Nov 01 2004, 05:42 PM
We'd like to invite you all to the 2005 msdgc. Attached is a short promotional snippet from the soon to be released 2004 msdgc DVD.

We know several areas that need improvement. We do not fully believe the gracious words we received at awards, but we appreciate them, and will strive to make them true next year.

www.msdgc.com/MSDGC_intro.mpg (http://www.msdgc.com/MSDGC_intro.mpg)

okcacehole
Nov 01 2004, 05:48 PM
One of those putts flies over another basket and into a Discatcher above it?? Was he way off the fairway or something?

Nice editing and clean quality though...Good Luck...MASS is a little too far from Texas :)

ozdisc
Nov 01 2004, 05:54 PM
Great job Jason. I look forward to sharing some ideas with you very soon. Yeti speaks very highly of you :D

Thanks
Chris

chris
Nov 01 2004, 06:20 PM
The course had 2 sets of baskets on every hole, one set are chainstars and the other are discatchers. Theres one hole where the baskets are literally within 5' of eachother and if you park the hole you still have to putt around the other basket (kinda funny if you ask me). On a totally different note, MSDGC 04' was the best run tournament I have every played, and I've played 75+ pro tournaments in the last 3 years! It's one tournament I will never miss, it's worth the 18 hour drive out there :D !!

ronturner
Nov 01 2004, 06:41 PM
That video looks great. Can't wait to see the whole DVD...

I've been spreading the word about this tournament all around wherever I play. It will be huge next year!

DweLLeR
Nov 02 2004, 12:36 AM
Looks and sounds like I need to make a trip east next year!

chris
Nov 02 2004, 01:50 AM
It was defintally worth the trip!! Great Tournament!!!!!

topdog
Nov 02 2004, 07:13 AM
I am guessing this is a Pro only event.

Nov 02 2004, 08:26 AM
Room for 72 Pros and 72 Ams. Thanks Ron and Chris. Here's the pre-registration list so far:

Bob Graham (Bob was the first to sign up for this year's event, too)

As far as the DVD goes, most of the credit has to go to Steve Dodge (the rest to the camera crew), who has put together one heck of a video.

chris
Nov 02 2004, 12:02 PM
I can't wait to see the dvd, when do you think it will be finished and sent out? I know the last tournament that did this didn't send it out for almost 10 months.

Nov 02 2004, 05:50 PM
The DVD back-end files were sent to Triple Disc yesterday. We expect to be shipping in December and getting them to your doors in time for the holidays!

So far everything looks awesome, sounds awesome, is awesome. Pre-order today at www.msdgc.com (http://www.msdgc.com)!

See you all next year, when we ramp it up a bit now that we kind of know what we're doing.

Moderator005
Nov 02 2004, 07:14 PM
The course had 2 sets of baskets on every hole, one set are chainstars and the other are discatchers. Theres one hole where the baskets are literally within 5' of eachother and if you park the hole you still have to putt around the other basket (kinda funny if you ask me). On a totally different note, MSDGC 04' was the best run tournament I have every played, and I've played 75+ pro tournaments in the last 3 years! It's one tournament I will never miss, it's worth the 18 hour drive out there :D !!

It's a private course that plays on a restricted amount of land. Using the limited land available, the design and layout are exceptional; and for the most part, the basket locations are staggered far enough away from each other that they play very differently. Some may even play as a whole stroke par difference. There are one or two holes however where the baskets are placed very close to each other, and controversially so.

In the picture below, notice the yellow Chainstar polehole just above and to the right of the silver polehole.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/courses/holes/pyramids/8_3.jpg

Nov 03 2004, 09:12 AM
For a more comprehensive view of Hole 8, you can go here:

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/courses_pyramids_holes.html

and click on Hole 8 (or any other hole you would like to review.-) We are retooling Maple Hill and will be posting updated photos throughout the year.

On a different note - all of the Pros that attended the MSDGC will get a complimentary copy of the DVD. This DVD will arrive in the mail at the address we have on file for you. Please email us if you would like to update your mailing address. We expect to ship in December - in time for Christmas!

mattdisc
Nov 03 2004, 11:37 AM
Jason/Steve,

Looking forward to viewing the MSDGC DVD, guess I'll have to get a DVD player. Another nice touch from the best tournament in NEFA history!! :cool:

Nov 03 2004, 01:57 PM
So many people just hate Pyramids Hole 5, and I suspect the people who say they like it are just trying to provoke the others. Even my wife hates it. Steve, the pictures show just the Chainstar. Where's the Discatcher? Was it taken pre-Discatcher or did you do some more of your graphical magic?

snoophaney
Nov 04 2004, 12:01 AM
Matt, it's almost 2005 you should have a DVD player by now. How about a Playstation for your kids, it serves as a dvd. :cool:

Steve & Jason, great job so far on the video! Looking forward to seeing the entire movie and we can't wait to make the trip back up norf. :D

mattdisc
Nov 04 2004, 09:31 AM
Walt,

My sons got me Game Cube for Fathers Day. They even let me play once in awhile, would that work?? :)

Nov 04 2004, 11:55 AM
Someone on the NEFA site pointed out that our DVD link was broken. It is now fixed - and we have tied in a killer disc special with it. Check it out at:

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/

Steve Dodge

PS. I think the Game Cube uses smaller discs. You would need an X-Box or a PS2. I'd recommend an X-Box because Halo 2 is coming out in 5 days!

Chris Hysell
Nov 04 2004, 07:03 PM
Hey Steve.

snoophaney
Nov 04 2004, 10:51 PM
Hey Chris

Nov 04 2004, 10:52 PM
Hey Chris! Your OB shot on MH Hole 1 (the one that bounced over the wall) made the cut! That's Entertainment!

Chris Hysell
Nov 07 2004, 06:45 PM
Why not, it was a beautiful shot. Silly OB.

Moderator005
Dec 03 2004, 11:30 AM
So many people just hate Pyramids Hole 5, and I suspect the people who say they like it are just trying to provoke the others. Even my wife hates it. Steve, the pictures show just the Chainstar. Where's the Discatcher? Was it taken pre-Discatcher or did you do some more of your graphical magic?

Here are some good photos of hole 5 that I found on Kraig Steffen's website. Oh yeah, get your MSDGC DVD orders in!

http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/lsteffen/pyrdoubles03/images/prevs/prev3.jpg

http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/lsteffen/pyrdoubles03/images/prevs/prev8.jpg

http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/lsteffen/pyrdoubles03/images/prevs/prev4.jpg

Get your MSDGC DVD orders in!

underparmike
Dec 03 2004, 04:26 PM
what? i gets me a free DVD for christmas?

there really is a santa claus! no one has ever done something so nice for me...marshall street, you changed my whole life! someone does care for me after all. sniff. :D

Dec 18 2004, 10:00 PM
Um, I guess I forgot how to navigate this site. I'm just wondering, though, did anybody else notice there's about eight pages of stuff missing? Why would it be deleted? Especially, why would such a large chunk of various opinions by various people be deleted? No, it can't be.

Must be a computer glitch.

bschweberger
Dec 18 2004, 10:18 PM
I feel so...so... violated

Chris Hysell
Dec 18 2004, 11:36 PM
t must be a glitch if they deleted my posts. I made the PDGA. I am the PDGA. The PDGA is me.

hawkgammon
Dec 18 2004, 11:40 PM
Most disturbing of all is that they left the photo of that guys butt.

bschweberger
Dec 19 2004, 01:30 AM
You know you like that butt Hawk. :eek: :D

cromwell
Dec 19 2004, 01:32 AM
ok, see... it's one thing to handle situations. it's another to remove 5+ (the aforementioned 8 may be closer to correct) pages of posts entirely as if they never happened. that shz1t just ain't right. I mean heck... at least if you DO, man up and make a post to the thread saying something about the action. hiding behind administrator access does nothing to help PR for the pdga. you want to talk about dictatorial actions? grow a set folks, c'mon

Dec 19 2004, 03:30 AM
Now I am hoping that the MSDGC will NOT be an NT event this year. I don't want to see anyone related to this organization getting any of my money, and more importantly, any of Jason, Kelley, Lick, and Steve's money. They are the ones that earned it, they should keep it.

Chris Hysell
Dec 19 2004, 11:25 AM
DVD's by Christmas?

It doesn't look likely. Another Marshall Street/PDGA conspiracy.

Dec 19 2004, 03:18 PM
The DVDs will be shipped on January 2nd. We are running late with them and while I remembered to email all of the folks who have pre-ordered them, I forgot to email all of the Pros who participated in the 04 MSDGC.

This was my mistake. The DVDs being late is partially my mistake. The opinions expressed in this email may or may not reflect my opinions, the opinions of the PDGA, and Mikey Kiernan.

Dec 19 2004, 03:20 PM
Steve Dodge's computer is broken. It broke Friday night. Steve Dodge is now using Jason's computer to communicate with the world. The previous post, and this post, were both typed by Steve Dodge.

Really,

Steve Dodge

Chris Hysell
Dec 19 2004, 07:21 PM
Hey Steve

Dec 19 2004, 10:58 PM
When one post is deleted all replies to it are deleted with it. There is no easy way around it.

Dec 19 2004, 11:37 PM
Hmmm ... what an interesting turn of events with this thread. I'm with Cromwell on this one and find it disconcerting to learn of the actions, and the way that these actions have come about from the PDGA concerning the MSDGC, those involved, and this thread.

When I joined NEFA to support our local disc golf scene, I learned about the PDGA and it's work at the national level and of course joined. I looked at it like a partnership - working for the greater good of the sport.

Lately my perception of this partnership has become tainted, no thanks in part with the way the PDGA has decided to become the heavy in this situation (where's the partnership?).

I've seen and experienced the good up here with the MSDGC and all that they strive for. I think that will continue to grow and expand with the dedication of all those involved, with or without the PDGA ... they have that kind of vision!

So then, all that being said, where does this perceived partnership stand in light of these recent events? Some of us in NEFA land are begining to become growingly frustrated ... :confused:

cromwell
Dec 20 2004, 11:19 AM
When one post is deleted all replies to it are deleted with it. There is no easy way around it.

Click 'Edit' of offending post
Delete content
Preferably add a note of why post was edited by admin
Click 'Update'

not easy?

Dec 20 2004, 12:23 PM

Click 'Edit' of offending post
Delete content
Preferably add a note of why post was edited by admin
Click 'Update'

not easy?

We don't delete. We move. You can't move just a single post. If you can figure that out, let me know. The only thing I can figure out is to move the offending post, then move all others back (which creates a new thread, i.e. this thread), then move the next one out, then move the others back, then move the next one out, then move the rest back, and so on. You would eventually have 2 to 8 (in this case) threads all of the same title.

The best solution is for folks to behave themselves and follow the rules. PMs, Emails, and best of all Phone calls could avoid a lot of this stuff.

cromwell
Dec 20 2004, 02:45 PM
without admin rights, you know i can't "figure it out". altho if you want to give me them..... :D:p