Dec 28 2004, 03:08 AM
ssia

bschweberger
Dec 28 2004, 03:18 AM
This is when you take an understable disc, release it with the tip down, and the disc will turn up and fly straight and even turnover.

Dec 28 2004, 05:02 AM
http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/angles.shtml

That article might help. If not, ask more questions : )

MTL21676
Dec 28 2004, 10:24 AM
they are best used in woods courses - its when you want the disc to flip later in its flight

Dec 28 2004, 03:10 PM
I have a tendency to "over-throw" discs and send them sailing to the right. Also, often I think I have a natural overhand throw, which makes the disc anhyzer(sp).

So to correct it, I put some hyzer on my shots. They seem to fly with a hyzer angle for a while and then staighten out to have a nice flight path.

When I use discs, for example a Gazelle or a Cheetah, I put a ton of hyzer on them to fly staight. Or I can vary the degree of hyzer to make them fly the way I want. These techniques are all dependent on whether or not I'm having a good day, mind you.

So am I using the hyzer flip when I'm doing this?

Dec 28 2004, 05:40 PM
Sounds like it to me. (like you are doing hyzer flips) If you don't throw too far and the discs are really turning over on you alot, you might be over torquing the disc alot, and should try working on your form, pay attention to if your wrist is rolling clockwise when you finish your throw. If you can throw far and the discs are turning over cause you have lots of power, maybe you could try looking at some more overstable discs?

MTL21676
Dec 29 2004, 12:36 AM
any time you release a disc with hyzer and it stands up and turns right (or left for a lefty), thats a hyzer flip

Dec 29 2004, 02:39 AM
A Hyser flip is where you release the disc with a hyser angle and it flips flat or even starts to turn over. Good way to get big distance and controled s-curves.

Dec 29 2004, 02:39 PM
First of all I acknowledge that everyone has given a correct answer, but here is the Disc Golf for Dummies version... if you are right handed
you release the disc and it looks like this.... /
then it turns to look like this... --
and in some cases keeps turning (not all do and some stay flat) and end up looking like this.... \
All rotations are done in the clockwise direction...
That is the simplest way to describe it and allows people unfamiliar with DG lingo to get it.

gnduke
Jan 01 2005, 01:16 AM
Also read this thread:
http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=236599&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

morgan
Jan 19 2005, 06:34 AM
Hyzer flip: n. hY'zer flip'

A throw used by people who can't throw side arm

Jan 19 2005, 11:06 AM
...wouldn't that be an anhyzer (a left to right shot RHBH)? :confused:
I thought a hyzer flip was another word for a flex shot, when the disc was released with a little hyzer, flips flat, then turned over for a while and then went bak into the fade left portion of its flight?

Quoted brom Blakes site:

"Utilizing this relationship will help you achieve various types of shots more easily. Many people want to throw a hyzer that flattens and then travels flat or turns over. I refer to this type of throw as a hyzer flip. These throws will require a nose down orientation on launch and this translates into a required trajectory slightly off to the left (5-15 degrees) of center. Throwing the disc straight out or to the right will yield an overstable flight. "

vwkeepontruckin
Jan 19 2005, 01:50 PM
...wouldn't that be an anhyzer (a left to right shot RHBH)? :confused:
I thought a hyzer flip was another word for a flex shot, when the disc was released with a little hyzer, flips flat, then turned over for a while and then went bak into the fade left portion of its flight?

Quoted brom Blakes site:

"Utilizing this relationship will help you achieve various types of shots more easily. Many people want to throw a hyzer that flattens and then travels flat or turns over. I refer to this type of throw as a hyzer flip. These throws will require a nose down orientation on launch and this translates into a required trajectory slightly off to the left (5-15 degrees) of center. Throwing the disc straight out or to the right will yield an overstable flight. "

You are correct sir.

gnduke
Jan 19 2005, 06:17 PM
Not quite.

An anhyzer shot is one that is released (RHBH) with anhyzer angle (the outside edge is higher than the inside edge).

This is opposed to:

A turnover shot where an understable disc is released with hyzer angle, but flips to an anhyzer angle after release and flies to the right, but doesn't ever really tail to the left.

An S shot where a disc is released with hyzer angle, flips to an anhyzer angle, flies to the right for most of it's flight, but tails to the left before landing.

A hyzer-flip shot where the disc is released with hyzer angle, flips up flat and flies in nearly a straight line for most of it's flight before tailing left at the end.

Jan 19 2005, 06:49 PM
A hyzer-flip shot where the disc is released with hyzer angle, flips up flat and flies in nearly a straight line for most of it's flight before tailing left at the end.

Isn't that called a flattened hyzer?

Jan 19 2005, 06:51 PM
Just going by Blakes websited though...

Understanding Nose Angles and Trajectory (http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/angles.shtml)

gnduke
Jan 19 2005, 07:07 PM
I haven't read through that page on his site before.

There are many throws that start as hyzer-flips, the amount of flip defines the type of throw. What I call hyzer-flips are low line-drive shots that are basically straight in flight from release until they fade out. Usually they hit the ground before fading out very far. I'll have to read through that page and see how it fits with what I use.

savard1120
Feb 04 2005, 01:43 PM
pickles is geigh

Jeff_Peters
Feb 04 2005, 11:21 PM
wasn't there another thread on this topic?

it's funny it's known as a "hyzer-flip" when the disc actually files straight or turns over, I throw a 165g beat-in SE Valk, very fun to let go in an open space and watch it work

Jeff_Peters
Feb 04 2005, 11:25 PM
Also works well in the woods for the long-turnover shots you cant yank the big anhyzer out, when it misses the trees :confused:

Feb 06 2005, 03:46 AM
Hyzer -Flip. it starts out HYZER, then FLIPS whats so difficult to see about that term