Jun 11 2004, 03:30 PM
Worth it to buy for $25 + shipping?? Anyone have it and done with it and sell if for cheaper? Cheap place to buy online?

Thanks

flynvegas
Jun 12 2004, 02:07 AM
It's worth the $$. I'm keeping my copy.

terrycalhoun
Jun 21 2004, 09:59 PM
It's not the prettiest thing I've ever seen, but I think it is well worth the money and I highly recommend it.

Just be sure to read it.

matman
Jun 21 2004, 11:43 PM
Were can I get a copy?

flynvegas
Jun 22 2004, 11:02 AM
Were can I get a copy?

Try this discgolfbook.com

I read 1/2 the book on a flight the other day, good stuff. I'm trying work in the sidearm grip he talks about.

matman
Jun 22 2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks Vegas, looks like a great book..

atreau3
Jul 01 2004, 11:24 AM
I just downloaded the book online... printed it out (at work on the laser color printer...looks good so far.

jpinkal
Jul 02 2004, 07:16 PM
I may be way off base on this one, but I thought the book was only OK. It was more of a "fun" read as opposed to being helpfull to my game. I think Scott spent way to much time on the mental aspects of the game. Only a small portion of the book details technique (count the pages).

Don't get me wrong. This book has it's place, but this sport really needs more information on technique. There are hundreds of books on Sports Psych already on the market.

Jul 03 2004, 10:40 PM
Here's my biggest complaint about the Stokely book and video: it does a good job of TELLING you WHAT to do but doesn't do a great job of SHOWING you HOW to do it. I would love to see some drills that can be used in practice. I would love to see how to achieve proper rhythm in your X-Step. Every watch the Golf Academy (or something like that) on the Golf Channel? Something like that would be great.

citysmasher
Jan 20 2007, 09:57 AM
Here's my biggest complaint about the Stokely book and video: it does a good job of TELLING you WHAT to do but doesn't do a great job of SHOWING you HOW to do it. I would love to see some drills that can be used in practice. I would love to see how to achieve proper rhythm in your X-Step. Every watch the Golf Academy (or something like that) on the Golf Channel? Something like that would be great.

Ding DING DING DING!!!!

No #$*&$!. The videos are no better.

DG has yet to discover the "drills" approach.