Nov 06 2004, 07:48 PM
I've been playing for two summers now and I started to really get good at driving with a DX plastic Tee-Bird and Valkerie. I am a disc hunter and I found a lot of discs (many Champion plastic discs) and I started to use them to see how they feel. The result is about 50 less feet of drive and quite often a lot more curve to the right at the end of my drive (I throw lefty). I know that CE discs are more overstable but aren't they supposed to fly further? Maybe I'm not ready to drive (tomahawk and everything else works fine though) with CE plastic disc yet. Can anyone explain what's going on?

greenbeard
Nov 06 2004, 09:54 PM
playing for just a bit over two years m'self, I came to realize I can't throw nice plastic as far as my dx teebird. Unfortunately, when I started, I started with some plastic that was waaaay out of my league. It took over a year to realize I don't have the arm to use them effectively; they're pretty much almost all shelved, with one or two exceptions. The first firebird I had was a real nice candy, but it was crap in my hands. I went and bought a dx firebird, and lo and behold... a bit less crap. Before that, I got a kc pro roc, and got my first ace using it last month. My latest aquisition is a dx cobra that I'm learning rollers with... and I love it.

So, I guess go DX until you can get the candies to obey? That's what I'm doing.

Nov 06 2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks man. Yeah, maybe I'll shelve some of the candies that aren't working for me.

Nov 07 2004, 02:18 AM
I have found that DX flies farther then Champion.

Personal best with a DX Beast - 450ft
Personal best with a Candy Beast same weight same distance competition and same flight path - 430ft

Also DX does tend to be less stable then candy. I have a set of DX discs for tournaments in the rain. And my dx leopard took only two throws before it started turning the way I wanted it too compared to 30 days of its champion counterpart. As well my DX Firebird flies alot farther before the fade starts then my champion one does. Throw what works best for you. I throw all champion or Z plastic because I throw hard and if I hit a tree it can really mess up a DX or Elite X disc.