whorley
May 27 2004, 12:05 PM
Hello, I'm starting a thread for the Piedmont DGC of Virginia. We are a new club that is forming in Central and Southwest VA. Please feel free to post questions, set up tee-times with friends, or chat with local disc golfers.

Chris Hysell
May 27 2004, 12:22 PM
Are there any more computers in your area or will it just be the two of us posting here?

whorley
May 27 2004, 12:27 PM
I bet there's a couple of lurkers out there...

Jeff_Peters
May 29 2004, 07:11 PM
Yo! Whassup? Rocky Mount, VA here. Had a blast at Appomattox last Saturday. I'll be looking to get down there again in the next couple of weekends, since I know the "double-secret" location of course. I'll try to let you know in avdance so we can have another gathering. Later!

whorley
Jun 09 2004, 01:11 PM
Here's a few tournaments that happen in the area.

Every Thursday at Peaks View Park in Lynchburg there is random doubles at 4:00. There is no entry fee, with CTP's and an Ace Pool. This tournament is run by the Piedmont DGC. After doubles there is an informal singles tournament. Everyone is welcome! Come and meet Frank "El Guapo" Gonzalez who signs autographs weekly. :D

In Christiansburg, there is a monthly tournament the first Saturday of every month. Registration ends at 9:45. Two rounds, Ace Pool, CTP's, good competition.

e-mail me if you want more info

whorley
Dec 07 2004, 12:57 AM
The Piedmont DGC and Hill Billy Huckers are proud to announce Winter League 2005. The league will consist of eight one-day tournaments that run on Saturdays from December 12 through February 26. WL2005 will showcase the courses of Western Virginia including Elk Creek DGC in Appomattox, Peaks View Park in Lynchburg, Fishburn Park in Roanoke, Golden Hills in Christiansburg and Timber Ridge DGC in Lowry. The awards ceremony will be held on March 5 at Golden Hills at lunchtime.

WL2005 is a points series with a simple format. Two divisions will be offered (Open and Am). One point will be awarded for entering, one point for each person beaten or tied in the division and the winner of each division gets one bonus point. A players best six finishes may be used in the final results.

Each two-round tournament is a separate function with modest entry fees. A portion of the entry fee at each one-day tournament will be withheld. This money goes toward a trophy that will have the Open and Am division winners names engraved on it, payout for the top four Ams and a �Skins Match� for the top four Open point leaders to be held at the awards ceremony. Rec and Junior divisions will also be offered at each tournament. Ace Pool will be offered for $1 with every unclaimed prized going towards final payout.

Please check out more at our brand new website (http://hometown.aol.com/PiedmontDiscGolf/PiedmontDiscGolf/) !!!

whorley
Dec 15 2004, 08:53 AM
A few changes were made to the format that I made bold

The Piedmont DGC and Hill Billy Huckers are proud to announce Blue Ridge Area Winter League 2005. The league will consist of eight one-day tournaments that run on Saturdays from December 12 through February 26. BRAWL 2005 will showcase the courses of Western Virginia including Elk Creek DGC in Appomattox, Peaks View Park in Lynchburg, Fishburn Park in Roanoke, Golden Hills in Christiansburg and Timber Ridge DGC in Lowry. The awards ceremony will be held after completion of the final tournament at Timber Ridge DGC.

Registration ends at 9:40, tee off at 10:00. Open $10, Am $5, Ladies/Rec/Junior $2. Ace Pool will be offered for $1.

BRAWL 2005 is a points series with a simple format. Two divisions will be offered (Open and Am). We will follow the ODDS format of points. A player recieves one point for entering, one point for each person beaten and bonus points for the top 5 finishers (7-1st, 4-2nd, 3-3rd-2-4th,1-5th.) A player's best six finishes may be used in the final results.

A portion of the entry fee at each one-day tournament will be withheld from the Open and Am divisions. This money goes toward a trophy that will have the Open and Am division winners names engraved on it, payout for the top four Ams and a �Skins Match� for the top four Open point leaders to be held at the awards ceremony.

Ladies, Rec and Junior divisions will also be offered at each tournament, but do not compete in the points series.
We strongly encourage golfers of all skill levels to attend!

whorley
Jul 14 2005, 04:37 PM
There is a new website for the Piedmont Disc Golf Club of Central VA.

www.PiedmontDGC.com (http://www.PiedmontDGC.com)

chains11864
Jun 07 2007, 06:51 PM
Virginia HAM...I mean SPAM!

7th SHENANDOAH SHAG
SIGNAL KNOB DGC in Strasburg Virginia
JUNE 17th 2007 PDGA C-TIER

ENTRY FEES:
ALL OPEN DIVISIONS $40
ADVANCED AM $35
INTERMEDIATE $25
RECREATIONAL $20
(ALL Intermediate and Recreational Divisions receive disc+mini+sticker with entry)

TIMES:
9:00 CHECK-IN 9:45 PLAYERS MEETING 10:00 START
(Pre-Registration is suggested and will be updated on the PDGA site daily)

Brandon Bailey
[email protected]

INFORMATION:
Added CASH in OPEN divisions�Ace-Pot�CTPs�Trophies
2 rounds of 22 holes @ SIGNAL KNOB DGC

DIRECTIONS:
Call or e-mail Landon Furlong at 540.465.4907 - [email protected]

Checks Payable to - Brandon Bailey - 20344 Burnley Square - Sterling VA 20165

Thank you for supporting the SHENANDOAH SHAG !!!