, and unload at the far goalposts.Because of the elevation, I can then take out my mids and throw threw the uprights out to the middle.<Not reccommended for dx plastic> Then, I collect and throw back at the goal, and do it again only withoout the elevation.It REALLY helped and I think will help even more this year.

dannyreeves
Jan 27 2005, 06:54 PM
Everytime i post something someone has a comment to make about it.

So, what you are saying is that all these people who have a problem with your arrogant posts are wrong and you are right? Just wanted to make sure that is what you are saying. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And I never said that ALL of your posts are of a bragging nature. Quite a few are, however.

chris
Jan 27 2005, 07:24 PM
You have been on this board for all of 14 posts. The distance thing is a joke and if you look back at 90 percent of the posts im not even the one who brings it up. DiscChimp that is real clever. Did a tolder help you come up with that one??? Ive posted over 2000 post on here and untill this past week i havent had a problem with anyone. Grunion wants to blame something on me that was not my fault and he has a personal problem with me which is fine. Im done with that situation anyway. Go ahead and read back threw all my posts and im sure that all 2000+ dont say i can throw 550'. DiscPimp Out

DiscPimp is right, I checked and only 1873 posts are about how he can throw 550+, 312 of which are about how he can throw 600+ :D

Jan 27 2005, 07:29 PM
what division does he play probabaly rec.huh

Jan 27 2005, 07:30 PM
Dude stop.......my cheeks are hurting.

Jan 27 2005, 07:31 PM
I was going to recommend Jenny Craig ,But Im not like that .

Jan 27 2005, 07:32 PM
OK Im sorry that was wrong of me.

Jan 27 2005, 07:38 PM
I did'nt see where you posted you could drive 550. What was so wrong with that post?

dischick
Jan 27 2005, 07:43 PM
why do you guys care so frikkin much about distance? theres this guy i met at a tournament this summer who threw somewhere over 600 in the D contest at worlds, and no he wasnt at the top for the pro division.... he was at the bottom of the ams, not just the bottom, but DFL.
yeah its, cool, we're all impressed. but talk ***** when you get game.
and millz, you may beable to throw 500 every now and then, but i can still beat you! i have and i will continue too, throwing half as far! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 07:53 PM
and millz, you may beable to throw 500 every now and then, but i can still beat you! i have and i will continue too, throwing half as far! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now THAT is freakin funny............ ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :( /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :) :D:D :p ;)

dischick
Jan 27 2005, 07:54 PM
HAHA
but you dont deny!

check out the scores for round 1 of the turkey shootout 04

cbdiscpimp
Jan 27 2005, 07:58 PM
Everyone gets beat by girls once in a while. We will see about this year though :D

I think you beat alot of guys that round not just me :eek: How about the round at Rum Village :o

dischick
Jan 27 2005, 08:01 PM
i never calculated the amount of ams i beat that round, i decided to spare you and the rest. i only counted my pool.....including the "big arms" in open. that was 17 outta 28

esalazar
Jan 27 2005, 08:02 PM
why don't you stop being such a whiney puss about it!!
if you shut your freakin mouth, you would not get so much crap on here!! pretty freakin simple!! common sense!! nothing personal , just calling it like i see it and i'm sure most people would agree!!

he's like the energizer bunny on crack!!! can someone please pull the batteries out of that stupid rabbit and get him some help???? :D:D

adogg187420
Jan 27 2005, 08:25 PM

You might be getting your stories confused. They don't put their discs in coolers. People used to do that long ago when they used Midnight flyers. They would do it to stiffen up the disc if it was really hot outside. Because they would catch so much wind, and could be less stable if the weren't stiff enough, they would do it. They thought it would reduce the flutter.

I must have heard wrong then.

Jan 27 2005, 09:23 PM
As of this hour of Jan 27, 2005, Grunion has vanished. Maybe somewhere deep inside the woods of Idaho you will find a yeti throwing beat up champion plastic and remember a similar drive technique. "Could that be the grunion?" "No way.......he vanished, never to be seen again".

Jan 27 2005, 09:26 PM
bye grunion! :D

Jeannie
Jan 27 2005, 09:31 PM
Dang, I guess I can save myself the the reply I was just going to give to all this. This was all looking waayyy too familiar.

chris
Jan 27 2005, 09:55 PM

All I gotta say is . . . . . . ahahahahahahahah!!!

cwphish
Jan 27 2005, 10:36 PM
No kidding Jeannie.

cwphish
Jan 27 2005, 10:39 PM
Post deleted by PolishPower

esalazar
Jan 27 2005, 11:09 PM
that was out of line craig!! you know how many users on this board are of that same level of play!!! don't be an [*****]!!

cwphish
Jan 28 2005, 12:33 AM
Not meaning to be a *****. I guess I also may still have a bad taste from how others have been attacked in the past. And I am pretty sure the reason why grunion may have attacked Pimp in the first place, was for personal reasons, completely unrelated to disc golf or this board.

Jan 28 2005, 12:34 AM
of course it was!

esalazar
Jan 28 2005, 08:58 AM
and steven mills really initiates a lot of crap to boot!!

on the personal side of that, it was pretty f'd up!!

dscmn
Jan 28 2005, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE]
Ive posted over 2000 post on here and untill this past week i havent had a problem with anyone.

check out the "future of disc golf" thread...you seemed to have a real problem with me. i've actually stopped posting on here for the most part mainly because of you and others like you. keep up the good work, you're making a lot of friends.

adogg187420
Jan 28 2005, 08:58 PM
You have also started stuff with me, but its over now...i think...

Jan 28 2005, 10:25 PM
pimp or dscmn? i assume you're talking about pimp...

adogg187420
Jan 29 2005, 05:13 AM
Yes, it was/is "pimp"...good luck at the Ice Bowl tommorow!!

esalazar
Jan 29 2005, 08:44 AM
welcome to the club!!!

Jan 30 2005, 12:44 AM
From what I've noticed...... Throwing far makes people go wow! Nothing feels better than playing in a group for the first time and launching one close to 500ft., they just aww. They don't care if you even made the putt. I do agree though that putts win tournaments not drives.