magilla
Oct 06 2004, 08:37 PM
Does anyone out there had to submit a "Plan" for concrete tees. I have to get in a proposal asap for a course in our area and the county wants to see a general "Plan" of what we are intending to do. I could always make some up myself but time is critical, so I was hoping maybe someone had something I could use.

This basically would be a "Blueprint" of the TeePad construction. Showing Forms, Base, Rebar/Wire Mesh, etc..

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....... :D

And Stafford Lake would Thank You :eek:

Anyone??

idahojon
Oct 06 2004, 10:15 PM
Not really a blueprint, but a place to start:

Tee Pads (http://www.innovadiscs.com/coursedesign/course12.htm)

You may have seen this already, but thought it might be helpful.

specialk
Oct 06 2004, 11:32 PM
Take out a piece of paper, a pencil and a straight-edge.

Draw a rectangle on the paper and write the following text next to it:
5'x12'x4" thick Portland Cement Concrete slab, rough broom finish, 2% slope to drain. Install flush with surrounding ground.

magilla
Oct 06 2004, 11:50 PM
Take out a piece of paper, a pencil and a straight-edge.

Draw a rectangle on the paper and write the following text next to it:
5'x12'x4" thick Portland Cement Concrete slab, rough broom finish, 2% slope to drain. Install flush with surrounding ground.

Nice try Specail K but we are in NorCal not in Iowa :)

They want true "Plans" as if it were something that had to be submitted to a Building Department for Permit.

I have ACAD and have the ability to do something of this nature, But I figured that someone, somewhere has had to do something similar in the past and would have this available.

Time is critical as I need to have approvals and Install done before it starts Raining :(

girlie
Oct 07 2004, 12:21 AM
Craiger has a great plan for modular cement tee pads - there are a few in at Seneca and I hear they are easy and cost effective.

flyboy
Oct 07 2004, 11:46 AM
Fly pads would work great with all the rain you have.A concrete slab is called a foundation in the contruction field.Not all parks or forests want 18 or more foundations that the may have to remove witch costs more than to install.Rubber does not crack in winter or turn into a block of ice concrete is made of water.Fly pads are porous water goes through them.Measure twice cut once.Fly pads best in all conditions. ;)

magilla
Oct 07 2004, 03:33 PM
Fly pads would work great with all the rain you have.A concrete slab is called a foundation in the contruction field.Not all parks or forests want 18 or more foundations that the may have to remove witch costs more than to install.Rubber does not crack in winter or turn into a block of ice concrete is made of water.Fly pads are porous water goes through them.Measure twice cut once.Fly pads best in all conditions. ;)

Best for twisting a Knee or Ankle :p

As far as better, then I guess you have not been to Napa? :(

My gravel Tees that are currently there are better than ANY FlyPad could ever be.

I want concrete..period..its either that or " 1/4" minus Blue Shale" :o

Oct 07 2004, 05:39 PM
wow, you want just what your asking for, Concrete. I swear that is what the title says on this thread.

flyboy
Oct 07 2004, 07:00 PM
Mike you should think what is best fot the city and not yourself. Will you be around if they need to be removed :confused:.And whos land is it? :D:p

magilla
Oct 07 2004, 07:43 PM
Mike you should think what is best fot the city and not yourself. Will you be around if they need to be removed :confused:.And whos land is it? :D:p

Well, If you want to get technical....Its MINE. :eek:
I hold an Open ended lease on the land for $1 per Year and Im paid up thru 2012 :D
I just need to get approvals on any "Changes" we make to the "Environment".

We actually did have 1 FlyPad out there for a little while...for some reason that is the spot that the Bobcat loves to take a "Dump" :eek: Its been removed due to damage from an individual who likes to play in Metal Baseball cleats :p

Its not that I HATE FlyPads Its just not what I or anyone else in our club wants.

specialk
Oct 07 2004, 11:56 PM
Actually, I may have something on Cad already. If I find it, I'll email it to you.

magilla
Oct 08 2004, 02:18 AM
Actually, I may have something on Cad already. If I find it, I'll email it to you.

:D
:D

Oct 08 2004, 12:32 PM
are the fly pads that were at classic par 3 course available at a discount?

Oct 08 2004, 11:56 PM
We actually did have 1 FlyPad out there for a little while...for some reason that is the spot that the Bobcat loves to take a "Dump" :shocked

Obviously, a commentary on flypads.

flyboy
Oct 09 2004, 12:40 PM
I do not ship one pad so whos pad is it?It sounds like the cat had some cooth.Why get your paws all muddy when you are trying to pinch one out. :oMike I dont think $1 a year buys you the land :eek:

magilla
Oct 09 2004, 08:11 PM
I do not ship one pad so whos pad is it?It sounds like the cat had some cooth.Why get your paws all muddy when you are trying to pinch one out. :oMike I dont think $1 a year buys you the land :eek:

Never said I bought it.....It is a Useage lease where we have the course but do a majority of the up keep. If youve ever been to Stafford you would know to what extent that work load is. :p Its a "Dream Deal" that we really work hard to keep :D

Not sure exactly where the FlyPad came from, But I was assured ot was an Actual FlyPad and not a knock off. It could have been a part of what was for Napa, Im not sure.

Never did I say that the pad was not any good, it just happened to be the spot where the Bobcat liked to hang out and coincidently take a "dump" now and then. The only reason it was eventually removed was the fact that it got "Torn Up" by an individual who wears Steel Baseball Spikes on the course He does wonders for our trails too. :mad:

specialk
Oct 10 2004, 10:29 PM
That guy's going to tear more than pads up wearing those cleats. Way bad for the knees.

magilla
Oct 10 2004, 10:45 PM
That guy's going to tear more than pads up wearing those cleats. Way bad for the knees.

He wont be wearing tham on "Concrete".

We may have finally gotten thru to him...we'll see this winter....

flyboy
Oct 11 2004, 02:20 PM
;)