Jan 06 2005, 12:57 PM
It's that time to vote for the 2004 DiscNut Disc of the Year!. Last years winner was the Innova Beast with 49 votes (28%). The Discraft Buzz came in second with 34 votes (19%) and the Discraft Crush came in third with 19 votes (11%). I will run this poll until the end of February. All of the discs listed were approved by the PDGA in the 2004 season.

Jan 06 2005, 04:31 PM
Orc. I want to try out one of those elements though.

md21954
Jan 06 2005, 04:32 PM
i know a few folks who will vote for the sidewinder but i haven't been able to try one extensively.

Jan 06 2005, 04:33 PM
It might not be my favorite out of all of the discs released last year, but I think the Orc deserves to be number one considering how much hype they've received and use people have gotten out of them. I'm willing to bet some of those other discs may have had a better chance if they were released earlier in the year, though.

scoop
Jan 06 2005, 04:57 PM
I voted for the Sidewinder.

I throw the Orc (Pro) as my primary driver about 70% of the time. But I could replace the Orc with a Beast, a Flash, or a Crush and still be able to accomplish nearly the same thing.

But I don't have another disc in my bag quite like the Sidewinder. I might only throw it 3-4 times during a round....but when I need a big anhyzer shot that holds its line and goes a long way fast...the Sidewinder is the disc.

There are numerous high-speed, over-stable, long-range drivers on the market. And that's part of the reason the Sidewinder gets my vote...becuase it's not another disc in that same class.

Jan 06 2005, 05:57 PM
I chose the Flick. Even though I think it has a dumb name I believe it's the best forehand disc ever made.

bschweberger
Jan 06 2005, 05:58 PM
Just Orc it

WakandaRat
Jan 06 2005, 06:32 PM
Ching - Supreme JuJu Whats This ????

Jan 06 2005, 06:46 PM
Ching - Supreme JuJu Whats This ????

Juju in "Supreme" (high grade) plastic. I've held a couple of them, one that's kind of pearlescent, slicker (like most Champ/Z/E type discs) but similar in flexability to the Fusion Juju and one that's clear, kind of tacky and about as floppy as a Blowfly. Apparently they are considering a version that's clear and siffer, too. I haven't had a chance to throw them yet but I'm interested to see how the "creamy" one flies as a short driver.

20460chase
Jan 06 2005, 07:11 PM
Orc! Orc! Orc!

vwkeepontruckin
Jan 07 2005, 01:45 AM
It might not be my favorite out of all of the discs released last year, but I think the Orc deserves to be number one considering how much hype they've received and use people have gotten out of them. I'm willing to bet some of those other discs may have had a better chance if they were released earlier in the year, though.

I agree. I threw one once and didn't care for it too much, but most people really like them, so I bet it wins.

Jan 07 2005, 11:24 AM
Now I have to question the accuracy of all these poles !! This is the second time I have tried to vote on a pole and a message came up that said
"A vote has already been cast for this IP."
What's up with this? This thread was started on the 6th and I haven't been on since the 4th and haven't voted on any pole for weeks.

bschweberger
Jan 07 2005, 11:58 AM
So far Orc by a landslide.

Jan 07 2005, 01:21 PM
ELEMENT for sure...just got one and i have been throwing it around. its accurate as hell and has a great feel.

discchucker
Jan 07 2005, 03:27 PM
The poll's are IP protected so that people can't slam the poll. If you are trying to vote from behind a router or firewall, the ip address is the same for every computer that is behind it. So if you are doing it from a business...perhaps somebody already beat you to it. Also...if you do not have a static ip address for home, you can have issues too, since ip addresses for dial up are served on an as needed basis and broadband ip addresses are released every 24 hours or every 12 hours usually. So if you are on a dial up, you could login at 2:00 pm and then login again at 2:10 pm and have two different ip addresses. Or your provider could have released your ip on you.

veganray
Jan 07 2005, 03:40 PM
Bulldog & gummy Sidewinder are the only ones on the list to make my bag this year.

Sidewinder by a nose, because I can use a 10x Aviar for 96.184% of the shots I would use the Bulldog for, anyway.

vwkeepontruckin
Jan 07 2005, 03:59 PM
ELEMENT for sure...just got one and i have been throwing it around. its accurate as hell and has a great feel.

JOSH!!! Nice to see you on these boards!

Jan 07 2005, 04:21 PM
gatepooo

Jan 07 2005, 04:40 PM
the element feels like a great disc but the element-x has to be my choice for new disc of the year
it definetly has a spot in my bag and has replaced many :D

Jan 07 2005, 04:57 PM
I would have said Flick until I bought a Tsunami (ironically, I picked it up on Dec. 26th, the day of the big tsunami in Asia). It flies a lot like a 150 Flick for me, but with more glide...great driver.

vwkeepontruckin
Jan 08 2005, 03:07 AM
the element feels like a great disc but the element-x has to be my choice for new disc of the year
it definetly has a spot in my bag and has replaced many :D

And James! Very cool to see some buds postin.

vwkeepontruckin
Jan 08 2005, 03:08 AM
gatepooo

People rag on me about drifting threads into Gateway promotions, yet you yourself are doing almost the same thing by thread drifting into a post ragging on Gateway. This was a thread about your opinion on disc of the year...not which company you don't like. Move on.

20460chase
Jan 08 2005, 01:59 PM
He said "Gatepooo".

vwkeepontruckin
Jan 08 2005, 02:47 PM
He said "Gatepooo".

Yeah, but coming from him I know what he means...I'm not stupid...anyone here can see what he's refering.

You know what...screw it all. If you have problems with discs...keep it to yourself unless theres a thread about the particular disc. I can handle Chase posting about things, b/c I've met him and hes pretty cool. Most of the time he's giving me a hard time anyways.

20460chase
Jan 08 2005, 03:23 PM
Its always a hard time in good fun.

Jan 08 2005, 06:58 PM
There were a ton of great discs that came out this year. My personal favorites are the Elements, but ALL discs will be overshadowed by the ORC. Every Innova dude I know carries one. I don't like it but I know it will win.

vwkeepontruckin
Jan 09 2005, 02:01 PM
Its always a hard time in good fun.

Yeah, that was my point.

bschweberger
Jan 10 2005, 01:30 AM
I would have to say this poll has spoken for itself. Orc it.

jaymo
Jan 11 2005, 04:46 AM
Schweb have you tried the Dx Orcs yet???

Jan 17 2005, 05:03 PM
***BUMP***

Jan 18 2005, 12:39 PM
When did they come out with dx Orcs? :confused:

warlocks00
Jan 18 2005, 01:11 PM
Schweb nice icon.....GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

I think, as most have said, it will be the Orc. Not one of my favorite disc, but most everybody I know has one in their bag.

Jan 18 2005, 01:14 PM
Definitely the Orc, I don't throw one either, but EVERYONE else I know and everyone here seems to

20460chase
Jan 18 2005, 02:46 PM
Is everybody jumping on the Steeler band wagon at once? I dont think it can hold the weight. Go Pats!!

warlocks00
Jan 18 2005, 03:42 PM
No bandwagon jumping here, born and raised a Steeler fan. Even my 8 year old lab is named Steeler....I bleed black and gold!!!!!

ToddLapham
Jan 18 2005, 03:56 PM
You will be crying black and gold once the Pats slap the steelers this weekend. You should have lost to the Jets TWICE last weekend, but got lucky they don't have a kicker.

20460chase
Jan 18 2005, 04:45 PM
Agreed. And I hate the Patriots.

MDR_3000
Jan 18 2005, 05:44 PM
Eagles rule everyone's face, so all that AFC stuff just doesn't matter

mikeP
Jan 18 2005, 06:16 PM
This poll is heavily influenced by the amount of time each of these discs has been available. I don't know if the Beast would have beaten the Buzz last year if the Buzz hadn't came out about 11 monthes after it...All discs released post September should be on next year's poll to get more truthful results IMHO.

ToddLapham
Jan 18 2005, 06:18 PM
LMAO "AFC stuff just doesn't matter"...that is classic considering that the Rams didn't even have a winning record and made the playoffs this year. The NFC is a joke. Philly will choke again this year in the NFC championship game like the last two.

warlocks00
Jan 18 2005, 06:22 PM
that's funny all these team you guys are bringing up....THE STEELERS HAVE ALREADY BEATEN THIS YEAR!!!!! :D

So Todd what your saying is the Jets got what they deserved for the SD kicker missing the one the week before in OT? :eek:

time will tell who is right....I will say this it should be a good weekend of football....hopefully the games will be more interesting than last weekend(with the exception of the Steeler vs. Jets game)

ToddLapham
Jan 18 2005, 06:30 PM
I agree that the Jets got what they deserved, I am from Massachusetts I HATE any NY team. But still the Steelers did get lucky that he missed not one but TWO kicks in the last two minutes of the game to win. Roethesburger(sp?) played horribly and better step up to beat the pats. It's going to be a great game, but Corey Dillon will be the deciding factor in the Pats victory. We will have more that 6 rushes for 4 yards I promise you that. Not to mention we held the "best" offense in history to 3 points last sunday.

warlocks00
Jan 18 2005, 06:42 PM
I do agree the Steelers got VERY lucky last week.

When Dillon was a BUNGAL he use to run all over the Steelers....I am hoping he got that out of his system.

As for holding the best offense in the world to 3 pts. You got lucky it was snowing....if that game would have been in Indy or even in good weather would you have been able to say that? We will never know...but I doubt it. Since you are bringing up last week. We held the NFL's top rusher to only 77 yards last week. You know what that means ABSOLUTLY NOTHING...it's a new week.

MDR_3000
Jan 18 2005, 07:22 PM
LMAO "AFC stuff just doesn't matter"...that is classic considering that the Rams didn't even have a winning record and made the playoffs this year. The NFC is a joke. Philly will choke again this year in the NFC championship game like the last two.

You're right the NFC was pretty weak, Philly being the exception. They won't choke this time...and it's been 3 years they choked.

Oh and just to kind of stay on topic, I voted for teh Orc

20460chase
Jan 19 2005, 02:48 AM
ORC

So we agree, The Steelers got lucky,the NFC is weak,and kickers suck.My money is saying Pats Vs. Falcons.And, I hate the Falcons,too.

ToddLapham
Jan 19 2005, 10:56 AM
I agree that the Orc is the best new disc out there. The disc just keeps on flying, too bad my home course is short and I only use it on two holes. I can't wait to start playing tournaments this year, see how the other New England courses are, hopefully can use the Orc more.

I agree with Chase: Pats vs Falcons superbowl

MDR_3000
Jan 19 2005, 11:07 AM
there is no logical way you can say the Falcons can beat the Iggles

Jan 19 2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah Todd I agree with you. Even in the longest configuration of our course, I can only use the orc on 1 hole. In fact I do not take out my Orc unless I have about 400ft of wide open space in front of me. I cannot wait untill the DX Orc is released, I hope it will be a farther disc then the DX Beast.

20460chase
Jan 19 2005, 01:24 PM
Logical? ...Logical?...Who said anything about Logical?

Its funny to me how you cant throw the Orc unless theres 400ft of space in front of you.Its all about angles,man.I think its fun to sky-hyser Orcs.They also make super skippers.Ive played with people that only use a Orc,Roc and Putter,and they couldnt throw the Roc far at all.Its a very controllable disc.IMO. Annnd,its FULL!!!

circle_2
Jan 19 2005, 02:43 PM
Any rough landings are gonna hurt the delicate wing of a dx Orc. Am looking forward to getting one too...for those longer wide open shots! :cool:

Jan 19 2005, 02:47 PM
where can i get a dx orc? i didn't know they were out yet :confused:

Jan 19 2005, 02:48 PM
I believe the DX orc is still in production. I am about to check innova and zone driven to see if anything is new.

Feb 25 2005, 04:32 PM
The results are in and the winner is...THE ORC in a landslide!!!

140 votes for the Orc. The Flash barely came in 2nd with 29 votes and the Sidewinder came in 3rd with 28 votes.

For manufacturer totals, Innova discs received 169 votes, Discraft received 55 votes, Gateway received 37 votes and Ching got 9 votes.

I'm curious to see how the much hyped Quarter K will do in next years poll. Will one of the big 3 be able to take it down? We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks to everyone that voted.

gdstour
Feb 25 2005, 05:33 PM
TJ,
Thanks for the poll!
It would be nice to see 1000's of votes though!