May 04 2004, 08:58 PM
Today i was just shooting like normal at a local park, and it was a par four that was about 350 feet. I shot a pretty good drive to begin with then i was about 150 feet away from the basket. I brought out my Roc and let it rip hoping just to get close to the basket for a birdie. I knew it was a good shot went i let it go but i didnt know how great the outcome was going to be. So from 150 feet (Aprox.) i nailed the basket. I settled for an Eagle.

MARKB
May 04 2004, 09:02 PM
par 4? There are no par 4's in disc golf ;) Nice birdie ... :)

Yeah, pretty much my longest "fairway ace" would probably be about 125-150 with a roc... the longest "putt" is probably around 75 feet but I have hit more than a few of those.

May 04 2004, 10:08 PM
Longest putt I ever made: 17 at Hoover...for double bogey. Threw into woods on left, and couldn't get it out. After 4 shots, finally a bit free. Had no idea how far the hole was...Tomahawked a Cheetah, and it hit chains...don't know the distance...probably 150-160 feet.

shanest
May 04 2004, 10:18 PM
I had just traded an APX for an Aviar after my previous one was taken by dog's teeth.
I was on a ~250 hole with a fairly tough to navigate fairway. I clomped a tree and was about 125-150 out. I walked to my lie, basically a dead straight shot and said "hey, let's see what this Aviar can do".
Mind you, this was when I was still new to the game and couldn't shoot half as consistently as I do now.
So I whipped out the Aviar, released it dead straight, it went dead straight, smacked into the middle of the chains and fell. I used that disc forever and it now is tacked on my wall.
On another note, williethekid had a shot a couple months ago from nearly the same exact location. He took out a Z MRV and sunk it just like my Aviar.

Longest drive would just be on an open field hole here, approxamitely but just south of 400 feet with an Orc. It was basically just a strong rip, not too memorable. It could happen anyday with the right throw and wind.
Most memorable... On a straight shot with woods on both sides, I had major grip lock and sent the disc sailing to the right. It had good height and actually cleared the woodline into the field, then s-curved back and landed about 10 feet from the basket!

May 04 2004, 11:25 PM
My coolest "putt" was probably when I was about 150' out. I pulled out my X Challenger and threw it. Now it was wet out so of course, the challenger left my hand a little early, and was heading straight for a tree next to the basket. It hit the tree and rolled down a branch right into the basket!!

My most memorable shots have been on downhill holes, cause its fun to see discs fly that long. There is a hole at my local course that is about 420' long. You shoot off a hill about 25' up through a little hole in the trees. Then your disc travels about 300' across a baseball field. Then it has to go through another small hole in the trees at the other side of the field. From there its about 90' to the basket. Its really cool to park this hole, especially with wasps!

williethekid
May 04 2004, 11:40 PM
Shanest i remember that shot, I had just traded you that aviar if I remember it correctly. Most memerable shot wasnt the one you talked about though. Mine was on hole 7 at cranbury park. Hole is a sharp anhyzer about 250 feet long, but it plays longer due to the high and outta the way path you hafta take. Threw a Firebird off the tee(forehand) and hit a tree to b about 125 out with tons of trees and basically no shot. Whipped out my X-Stratus and proceeded to throw a tomahawk into the chains. Two rounds later made the same shot from about the same spot. Very memerable. Best shot I ever had that wasnt meant to b was on hole 19 at the same park. About a 550ft open hole I was about 200-250 out a threw my roc which bounced off the right side of the basket. Next round bounced a buzzzzz off the left side of the basket, guess it wasnt meant to b :(

May 05 2004, 03:58 AM
the putt that i remember the best waws last year at tourist park on hole one, my drive landed just short of a crabapple tree, about 50 ft short of the basket, but i had almost no shot. apler pondering it for a second i let my wizard go on a knife hyzer. that shot was better than the ace i had 2 holes later. played the front 9 -8 that day.

May 05 2004, 08:50 AM
Most memorable drive was on hole #7 at Hoover/Hambrick, with the pin in the B position (down the hillside). Parked a Teebird right under the basket. I am a weenie arm, so to do this was quite a kick for me.

Most memorable putt was on one of the extra holes. I was about 60-70 feet from the basket. I just had a feeling I was going ot have a good putt, so I told my buddy to watch this, I am going to do something special. I never try to brag -- but for some reason, I just felt like I was going to hit this putt, and it was going to be fun. He smiled and watched, and I put the thing right in. Both of us got a big kick out of it -- he was as excited as I was. That is part of the fun of the game. Watching a good (or lucky) shot is exciting whether it is yours or somebody else's.

tafe
May 05 2004, 08:56 AM
#27 at Brooksville. I hit the front of the green!! I know it's way downhill, I know the wind was perfect, but so what. That's over 700 feet!! Ka-flippin-BOOM!!! I'll try to top it this weekend. :D

quickdisc
May 05 2004, 09:51 AM
#27 at Brooksville. I hit the front of the green!! I know it's way downhill, I know the wind was perfect, but so what. That's over 700 feet!! Ka-flippin-BOOM!!! I'll try to top it this weekend. :D

Had a drive hit a tree 10 feet off the tee pad. Upshot from 370 went in for the birdie. Upshot/putt was longer than the drive. :eek:

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 10:23 AM
Mmmmm, long putts and memorable shots. Those are daily occurences.

Here's one I'll share. Last weekend at the Crosstown, I threw a lame tee shot on hole 16 at Zebulon. It hyzered up onto the hill and the basket was totally blocked by woods, about 180ft away. I threw a high, spike hyzer around the woods and it went in. Then it bounced out. No one said this had to have a happy ending.

bfunkyp
May 05 2004, 10:43 AM
The first time I ever played, I hit a put with an Eagle (the only disc I owned at the time) from 50-60 feet for a birdie. That was the moment that got me hooked.

sandalbagger
May 05 2004, 10:50 AM
lots of them but right now I'm thinking about a 197 foot sidearm birdie I made at Knob Hill after the PFDO in 2001. I was was right on hole 11 before the woods, and just threw this bullet of a sidearm through a 2 foot by 2 foot gap. It was really zinging through the woods when finally it snagged some chains for the bird. **** that was a nice shot!!! Brilliant!

gang4010
May 05 2004, 10:54 AM
USDGC a couple years ago, I think it was the final round Hole #5 - 1054' with the lake on the left the whole way. Threw a good drive - but the second shot dribbled into the water. Third shot over the water with a proto whippett went in from about 375' for a circle 4 (birdie!!) :)

quickdisc
May 05 2004, 10:56 AM
Had another drive ,shanked it towards the street ,20 feet from OB. Threw a Tee-bird instead of my Roc upshot because the hole was wooded and 160 further than I thought. The Tee-bird bounced off a tree 10 from the basket and went in for the bird.
Hacker. :D

vwkeepontruckin
May 05 2004, 11:04 AM
I finished the final round of a tournament with a par that took a 35' putt to get. Turns out, had I missed it, I would have been in a 4 way tie for 1st. It was more memorable in hindsight!!

May 05 2004, 12:17 PM

Actually there are par 4's in disc golf, many of them at Ozark Mountain, Winthrop Gold, and several other world class courses. However, I don't think that a 350' hole would qualify. I don't mean to be too picky, but in order for the sport to evolve I really feel that we all need to get out of the mindset that every hole is a par 3.

atreau3
May 05 2004, 01:34 PM
My most memorable putt sealed my first ever tournament win...

I had a tough first round in a tournament and was 5 strokes behind the leader. I managed to be in the lead group (albeit fourth). As the round progressed i found myself chipping away at the lead. At our last hole, he was 1 up on me. He throws his drive (forehand roller) through the tight wooded hole and about 40 feet from the hole hits a root and veers off to the left and goes right into the water! Seeing major possibilities ahead, i throw a VERY controlled forehand roller to about 60 feet from the pin. The other player retrieves his disc from the water, taking a one stroke penalty and approaches the basket... hits some trees and leaves him about 25 feet from the hole. Too long story short, he misses his putt and ends up with a 5. I nailed my 60 footer to take a 2 and my first tourny win... needless to say he was ******... he was leading 35/36 holes...

p.s. this tourny got me absolutely HOOKED!

jmonny
May 05 2004, 01:46 PM
Farm Life #4, the first hole that dives back into the woods. My first shot hits a tree about 40-50 ft up the fairway. Had a very tight slight hyzer approach with only the top of the basket visible because of the elevation change. Threw a brand new Classic Roc dead into the chains. Walked it in about 70 full steps, so 200-210 feet. No aces for me yet, but that one gave me a taste.

Jake L
May 05 2004, 02:52 PM
Hole 12 at ECU, I had been playing for about 6-10 months and started getting serious, wanted to play/throw better, got some pointers from Barry Sealy, bought a new disc, the raven (black) and was ready to conquer the course. Stepped up to the tee, threw the first 300 ft shot of my life! Of all the throws I have thrown, that is the one that "hooked" me on Disc Golf!

chris
May 05 2004, 02:59 PM
The best fairway ace I've ever seen is from my roommate. He hit around a 375' fairway ace for a duece on hole 18 at McNaught Park! That's an 800+ foot hole!

cbdiscpimp
May 05 2004, 03:01 PM
My most memorable putt i would have to say was the 80-90 ft jump putt that i made at Hudson Mills this year during the No Foolin Tournament on Sunday. I will remember it FOREVER because i also have it on video. It was windy as all hell that day and i was trying to make something happen. Im standing about 80-90 feet out the wind whipping in my face and i was like LAY UP??? Or GO FOR IT. I figured what the hell just go for it. Threw it up on this big loft jump putt line. It hits the from rim and just rolls in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didnt hit a chain untill after it hit the bottom of the basket.

Favorite drive i would have to say my 420 ft Ace on Hole 8 @ Cass Benton from the shorts. Its 385 from pad to basket but the out and around S shot that i threw had to be about 420 :D That and the ace i just had over the weekend at The Kensington on Extra hole C :D

quickdisc
May 05 2004, 03:32 PM

Actually there are par 4's in disc golf, many of them at Ozark Mountain, Winthrop Gold, and several other world class courses. However, I don't think that a 350' hole would qualify. I don't mean to be too picky, but in order for the sport to evolve I really feel that we all need to get out of the mindset that every hole is a par 3.

I agree. We have a ball golf course here in san diego and hole's 1 and 14 are both par fours. Both are over 1200 feet. Yes , with baskets.

boru
May 05 2004, 04:28 PM
My most memorable drive and putt both happened in the same round. After the Hawaii State Championships this year, on Molokai, two friends and I played a triples round against three guys from the Big Island. Oahu hadn't fared too well in the tournament, so the round gave us one last chance to salvage some island pride. It didn't look good though, as two of the Big Island guys had finished in the money - legitimately much better players than us.

We were tied at +1 after three holes. The fourth was short, about 250, with a couple palm trees blocking the straight shot, and some patches of OB, but plenty of room for a hyzer to the right. Everyone else took that route and ended up in safe par range. I had played like crap all weekend, and started the round the same way, but was beginning to find some semblance of a game. I fired a low forehand that snaked through the trees to within feet of the basket. We sank the putt and took the first lead of the match.

On the next hole, we had a good drive, but my friend's approach had hit the basket and rolled away, leaving us 30 feet out, five feet down, and behind a wall of trees. The Big Island guys were looking at an easy par. I putted first for our group. At the last second, I switched to a turbo putt and drained it to save par. We went on to win the round by three strokes and never gave up the tee!

May 05 2004, 07:22 PM
In one tournament, I gave this huge XENA warrior cry and ripped a shoulder muscle on a drive...... but the drive was 350ft! my longest and most painful ever!

May 05 2004, 07:49 PM
I was only playing for about a month. My friend and I decided to go to the local shop and buy a couple of new discs before we went to play 2 courses we hadn't played.

I purchased a 165g MRV. On the 9th hole I threw a newbie shank about 100 ft, I was about 50 ft off the tee and said...hey I need to throw 1 more with the MRV...So I did and BAM!!! A nice 200 ft HYZER line right in the basket....

To this day I still don't know how that happened and I have read every freaking post on the HOW DO I THROW MY MRV thread to try to figure it out.

shanest
May 05 2004, 08:53 PM
Not at the course, but I was in my yard working on my upshots. I'm at a narrow opening between two trees, whip out a Rhyno and throw it. It gets through with a slight right motion, but it falls back right towards the pin. Hits the front of the basket, pops into the chains and then falls out.
Next round, with a Rhyno, I throw a slight annie that heads slightly right and then fades right to the pin. Hits the back of the basket, pops into the chains and then falls out.
So then next go-round, I set up behind a tree about 20, 25 feet in front of me with a Rhyno. Give it some hyzer, it flattens out a bit, fades back to the pin. Hits the chains dead on and sits!
It was pretty hot I must say!

williethekid
May 06 2004, 03:51 PM
The first two shots musta been with a champ rhyno those dont stay in the baskets, the soft rhyno on the otherhand is THE disc for wind putting.

xterramatt
May 07 2004, 08:40 PM
Probably #17 at Brooksville. It's an uphill shot, 380 ft. with an OB cliff on the right. the basket is guarded by palm fronds, and it's all uphill, definitely a righty hole.

I threw my starfire, a little high, and it didn't get flat. it was heading for the cliff, ended up landing over the OB line (a telephone pole). I was at least 150 feet out. I threw my 10X aviar with some hyzer and BAM. circle 3.

Next round I threw the same disc and it flattened and headed right toward the basket. I hit the palm fronds and had an 8 foot putt. Memorable hole.

Most recently I took a 3 on hole 12 at Hornet's Nest with a Super roc and a Champion Stingray. If you don't know it, it is an evil hole.

sandalbagger
May 07 2004, 09:05 PM
I can't get the shot from hole #17 Knob Hill c-pin out of my head from last night. I threw this super fast sidearm shot towards the left ob park road. As soon as I let go, I had that feeling of...this could be the one. As it flew straight for 250 feet, being an FX firebird it started curving in nicely to the right..I KNEW this was gonna be good. Hit the chains dead center with so much impact the chains went all the way from the bottom of the basket almost overtop of the basket. And of course, it fell right beside the basket. All my friends could say was "nice two"

May 07 2004, 11:59 PM
My most memorable drive was up at Sipapu,NM at the mountain course. BEAUTIFUL place. 20 holes on the dry ski runs, among the trees. And the only out of bounds is the river.(Or two meters high-LOL) I'd only been playin for about two months and a buddy of mine (we live in Santa Fe) told me to hop in with him and we went and I'm thinking, cool! We get there and it's Saturday doubles, so we flip and I'm paired with another friend of ours, and we head up to hole #5. I'm a flatlander originally, so everyones laughin, cuz I was about to head rush and all, it's a pretty steep hike to the tee box! All the pairs throw and I'm dead last. The fairway is about 20' across and the trees are 75' tall on both sides. The pin is up on a ledge at the end of a 350'-some long down-slope fairway. It just ate discs up! I think only one person even got close to the basket. And these are all open pro and masters players! I was thinking, great, like I'll even get halfway down there! You know how beginners think. So I make my light-headed drive, dead straight with a Pegasus. Remember those? I thought it would dive left but it didn't. It kept straight at it ! Man, it hit that ledge right under it and almost skipped in! It ended up two feet from the basket and I almost crapped myself! I turn around and they're all lookin at me like," who the hell is THIS ?" They laughed when my buddy told them "Don't worry, he's only been playing two months!" :DFirst visit, first throw on that course. It's kicked my butt pretty much ever since, but, the sun shines even on a dog's @$$ once inna while. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

morgan
May 08 2004, 08:56 AM
I made a memorable putt yesterday. Hole 5 at Warwick, a terrible putt that nicked a tree and bounced in to give me my first deuce on that hole ( a hole that is very rarely deuced even by pros).

mmaclay
May 08 2004, 11:32 AM
Last night, as it was starting to get dark, I birdied hole 16 in Montrose. That hole is 630 ft long and I've never gotten a two on it so it was quite memorable. Almost as good as an ace...maybe better. There have been plenty of aces in Montrose but hole 16 has only been birdied twice. I threw a 161g CE Valk for the drive and it was pretty good. The CE Roc I threw for the 200 ft birdie was just pretty!

May 08 2004, 04:05 PM
:p

the_kid
May 09 2004, 03:43 PM
I have three most memorable drives one was at my home course Macgregor park in houston where I was playing the "A" hole from the ams anyways its 572ft along a busy street. There are trees all the way down the fairway so a roller is your best shot. I was last on the card so i decided to rip a annie over the road, and we started walking thinking it stuck in a tree we got around 50ft down the fairway and we saw it land around 35ft to the right of the basket. I missed the putt but I still was the only 3. :cool:

The second was the 435ft #4 at the powell at tom bass where I was in a playoff with Rob Engle he threw to about 150ft from the pin and I ripped a swim shot that landed conveniently 15ft away which gave me a win in my first try in adv.

The cool part about both of these was that I was still 14years old

The last one was last week when I finally birdied #12 at Jack brooks park which is 518ft. It was a big tailwind and I threw a low laser shot thst I tought ended up really short but when I was looking for the disc I spotted it like 5ft short of the basket.

This isn't really a great putt but it was still cool. It was the last hole of the first day at the Pecan park open and I had a 80ft uphill putt to tie going intom the 2nd round. The guy who was leading was one of my good friends and I said "you know I'm going to make this right" he said I'll give you ten bucks if you do. I pull a jump putt and slam the disc into the centyer of the chains "where's my money." This was cool because I ended up winning by eight and one stroke off the best score in the whole event. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Moderator005
May 10 2004, 09:59 AM
I made a memorable putt yesterday. Hole 5 at Warwick, a terrible putt that nicked a tree and bounced in to give me my first deuce on that hole ( a hole that is very rarely deuced even by pros).

Are you referring to Hole 5 Silver - Silver? If so, then you are talking out of your [*****] yet again.

I have all the results from the 2002 NY States tournament at Warwick. During the first round (Silver - Silver) of this tournament, the hole was deuced by no less than FIVE Open Pro players: Dave Hogg, James Lane, Steve Brinster, Brian Schweberger and Jason Johnson. It was also deuced by a Bard Soleng, who played Advanced at that time and had a 909 rating. Considering the number of players who deuced it in this tournament alone, along with the number of times I have personally deuced it as well as observed others do the same in casusal play, that hardly qualifies as "rarely."

It would be pretty sad if your most memorable putt ever was getting a 2 on this hole only because your putt went in off a tree.

superq16504
May 12 2004, 12:13 AM
oops

superq16504
May 12 2004, 12:27 AM
Sorry about the last post. I had to re-register for this board after the round of golf I played last weekend. The first shot that has to qualify as most memorable was on the 7th hole at Pomona Ks. There was a group of 15 or so golfers gathered for a 5 dollar a man glow doubles event. My partner and I were down two strokes going into the 7th and the team leading was parked. Hole 7 is a 275-300 foot shot that is mostly open with a few trees on the right. I took my Buzz with the glowstick taped on top and very neatly crashed a perfect lined hyzer into the heart of the basket for an ace :cool:. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen I was using a red LED light and you could see the thing glowing in the basket. After some celebration and a few five dollar bills slipping into my wallet I took the tee on the 8th hole a 325 foot hole that is guarded by ob right and long with a large tree that blocks a straight shot. I took my kc tee bird and fired it low and just right of the tree as soon as I let it go I knew it had a chance. I just heard one of the other guys say two in a row as that sweet sweet sound of disc hitting chains violently came to my ears :D. and again you could see it in the hoop. needles to say that is how my partner and I made up two strokes in two holes even though the leaders birdied both holes :p. I had to post this I have never heard of anyone getting back to back aces and the fact that I did it at night well... Oh yea and if you happen to know the kanoli's well let me just say this was at there event so concentration was out of the question and there were 14 other people that were just in awe... ok 15 I was pretty amazed. :p

MTL21676
May 12 2004, 12:51 AM
farthest drive - long drive contest, down 18's fairway at Johnson St. Park in High Point NC - although it was downhill, we ahd to land in the fairway, about 100 feet wide I'd say. The hole is like 400 feet to the back tee, and we tee'd off 117 feet (that I counted) behind the basket. So my drive, which won, was about 517 and dead center fairway.

Most memoriable drive - Hole 17 - Castle Hayne, Wilmington NC - hole was about 460, low celling all the way. I've heard no one has legitmently dueced it (meaning w/ out a fairway ace). I put it about 30 feet away in a PDGA - a guy in the group behind us still says it was the greatest drive he'd ever seen - and still claims that - missed the putt though and took my 3 and missed my chance at history.

Memorable Putt - Just a good old fashioned 60 footer in the pooring rain when I was 12 - longest shot I had ever made at that point. Everyone clapped (it was our last hole, and ppl were watching.) I remember the feeling of everyone clapping and it was then I was hooked on the game I love forever.

johnrock
May 12 2004, 11:10 AM
My most memorable long throw was in Lubbock at a distance contest (13th Annual Buffalo Beano Kite Fly & Frisbee Contest - 1993). Every one got Three throws on a flat field. I was chosen to go first and my first throw went a pretty long way. After throwing the first, I noticed some portable bleachers about two fields over, so I told myself to try to hit those bleachers (not much chance of going that far, but it was something to aim at). Next throw comes out my hand perfect and starts heading for those bleachers. Longest throw ever for me! 563 ft.!!! All three throws were with 180g. Scorpions. I guess the best part of that was earlier in the day, a couple of the locals were running their mouth about how this year they were going to beat me because they had these new "Cyclones". Well, their BEST throws didn't even get within 150 ft. of my WORST throw! I still smile when I remember that day.

seewhere
May 12 2004, 11:49 AM
368 foot ACE in Houston worth $ 866 bucks. $2.35 a foot. :D

May 12 2004, 09:56 PM
Thats nice a little bit on the unbelivable but its is awesome if u did

baldguy
May 13 2004, 01:21 AM
yeah, i wasn't at this tournament, but it's true. I remember it being posted on www.texas10tour.com (http://www.texas10tour.com) in the 'latest news' section for quite some time. It was also posted in the Ziegenbock Texas 10 Tour thread on this forum. I play lots of ZT10s, and i was a bit dissapointed when he cleared the ace pot before I was able to take a shot at it :).

Anyway, my most memorable hole was in Athens, TX, at the 2003 Paul Giles Memorial. 15A is about 250' of grass, then about 120' of pond, then the basket is about 3' fron the edge of the water. so... you can be parked, but still OB :). It was the first round on Sunday, and I was not going to make the cut for the final 18. My First drive on 15A went in the pond. So, I re-teed... second throw in the pond. so... i reteed again, throwing a t-bird which was obviously not my first choice for this situation... and i hit pan! then fell in the pond. of course, since it crossed the OB line on the safe side, i was able to drop-in put for a triple-circle-7. I'll always remember that hole, esp. since I got all the discs back and it was alot of fun.

My longest drive has to be on hole 18 at Cameron East (the BEAST) in Waco, TX. it's about 800' from a low ceiling out of the woods, into an open field. My drive went maybe 300' but it was about 550' from the pin b/c of the angle. then i put my 'upshot' about 40' from the basket. it must've been the most perfect shot I've ever had. i missed the putt, but i was still happy :).

seewhere
May 13 2004, 12:17 PM
it happened. that same course tom bass different weekend I won a basket in a ring of fire. Came down to me and 2 local's Jim Davidson and Don Wilcheck. 3 2 1 throw and mine stayed in.. THANK YOU HOUSTON

dasun
May 13 2004, 12:22 PM
Ace for $200.00 Gulley Park number 12 first ace for cash it ROCED Kc pro roc that is.

bigchiz
May 13 2004, 02:51 PM
Kaposia Park, 1998 (old configuration?). My wife threw a mid-range disc down a hill. The disc turned over, hit our 3 year old son in the chest, about knocked him into the shallow creek. He screamed, she screamed, I was LMAO.

bulldog399
May 14 2004, 11:50 PM
I was in Tulsa at course Dovillio hole number one 597 feet first shot when about 400 ft second shot Pro monster Big Hyzer bomb and stuck it for the birdie it was awesome the first time I ever birdied a hole over 500 feet!!!

sandalman
May 31 2004, 09:03 PM
my first texas states i was playing AM and dorked a drive on a short hole, leaving maybe 125 to go. i had this old omega ss that i thought i could at least get close to two blocker trees, which are about 10-12 to the left front of the basket. that baby went straight at them, then between them, then stalled and faded right, dropping in for the bird. (i'm lefty)

today in team golf (match play) i nailed about an 80 footer to stay 1-1 against red miller with one hole to go. on the next hole we both squantched our upshots - he was left about 120 out and i was about 100. he floated his putter into a fairly decent headwind for the 3 and the win :mad:

stevemaerz
May 31 2004, 09:41 PM
I was in a tournament at Lums Pond, DE about 12 years ago. During the second round, my drive was about 90 feet short on hole 11. After laying up on my approach I was called for a foot fault (the only foot fault I've ever been called on in 17 yrs of playing). To this day I'm certain I was not guilty, but it was seconded so I replayed my second shot. I proceeded to bang the 90 footer for a birdie and I wound up beating the bogus foot fault caller by one stroke.

Moderator005
May 31 2004, 09:52 PM
Sounds like an excellent example of instant karma!

williethekid
May 31 2004, 11:02 PM
This past weekend (yesterday in fact) was the CT states tourney. While I've been improving I have a couple issues at the course we played and was just hoping for a good appearence. Started the first round and missed a 15 footer for bird, shook it off and proceed to the next hole. That hole ive come close to aceing at least 3 times hitting the number plate on the basket. This time i left my drive a little right and was about 200 ft away from the right side pin placement. threw a forehand approach that got knocked down about 50' away. Had no shot so i tried a forehand putt, brought my hand back and i hit a tree knocking the disc outta my hand. I was devestated from a double circle 5 on an easy hole and proceeded to the next hole which i parred. Then to an uphill 330' shot with a low ceiling. Had a great drive and put it 50' away. thought the bird was outta question but made a beaurtiful(lucky putt) to give me the bird. I ended up shooting shooting a 3 under for that round and taking the lead for adv. The next round i was having a horrible round but i had a beautiful forehand that crashed into the chains and slipped out narrowly missing the ace. Gonna remember that one. Anyrate i ended up placing 4th out of a field of 32, not bad for only playing 10 months.

jasonc
May 31 2004, 11:17 PM
Team golf today at Veteran's on hole 12(550'+). 1st drive straight into the ground, 2nd drive came out of my hand all wrong and only went about 200'(which was about 5' shorter than my competitions drive. I told him to go ahead and throw so I knew what to do next...He gave me a really funny look and asked what I meant by that. I told him if he was close I was running it(we're still 250'+ out)....he laughed. His up landed about 15' from the bucket so I told him I was going to just have to get my three from there......laughter again. Threw a Firebird out on a hyzer line and nailed the chains.......only to spit out the back of the bucket :mad: It was still great to say I was running from that far and nail the basket :D

chris
May 31 2004, 11:46 PM
One of my drives I remember most was on this 1000+ foot hole at Byron Big D Doubles, I was thinking . . sweet! I can throw hard on this hole. So I threw a brand new dx beast hard as I could and my disc went staight into the first tree about 30' off the tee pad. It did one of those things where it completely stops rotating and falls straight to the ground totally bent in half.

jmonny
Jun 01 2004, 10:39 AM
First round this weekend at the Big Valley Challenge in Durham. Hole 13 made about an 70 foot "heave" anny putt from the woods edge and around a tree to save par. I've made longer shots but this was a PDGA event and it really boosted my confidence for the rest of the day and event. Went on to cash for the second time in AM1, and at a RADL event with tough competition.

Jun 01 2004, 11:13 AM
Last year at the Flatts Classic in St. Thomas, Ontario ... Hole #3 my drive went to the right into a tree that was hanging over water .. OB ... my drop put me right up against an 8' straight up river bank. The only shot was straight up through a small gap in a bush that was at the top of the bank. Through that gap it was a long anyhzer to the basket (maybe 25' in from the bank and 30' right). I hit the chains dead centre but it didn't stick. The cheers from me and my card-mates (and even the official that was there) sounded as if someone hit an ace. That would be my most memorable shot even though it didn't stick. It was definitely the most exciting circle-4 I ever had ... I was smiling for the rest of the round.

Jun 02 2004, 03:36 AM
It was during my round at the Pecan West course at the 2003 octoberfriz, i hit a blind ace on #4 for my first tourney ace and a financially helpfull 5 way split of the ace pot.

Jun 03 2004, 02:54 PM
I am not capable of making putts :(

Jun 03 2004, 03:23 PM
Did you come this year for the Flatts, Dustin???

MKy most memorable putt was this year at the Flatts Classic On hole number 11.
The Hole was flooded with water so we had to make a new tee for the hole. It went from a huge hyzer hole to a huge anhyzer hole.
I threw my First run Yellow Flash and it did a huge S and put me about 100' from the basket. I take out my Aviar P&A and put it on a bit of a hyzer path as i was behind a shrub, I Look over the shrub just in time to see it smack the middle of the chains and fall into the basket. Best Deuce ive ever had.

Jun 03 2004, 03:25 PM
390' hole #15 at El Dorado. Yanked my drive about 100' and did not even clear the hill. Sank the big nasty midrange/putt with my favorite spider.

Best putt that I ever saw was for a par 3 on the big 730' hole also at El Dorado, a buddy threw his whippet from 150' and sank it around the tree.

Jun 03 2004, 03:31 PM
Did you come this year for the Flatts, Dustin???

nope .... my traditional birthday weekend tournament play got ousted by our traditional family camping trip on the long weekend. good thing my birthday and the long weekend only match up every few years lol

you coming up to Etobicoke next weekend?

tafe
Jun 04 2004, 09:39 AM
#17 at Northwoods in Morton, IL. Messed up the drive and second shot, then slammed a 70 foot anhyzer from the top-behind the basket. The FIST was out!

Jun 06 2004, 05:04 PM
Dustin

Unfortnaley i will not be coming up for that tournament. I have made plans to go scuba diving in sherkston quarry up near Niagra falls. I am thinking of coming up for the Toronto Island tourney.

Wes

Jun 07 2004, 12:06 AM
My most memorable bird was at De laveaga, Number 16. I had an OK drive. But I still had 150+ ft to go. The pine tree was still up, so I had to go under the limb ( I am a side arm thrower). The throw went under the limb and turned right. It skipped off the burm in front of the basket and landed perfectly flat up against the chains and then it fell into the basket. I was playing with about 6 guys and there were many people around. It was so exciting.

I also had another exciting bird at this years Masters cup. It was hole 10. I had hit the big dead tree that is right in front of the tee. I went off to the left and onto the fairway for hole 9. I had about 120 ft to go and a bunch of trees in my way. I was thinking that I would be lucky to par it. I could not even see the basket. I threw a little S turn and saw it land in the basket as I peaked around the trees :D.
These are the type of shots that keep my addiction going.

daveoh
Jun 07 2004, 07:13 PM
I saw that hole 10 birdie at the Master's Cup. That was huge!!!
:D

Jun 07 2004, 11:04 PM
one time I threw my Puppy 918' uphill with a tailwind.

Oh yeah, one time I threw my dragon into the trash!

Jun 08 2004, 02:54 PM
This was at Oak Grove (Cali) #8 - I'd shanked my drive deep into the schule to the right of the fairway. Between me and the pin was about 100 feet of nothing but trees and brush. I could just ba-a-a-arely see the pin through all the garbage. No sky shot available, certainly no roller, and pitching back out to the fairway would mean a double-bogey.

So I grabbed my Roc and reached wa-a-ay back and let 'er rip, without even looking where I was throwing. Threw straight through the trees and the leaves and the branches and the alligaors and the ca-ca and the doo-doo and heard (but did not see) "KA-CHING!!!!"

I looked at my buddies and said, "Whaaa??" They were all falling out - the disc had hit the chains, hit the pole, and then bounced out, straight back toward where I'd thrown it from.

So yeah, I didn't make it but yeah, I did manage to save par :cool:

Blarg
Jun 09 2004, 07:44 PM
I play Oak Grove all the time and my most memorable 'putt' was on the signature hole, usually referred to as 'The Gorge' or
'The Gap.' It's actually an arroyo, I think, but no one calls it that. You have to throw about 300 feet across a huge gorge that's full of gigantic bushes. There's also a fairly strong left to right breeze most of the time which will push your disc waay off to the right forever if your angle is off. Slightly elevated tee. Awhile back my tee shot landed at the bottom of the gorge. This was not uncommon at the time for me. I had to climb down into the gorge and I found my disc at the foot of a 40 foot giant bush that was between me and the basket, which was about 30 feet up a steep incline and maybe 75 feet away. My only chance was to throw a tomahawk straight up and over the huge bush.
I suck at tomahawks (no power) but tried it anyway, as I had no choice.
CHING!
Birdie. :D

Jun 10 2004, 01:12 PM
This happened just yesterday and it just made me laugh so hard. Hole was pretty simple. 300' straight to the hole with a small 5' high ridge about 30' in front of the pin and an OB road down the right side of the fairway. Anyway, I threw a Cheetah about 4' high and off to the right and would have landed OB had it not been for a trash can sitting on the edge of the fairway about 80' from the pin. It had a rounded lid so when the disc hit it it richocheted (sp)up and to the left. It must have landed on the other side of the ridge and rolled cause when I went up to the pin it was sitting about 2' from the basket!

nix
Jun 10 2004, 02:26 PM
I have been putting with Aviar X's since I won one at the 2001 Ice Bowl in Amarillo...

Earlier this year when I replaced one, the very first throw with my new X was a straight tunnel shot 115 from the basket...
BANG! Nailed it! Putter kinda blew its wad on that first shot...I've been struggling with it every since! :p

Jun 11 2004, 02:17 AM
today, i played grass valley with my friend. i was one shot down, on hole 17, needing a good drive (i can outdrive him....he's newer to the game than i am!).
anyway, i come up with my Reaper....get ready...and chuck it about 320 feet straight down and a bit to the left. while i didnt ace the hole (i did birdie), it was probably one of the better drives i've had.

Jun 11 2004, 06:16 AM
I recently made a journey to my dad's ranch in the northern california desert. He throws a big barn dance every year, and I told my buddy from Seattle to bring his discs. I brought mine, we talked four other people including my fiance who hates discgolf into playing best shot doubles on a make up as we go object course. We got to one spot where we had a 250' drive over a ravine to a juniper tree. We all shank our drives into the ravine full of sage brush until my fiance throws my tbird. It flies out straight slightly right glides falls back left and settles right on the ridge about 6' from the trunk. Cheers all around. The next day, slightly hung from the dance, we go back out. We get to the same hole and are talkin about how pretty yesterdays drive was when my buddy throws this screeming hyser shot. Pow right into the trunk. Ace!
I get back to Massachusetts about a week later and in the middle of one of my worst rounds ever, I nail a 70' putt for birdie! 6 horrible holes later, I line up on a 160' ace hole (which i've been known to bogie) drill my tbird at the pin, its a little high but dead on, slides into some tree branches comes out the other side and bounces off the rim of the basket. I was stoked, closest I've ever come to an ace.
I love this game. :D

Jun 13 2004, 02:50 PM
played grass valley again today.
I was playing hole #15. its a short 285 feet. the course goes down hilll about 50 feet, back up hill, across a short creek, and the current basket is set up about 8 feet away from the water. Plenty of tree cover too. you have to throw straight and to the left to get it near the basket.
anyway, my reaper (made for shots like this...i throw backhanded rightie). anyway, reach back, fire my drive down towards the creek. i was absolutely shittin my pants at this moment. anyway, before the creek, there's a little lip, where the dirt goes to meet the water. the disc hits this lip, hops over the water, and rests about 4 feet away from the pin!
most memorable birdie i've had yet.

Mar 27 2005, 07:13 PM
Finnally Nailed my first Ace today so i am proud... Who else has hit some aces?

Mar 27 2005, 08:13 PM
i have hit some aces. not today, though. it's raining in houston.

Mar 27 2005, 08:48 PM
It is raining off and on here in SC.... Luckily i went at the right time just enough to play 18

Mar 27 2005, 09:43 PM
Mine is a combination of shots on one hole.

Hole #5 George Ward Park Brimingham AL. 700ft

Drive goes down the middle and lands perfectly ~430ft. I still have 150ft shot untill the fairway narrows to a 30ft gap and turns left about 60degrees and runs straight for the next 120ft.

Toss up an understable midrange with heavy hyzer, it flips right after it makes the turn and rides the edge of the fairway untill it hits the wooden box surrounding the pole hole.

It was a drop in 3. AND the only carded 3 of anyone in the Advanced and Amateur divisions in that tournament!

Two perfectly executed shots to me make more of a difference.

Moderator005
Mar 28 2005, 12:13 AM
That sounds like an awesome disc golf hole!

esalazar
Mar 28 2005, 12:39 AM
That sounds like an awesome disc golf hole!

and very well played!! :D

Mar 28 2005, 10:09 AM
My most memorable drive would have to be the 3rd playoff hole in Peoria for my third pro win. Hole three at Washington park is about 430 uphill. When Rob S. threw his roller wide right, I knew it was my chance. I unleashed a turnover shot that just flew so perfect gliding all the way up the hill, PARKED drop in victory!!!! :eek: :D:cool:

JohnKnudson
Mar 28 2005, 12:15 PM
Don't lie. You can't throw 430 feet uphill, especially with that inferior Gateway plastic. Only kidding, obviously... :p

Was this at one of the "AceDaze" events? It's a good thing you parked the hole; those Washington baskets are anorexic skinny!

williethekid
Apr 09 2005, 05:00 PM
Hole 1 at Pyramids in leicester, very tight long hole with a lot of big trees to gobble disc and leave tough approaches. I believe the hole is just over 300', anyway throw a huge flex shot, perfect drive about 50' short of the pin. Nail my jump putt to take one of only 3 deuces on that hole for the day. Last hole of the 1st round, went on to win the tourney. Was more exciting then my first ace i hit in practice round beforehand.

shanest
Apr 09 2005, 08:05 PM
Hole 1 at Pyramids in leicester, very tight long hole with a lot of big trees to gobble disc and leave tough approaches. I believe the hole is just over 300', anyway throw a huge flex shot, perfect drive about 50' short of the pin. Nail my jump putt to take one of only 3 deuces on that hole for the day. Last hole of the 1st round, went on to win the tourney. Was more exciting then my first ace i hit in practice round beforehand.

I think you'll like to hear that the hole is just over 350 feet.

Apr 09 2005, 09:33 PM
My most memorable is my first and only ace which happened today, 5 years after I started playing. 229 feet, quite open but there is a few trees. I know this is nothing compared to most people's but my average score per round is anywhere from 60-70.