Apr 30 2004, 02:50 AM
For many short drives, and for almost all upshots, it's become my go to disc and I can't really say why. Does anybody else like them? I like the whippet cause you can play the skip, and if you're worried about overthrowing it's easy to adjust to short it up a little, and let the skip do the rest.

Also, I find it's pretty much super predictable. Throw it out right and let it come back in and sit down.

Why is they say it's more geared towards expert players?

dannyreeves
Apr 30 2004, 02:53 AM
Why is they say it's more geared towards expert players?

Because newer players should stay away from really overstable plastic.

kingrat6931
Apr 30 2004, 09:03 AM
I've thrown Whippets since they first came out many years ago. (Unfortunately, my latest whip lays in about 8' of murky water in Abilene! :() These discs are the greatest for skips and have saved my butt quite a few times on upshots. I think everyone should carry one. :) Beginners should wait until they have learned control, other than that, krevo, you are correct!! ;)

kingrat tipz (http://www.geocities.com/kingrat6931/)

Apr 30 2004, 10:01 AM
i LOVE mine, though it doesnt get too much use....

FOR SURE a PIG as far as stability, and very precitable...

Great for a 200'-250' hyzer shot, NOT a big distance disc.....

Apr 30 2004, 12:44 PM
I have used old whippets since thier inception for my forehand roller. Now theose whippets are becoming harder to find...so I've been testing the X's...so far so good
they seem to flip a little quicker the originals.

But I'm running out of old whippets so sometings gotta give!

circle_2
Apr 30 2004, 12:47 PM
Does a G5i Demon roll well forehand?
I've thrown a few Whippets...VERY overstable! Have found Demons quite inspiring in the meantime. They're beefy and dependable!

flynvegas
Apr 30 2004, 03:13 PM
The Whippet was my main driver when they first came out. Now it's used mainly for my Tomahawk shots.

quickdisc
Apr 30 2004, 03:21 PM
The Whippet was my main driver when they first came out. Now it's used mainly for my Tomahawk shots.

Have you thrown the candy whippet X ? It's really overstable. :D

boru
Apr 30 2004, 03:51 PM
Does a G5i Demon roll well forehand?
I've thrown a few Whippets...VERY overstable! Have found Demons quite inspiring in the meantime. They're beefy and dependable!

I just tried rolling for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I was able to roll the Demon forehand 300 feet in a straight line. For whatever that's worth . . .

Apr 30 2004, 06:01 PM
I used to have a WX that I used for shorter sidearms and overhands. Then I switched to the G5i Demon and used it as my only midrange for over a year. Now I don't really have much use for that stable of a disc.

quickdisc
Apr 30 2004, 08:19 PM
I used to have a WX that I used for shorter sidearms and overhands. Then I switched to the G5i Demon and used it as my only midrange for over a year. Now I don't really have much use for that stable of a disc.

Then try a max weight flat speed demon :D

quickdisc
Apr 30 2004, 08:46 PM

Then try a max weight flat speed demon :D

Just kidding :D
Try a Leopard /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Apr 30 2004, 09:01 PM
I've had a bunch of speed demons and I love them! The one I'm using now is a worn 177 purple H SD and its not as stable as some of the others I've had. The S Speed demon is definately the most stable out of the box cause its so flat its almost concave! I loved mine until I broke it on a high tommohawk.

btw, I also love Leopards. They arent really that understable, but I was raised in the old school where you throw drivers hyser and flip flat. I guess if you tried to throw one like a Orc it would flip all the way around.

quickdisc
Apr 30 2004, 09:04 PM
I've had a bunch of speed demons and I love them! The one I'm using now is a worn 177 purple H SD and its not as stable as some of the others I've had. The S Speed demon is definately the most stable out of the box cause its so flat its almost concave! I loved mine until I broke it on a high tommohawk.

btw, I also love Leopards. They arent really that understable, but I was raised in the old school where you throw drivers hyser and flip flat. I guess if you tried to throw one like a Orc it would flip all the way around.

I also like the candy leopards. Actually stable.
The Pro-Leopards are Sweet !!!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Big Easy
Apr 30 2004, 10:58 PM
I have learned to throw 150-250 ft 2 finger upshots with a 175g. 10x KC WX.
It is very predictable to hold shots into a (RHSA Crosswind).
The Candy WX is very overstable and predictable,
not quite as overstable as the Z-Extremes.
D.P. :D

thenatureboy68
May 01 2004, 12:11 AM
I have 172 champion whippet x. I use it for tomahawk and it went up to 300 feet. I prefer Proline Monster for tomahawk. :)

Sep 21 2004, 09:28 PM
I do. Not all the time, but couldn't imagine my bag without one. Headwinds? CAN'T turn over. Spike hyzers? Won't get awat from you. Sidewinder? Will flex right out and finish overstable. Possibly the late-skip King.

20460chase
Sep 21 2004, 10:07 PM
Love the Champion Whippet!! I will trade for unused max weight Whippets! PM me.

quickdisc
Sep 22 2004, 06:41 PM
Love the Champion Whippet!! I will trade for unused max weight Whippets! PM me.

:eek: Champion Whippet :eek: Need one about 166grams.

ANHYZER
Sep 22 2004, 06:48 PM
Have 166 Whippet for sale 1$ :DPM me if int.

vwkeepontruckin
Sep 23 2004, 11:17 AM
I've thrown Whippets since they first came out many years ago. (Unfortunately, my latest whip lays in about 8' of murky water in Abilene! :() These discs are the greatest for skips and have saved my butt quite a few times on upshots. I think everyone should carry one. :) Beginners should wait until they have learned control, other than that, krevo, you are correct!! ;)

kingrat tipz (http://www.geocities.com/kingrat6931/)

Get a Demon!

20460chase
Sep 24 2004, 12:46 PM
Buy another Whippet.