Mar 05 2004, 02:03 PM
I have been playing now for almost 3 years. My problem is with my short approach game on shots between 75'- 125'. I have a tough time with these shots because they only require you to throw with about 25% power and I usually can't control my distance or line. On an approach, say from 100', do you recommend still using the X-step, or are you supposed to just stand there and shift your weight when you throw? Also I have a grip issue. I can drive about 400' using the power grip, but for approaches, it feels awkward and oftern results in early or late releases. Should I try a different grip for my approaches, such as a control grip? I have had noone teach me anything about disc golf in my life. I never played with any pros or anything. I am better than almost all the people I play with, so they can't help me out. Everything I've learned has been solely from online articles and lots of practice. But practice doesn't help if you aren't practicing with good technique. Help would be greatly appreciated from a person who is great at approach shots.

gang4010
Mar 05 2004, 02:27 PM
If you're having difficulty with throws in a given range (in your case 75-125') - improving consistency is tied to repetition - and disc choice.

You don't necessarily need a cross step - but in windy conditions - a stand and deliver may not give you the comfort you need either.

Pick a couple blunt edged discs, Aviar, Spider, APX, Birdie, Rattler, Super Puppy, etc. and play catch starting at 60-70 feet and slowly move apart. Getting lots of throws in, is what will help you get comfortable with this distance. It also allows you to get comfortable with making the disc do different things - left curve, right curve, straight, up side down, forehand, overhand, etc. Using a blunt edged disc will help you get control over slow speed throws. If you are using drivers or discs that are too sharp for this distance - it'll be difficult to develop consistency - simply because of the nature of the flight characteristics. Sharp/shallow discs move quickly left or right when thrown at slow speeds - blunt/deep discs move more predictably.

LouMoreno
Mar 05 2004, 02:46 PM
I put a finger on the rim if I'm not throwing with a lot of power. It helps my accuracy and gives me a smoother touch on the disc.

You can also try a fan grip instead.

rhett
Mar 05 2004, 02:52 PM
"Stand and deliver" method, not X-step.

Throw a hard version of your putter. (I use a KC Avair for these approaches and putt with JK Aviar. You can do the same with Magnets or Rhynos .)

If you are a righty aim to the right of the basket and throw a low, slow, hyzer to hit the ground short and right of the pin so it skips up to it. Not to short, though.

Go to a park and practice skipping this disc and shot up to a variety of different trees or poles, skipping it off dirt, light grass, heavy grass, etc.

Do it. You'll thank me! :) All this is for approach shots, which I consider just trying to get under the basket for a drop in. Many people take runs at the basket from that range, so if you were looking for "long range run at the basket" techniques, please share what you learn as I can't do those worth a crap!

flynvegas
Mar 05 2004, 02:54 PM
Throwing catch is a great tip. Before I began playing disc golf 20 years ago, my brothers and I played a lot of catch with Whamo 50 molds. Playing catch we used a lot of air bounce. On my approach's I throw a little air bounce which helps me control the speed and accuracy of the flight. My approach disc's are a beadless Aviar and a original Roc. Practice helps as well.

ryangwillim
Mar 05 2004, 03:01 PM
I agree with Rhett, the X-step is really unnecessary and will clutter your form terribly. I plant my back foot and step into the approach with my lead foot. Also, don't throw hard, and don't grip hard either. Fan grip is excellent as it gives you a clean release and good accuracy.

Anything under 150' you should be able to throw your putter, or as Rhett said, a more stiff version of your putter. I love Wizards and Aviar-X's for anything in the >150' range. If you haven't thrown a Wizard, do yourself a treat and buy one!

Above all else, practice and consistency in movement (muscle memory) will help you excell with the best results.

Jake L
Mar 05 2004, 03:18 PM
Get a pre-shot routine down. Do it for EVERY throw. Lots of practice and confidence will help. I like the thumbtrac discs for short approaches. I do not use the X-step for the short game, less variables. But my pre-shot routine is always the same
-imagine the line you will throw.
-"place" the disc in air with the angle you want to achieve in flight.
-Weight shift.
-throw.
I do that for every throw, and I think it has helped my game.

circle_2
Mar 05 2004, 04:40 PM
I prefer soft Proline Rhynos for these shots. When hyzering, they kinda fold upon impact and don't skip a whole lot...and they're excellent with cross and headwinds. They anhyzer quite well too, then drop, but either way they have 'very little glide'...allowing you to put a little more "umphhh" into your approach, which sounds like an attribute you're seeking. Good luck! :cool:

Chris Hysell
Mar 05 2004, 06:52 PM
Sorry but I had to laugh when I read these replies. I thought back to when a friend of mine had the same problem. He tried every different approach disc made, hoping for that magic disc.

I offer two solutions. One is easy. Learn to throw a forehand shot. These touch shots allow you to stand and aim at your target. This is hard for some people because they only throw stable discs for sidearm shots. Try it with a less stable disc. You should be able to flick your wrist and throw it about 100ft with ease. If you have to throw something stable, try a Pirahna. You can throw the snot out of those things and they don't go anywhere.

In 1996, I went exclusivelt to Discraft and had to give up my pirahnas. What I did was to learn to putt farther. Even today with 20mph winds, I was putting on my upshots in that range. After years of doing this, I have gained confidence in it. I just change the angle of the disc in accordance with the wind direction and speed. Don't throw it, putt it.

kingrat6931
Mar 05 2004, 07:07 PM
Quick, Brian, find a football/soccer field. Whip out the ol' Aviar/Rhyno/Putter of choice. Find midfield or 50 yardline and try to land your disc underneath the uprights. Do this flatfooted, forehand and sidearm. Stay out practicing this until Mom calls you for dinner. :D
No need for a x-step for this short of a distance! Sounds to me like you have a brain phart on short approaches. Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kingrat tipz (http://www.geocities.com/kingrat6931/)

Mar 06 2004, 12:54 AM
One is easy. Learn to throw a forehand shot. These touch shots allow you to stand and aim at your target.

Great suggestion from CH..... For most shots inside 150 feet, I throw a sidearm using a beat up Rhyno.... Since there's less body movement involved with this shot, there's less room for error.... and it's a very easy shot to "dial in" once you get the hang of the forehand..... For those discraft fans, try this with the new Breeze.....

Mar 06 2004, 01:31 AM
I agree on all points, learn a forehand (I am and it's doing wonders for my midrange game, I'm getting very consistent with my Buzzz from 120'), and don't run up on a short shot. It's too much...think of ball golf...when they are 75-100 yards from the green, they don't take a full swing...just a nice, controlled half to 3/4 swing...short game's all about control :)

Mar 06 2004, 04:08 PM
You need to learn sidearm!!!!! It is the most accurate approach shot.

Mar 06 2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys. Just for your information, I don't use the X-step on these throws, I just stand and deliver. I was just wondering if anybody used the X step for these approaches. I have mainly been using a gator for these shots because of its stability. I have been reluctant to use a putter, mainly because I don't have a stable enough putter. I am going to pick up a KC Aviar and a X Challenger. I think those discs have the perfect stability. The playing catch suggestion was good. I am definately going to try that. Oh, one last thing, could somebody please explain the fan grip to me? I am a power grip guy so the fan grip is foreign to me.

circle_2
Mar 06 2004, 05:18 PM
A fan grip is having your fingers spanning onto the bottom side of the flight plate, rather than gripping the rim. I use my putter grip for my BH approaches (<175'), which is a fan grip but with my index finger along the rim/edge...as per above.
Ex distance-champ Scott Stokely uses a fan grip and all his BH drives...

Mar 06 2004, 08:37 PM
Oh, one last thing, could somebody please explain the fan grip to me? I am a power grip guy so the fan grip is foreign to me.

Check the pics of the fan grip under backhand and putting on the Disc Golf Grips (http://www.julianakorver.com/Grips/backhandpage.htm) section of Juliana Korver's website.

eddie_ogburn
Mar 06 2004, 08:47 PM
I have a tough time with these shots because they only require you to throw with about 25% power and I usually can't control my distance or line.

Throw a putter with hyzer. You dont have to throw it at 25%. The harder you want to throw, put it out farther and let it fade back onto the basket. If you still have to x-step from 100ft. and you've been playing for 3 years then somethings wrong.

keithjohnson
Mar 07 2004, 12:07 AM
two words....jump putt

as hysell said earlier from 75-125 feet you should be putting....into a headwind use more hyzer angle and down wind use more loft.....if you miss it should still be very close to the basket for the next shot....

keithjohnson
Mar 07 2004, 12:09 AM
" Many people take runs at the basket from that range, so if you were looking for "long range run at the basket" techniques, please share what you learn as I can't do those worth a crap!

i'll show you how to jump putt from that range when i visit memorial day weekend :D

vwkeepontruckin
Mar 07 2004, 12:54 AM
two words....jump putt

as hysell said earlier from 75-125 feet you should be putting....into a headwind use more hyzer angle and down wind use more loft.....if you miss it should still be very close to the basket for the next shot....

Explain the details of a jump putt. I know them, just need some refinement.

kingrat6931
Mar 07 2004, 08:29 AM
You can jump putt at 125'? :eek: Hot dawg and Harley Davidson, do you have springs on yer shoes? You are correct, though. Jump putts will add a bit of distance but unless you know what yer doin', yer accuracy takes a vacation. :D

kingrat tipz (http://www.geocities.com/kingrat6931/)

Chris Hysell
Mar 07 2004, 05:46 PM
It's real easy to putt 125ft without jump putting. All it takes is a little skill.

exczar
Mar 08 2004, 12:19 AM
I concur with the lastest posts. Treat a 75'-125' shot as a long putt, especially one where you can throw a putter (I recommend an Aviar) with hyzer.

Mar 08 2004, 02:06 AM
i just try and concentrate on puting the disc up as close to the pole as i can. i still do a flip over type of putt from that range, but most importantly i've gotta have confidence that i'm going to throw a good shot.

rhett
Mar 08 2004, 02:16 AM
I concur with the lastest posts. Treat a 75'-125' shot as a long putt, especially one where you can throw a putter (I recommend an Aviar) with hyzer.

It all depends on where you are in your game. I thought the original poster sounded like a beginner, and that is exactly where throwing an approach under the pin from that range can save you strokes. If you are new and you try to putt from there but land 40 feet away, you're hosed.

Anyway, I figure that anybody that putts well from 30' won't be asking about approach shots from 125', so telling them to putt form there might not be the best advice. :)

Jake L
Mar 08 2004, 10:30 AM
One more tidbit, I don't aim AT the hole for long approaches, I imagine a 30 foot circle around the area I want to land in. Then try to hit my "spot". If I miss my circle (outside) by 5-10 feet, I'm only left with a 20-25 foot putt, this may help your game to.

Mar 08 2004, 03:11 PM
I am definately not a beginner. I am 17 years old and I've been playing since I was 14. I just am having a little issue with accuracy on these appraoches and was wondering about some techniques you guys use. I am fully capable of competing in the advanced divisions and placing high with guys your age. Just last fall I took 2nd place in a tournament at my home course, competing with all old guys like you in the advanced division. No offense:)

flynvegas
Mar 08 2004, 03:37 PM
Oh, this ought to be fun watching all the response's from us old golfers. I'm shaking right now thinking "What's he going to be like when he finds his short game".

Lyle O Ross
Mar 08 2004, 06:02 PM
Now that you have all these different choices lets get down to what you really need to do. Pick one and practice. You might even pick two, say forehand and jump putt and practice.

The secret to getting good layups, good drives, and good putts is practice. I'm willing to bet if you ask any player with a rating over 950 he/she will tell you that most of their play time is spent in practice. Go out three to five times a week and practice your approach shots. I start at 50 ft. and throw 10 shots. Then I go to 75 ft. and throw 10 shots etc. To make it really fun, I use a basket and take 5 putts from the worst approach shot from each distance. If I have a lot of time, I make myself redo the distance if I don't hit all 5 putts (O.K. this means all day but still).

The sad thing for some of us, like myself, is that all that practice is needed just to make us average. With some natural athleticism you will see a huge boost from it.

BTW, I throw at the basket. For me, its the same as putting. I have to have a target or I will be all over. The whole 30 ft circle is just too big for my little mind to encompass.

rhett
Mar 08 2004, 06:06 PM
I didn't mean to imply you were no good.....but if you're such a hot shot you should be putting from that range! :D

Mar 08 2004, 06:16 PM
Another tip: I use a Candy spider for 99% of all my approaches, either forehand or backhand. Using the same disc helps u to predict skips and such and because it is Candy and u aren't throwing it very hard, its characteristics do not change much.
Typically from 100 feet if i am not going for the big putt, i try to have my disc end up hitting the pole. My theory is that if you aren't going to get a birdie, make sure u get a par.
Thinking of having ur disc come to rest at the pole which is different from trying to hit the basket. (think about it)

Lyle O Ross
Mar 08 2004, 06:18 PM
Actually, that is what I do, I use the pole. I should have been clearer!

dm4
Mar 09 2004, 12:23 PM
Even today with 20mph winds, I was putting on my upshots in that range. After years of doing this, I have gained confidence in it. I just change the angle of the disc in accordance with the wind direction and speed. Don't throw it, putt it.

Just wondering what angle you use when "putting" into the wind? Thanks

rhett
Mar 09 2004, 12:25 PM
Don't show the bottom to the wind unless it is a straight tailwind.

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 12:48 PM
That's the key. Thanks Rhett. I have been fortunate to have a windy course nearby. I don't fear the wind. When the wind gets howling and my competition starts putting Rocs and drivers, I get even more confident with my putter.

rhett
Mar 09 2004, 03:44 PM
No kidding! When people start breaking out the Rocs to putt in the wind you can safely start throwing your putter under the basket from 15 feet and pick up strokes on them!

boru
Mar 09 2004, 07:03 PM
Great to hear it from the experts! A Roc might cut through a headwind a little better, but anything that fades even a tiny bit will get murdered in a crosswind. We have some seriously intense winds here sometimes, and I've seen a lot of short approaches/putts with midrange discs come in slow, without much snap, start to fade a couple feet from the basket, and get jacked back out to 35-40'!

For my money, a Rhyno, thrown flat, is your best friend in the wind.

bschweberger
Mar 09 2004, 09:19 PM
JUMP PUTT :D ;) :D

idahojon
Mar 10 2004, 01:37 AM
Would that be a tomahawk jump putt from 125', Schweb? :D

jdavidson
Mar 10 2004, 06:18 PM
Sounds like a jump putt. Here's another idea, an APX swirl thrown right at the basket with a little hyzer, adequate spin, and some touch can go chain high by the basket and still be within 10 feet.

Chris Hysell
Mar 10 2004, 09:54 PM
Enough with the jump putting. From that short of a distance, it's a bag-on-the-shoulder putt.

Mar 10 2004, 10:29 PM
[/QUOTE]You can also try a fan grip instead.

[/QUOTE]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thetruthxl
Mar 02 2006, 12:31 PM
Repetition and visualization.

remember: There is no spoon.

;)

sleepy
Mar 02 2006, 05:45 PM
What I've learned from Barry is he carries a lighter putter in his bag for these up shots depending on wind of course. You will be able to throw at a more normal speed with less distance. I personally carry a 160 or so gram putter for up shots but this is the only time i pull something out less than 170 grams. Oh yea don't look at the basket unless you plan on running it only concentrate on the spot you want to hit.

quickdisc
Mar 02 2006, 06:43 PM
I like the New Star Aviar at 165 grams. Just lite enough , but still stable.

Mar 02 2006, 09:32 PM
180 champ shark is my new choice of weapon for long putting.

gdstour
Mar 05 2006, 05:12 PM
The Wizard is hands down the next disc for shots of the range, of course I'm Biased, but its also believed to be true by the majority of thos who use them!

bcary93
Mar 05 2006, 09:31 PM
I have a tough time with these shots because they only require you to throw with about 25% power and I usually can't control my distance or line. On an approach, say from 100', do you recommend still using the X-step, or are you supposed to just stand there and shift your weight when you throw?

Instead of making an an x-step run-up, just take one step and throw. You'll be able to keep your eyes on the target and it will help get a bit more oomph on the throw.

I never played with any pros or anything. I am better than almost all the people I play with, so they can't help me out.

But you can learn from them even if they don't know they're helping you. Watch them and learn ! For example, I was playing in a league and there was a guy in our group who I think was a pretty good player but he had a bad start and just dwelled on it the whole round - never got his game going cause he kept thinking about his last shot instead of his current shot. It reminded me how to think of this shot instead of the last shot. Anyway, just because you're better than everyone, doesn't mean you can't learn from them.

Chainiac
Mar 05 2006, 10:28 PM
[quote Watch them and learn ! For example, I was playing in a league and there was a guy in our group who I think was a pretty good player but he had a bad start and just dwelled on it the whole round - never got his game going cause he kept thinking about his last shot instead of his current shot. It reminded me how to think of this shot instead of the last shot. Anyway, just because you're better than everyone, doesn't mean you can't learn from them.

[/QUOTE]
I agree and I know Brian is a much improved player since he started this post 2 years ago. I played with him in leagues last year and he has some great skills for a kid his age. I think he puts a lot of time into his game. He could use some work on his mental game. I witnessed him first hand doing what you described above. He would be talking about his last bad shot or shots just before lining up his next shot. Guess what? His next shot was bad too. I didn't say anything to him at the time because I'm probably his father's age and my physical game is not as good as his. You can't learn anything from someone like that can you? The other reason I didn't say anything is because sometimes that's the only thing that brings his game down to my level. Physically I doubt I could or can beat him but mentally he helps me out from time to time. I just hope he doesn't mature too fast.

Parkntwoputt
Mar 05 2006, 11:05 PM
Repetition and visualization.

remember: There is no spoon.

;)

Bingo!

It does not matter how you move your feet for these shots, full x-step, single step, no step. Develop something that is consistent and routine, get a disc that you are comfortable with. For me it is a Crystal Challenger. I get that in my hands, plant both feet, and do the same arm motions to get my line. I know that when I see my forearm in it's ready position for these approach shots, it gives me all the confidence in the world.

That is what you need on approaches.....confidence.

quickdisc
Mar 06 2006, 05:27 PM
I heard of a Gummy Ram for upshots !!!!

quickdisc
Mar 06 2006, 07:34 PM
Max weight putter !!!!

DreaminTree
Mar 06 2006, 07:48 PM
Inside 80 feet I'm jump putting. 80 to about 150 or so I use a wizard with a control grip (index finger extended along the rim)and hyzer it with the nose up. Stand and deliver, turned at like a 45 degree angle (like halfway between a normal throw and a putt). It stalls out and just drops.

superq16504
Mar 07 2006, 11:17 AM
For me it is Jump putt from 35-55. 55-80 lay up with the putter 80-250 approach with a buzzz, the midrange disc is going to be more stable at low speed you throw with the approach shot, play to the right side of the pin with a low hyzer and play for a skip to the pin. :D

Apr 04 2006, 03:57 PM
This is so freakin funny! I jump putt from that range with ease now. Its effortless.

michellewade
Apr 04 2006, 04:05 PM
One more tidbit, I don't aim AT the hole for long approaches, I imagine a 30 foot circle around the area I want to land in. Then try to hit my "spot". If I miss my circle (outside) by 5-10 feet, I'm only left with a 20-25 foot putt, this may help your game to.

THIS is the one I agree with - don't look AT the basket but 25 feet to the right of it. Then the disc curls up nicely for that final 25 feet.

NO ONE has even mentioned twisting at the hips! The hips must twist!

veganray
Apr 04 2006, 04:33 PM
I'm a huge believer in the nose-up anhyzer "UFO" putt (semi-beat 10x Aviar) from up to 175 or so feet. Anhyzers to right above the basket, then stalls & magically falls straight down (once you get it dialed in in practice). VERY few 3-putts from 175 in with the UFO. :D

tafe
Apr 04 2006, 06:12 PM
SUPER PUPPY!!! The ultimate approach disc. Just play catch with the basket. I have put it in numerous times from around 100'+. And if you happen to miss, the DEEP rim just catches the ground and sits.

quickdisc
Apr 04 2006, 07:30 PM
I was told a 180 gummy Ram for upshots ?

rizbee
Apr 04 2006, 07:57 PM
SUPER PUPPY!!! The ultimate approach disc. Just play catch with the basket. I have put it in numerous times from around 100'+. And if you happen to miss, the DEEP rim just catches the ground and sits.

Or even better, the Shuttle-Puppy!!!!

grizzly09
Apr 08 2006, 12:53 AM
If you don't have a shuttle puppy then you could pretend the basket is you're buddy(if it already isn't) and you don't want your buddy to move far. But beware, the basket doesn't have arms so overshooting might be a crucial factor.

Apr 09 2006, 10:53 AM
I started playing the Arrow by Aerobie , everyone laughed, but I cut 8 strokes off my game pretty quickly..! It holds whatever line you put the Disc on.. I mainly flick it, but it's deadly! It flies straight and you can turn some sweet corners with it..I've hit many, many 100' plus shots with it.. It doesn't roll off and it bites when it hits the ground..No Skips! The Arrow is money! Just take the time to learn it, great in the wind too! I have about 25 people throwing one at our course now, and you could buy a used one from anyone here..! MONEY!

dannyreeves
Apr 09 2006, 11:26 AM
I started playing the Arrow by Aerobie , everyone laughed, but I cut 8 strokes off my game pretty quickly..! It holds whatever line you put the Disc on.. I mainly flick it, but it's deadly! It flies straight and you can turn some sweet corners with it..I've hit many, many 100' plus shots with it.. It doesn't roll off and it bites when it hits the ground..No Skips! The Arrow is money! Just take the time to learn it, great in the wind too! I have about 25 people throwing one at our course now, and you could buy a used one from anyone here..! MONEY!

lmao

superq16504
Apr 10 2006, 10:44 AM

CLICK
CLICK
OHHHHH...

That still cracks me up.

Boneman
Apr 10 2006, 02:36 PM
What some people will do for a little attention. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Apr 10 2006, 05:22 PM

CLICK
CLICK
OHHHHH...

That still cracks me up.

hahahaha...just realized that i know that guy its my local course that guy is talkin about...its true, they are all throwin arrows....all the old guys, that is.

hehehe

Parkntwoputt
Apr 10 2006, 05:35 PM

lmao

There is a guy at our course who throws the Epic. He only uses for thumbers, but it just cracks me up everytime I see that stupid thing do a double barrel roll.

The Arrow is a very straight disc. Like mentioned, I doubt it's performance in a head wind. Plus the thing feels weird in my hand.

dannyreeves
Apr 10 2006, 05:43 PM
Both of the discs are total crap. 100% gimmick.

quickdisc
Apr 10 2006, 10:23 PM
Has anyone thrown the Goblin for short approach shots yet ?

I used to throw a gummy beat up whippet for approach shots.

The Champion Gator also works well.

Boneman
Apr 11 2006, 10:27 AM
I have. The Goblin is a cool little disc (small diameter, like a putter, but shallower). I find it's a little small for my hand. It's moderately fast, think shrunken Roc, and kind of soft, but little firmer than a JK Aviar (new DX plastic).
I like the disc, but I don't think it will ever replace a good overstable-stable putter, for me. I would use one of three Aviars (JK, 10x KC or DX P&A) for a shot 75-125 feet, unless I needed a hyser spike, then I would probably use a CH Gator ... Or for a straighter run at the basket, a Roc.
The Goblin is beautiful for what it is designed for, a one disc option for kids and beginners who need a putter, mid, driver in one disc.

Parkntwoputt
Apr 11 2006, 11:11 AM
I have. The Goblin is a cool little disc (small diameter, like a putter, but shallower). I find it's a little small for my hand. It's moderately fast, think shrunken Roc, and kind of soft, but little firmer than a JK Aviar (new DX plastic).
I like the disc, but I don't think it will ever replace a good overstable-stable putter, for me. I would use one of three Aviars (JK, 10x KC or DX P&A) for a shot 75-125 feet, unless I needed a hyser spike, then I would probably use a CH Gator ... Or for a straighter run at the basket, a Roc.
The Goblin is beautiful for what it is designed for, a one disc option for kids and beginners who need a putter, mid, driver in one disc.

Sounds like an XD to me.

ANHYZER
Apr 11 2006, 07:35 PM
I have been playing now for almost 3 years. My problem is with my short approach game on shots between 75'- 125'. I have a tough time with these shots because they only require you to throw with about 25% power and I usually can't control my distance or line. On an approach, say from 100', do you recommend still using the X-step, or are you supposed to just stand there and shift your weight when you throw? Also I have a grip issue. I can drive about 400' using the power grip, but for approaches, it feels awkward and oftern results in early or late releases. Should I try a different grip for my approaches, such as a control grip? I have had noone teach me anything about disc golf in my life. I never played with any pros or anything. I am better than almost all the people I play with, so they can't help me out. Everything I've learned has been solely from online articles and lots of practice. But practice doesn't help if you aren't practicing with good technique. Help would be greatly appreciated from a person who is great at approach shots.

Try a jump-approach. It's a glorified jump-putt, and is ultra accurate for me.

circle_2
Apr 13 2006, 10:16 AM
RHYNO. Demon G5i for excessive winds...

twoputtok
Apr 13 2006, 10:23 AM
Take a putter, like a star aviar or wizzard and play catch with some one. Just throw back and forth and keep spreading out until you are at that 100' distance and you can throw with accuracy. This helped my short game more than anything.

Now, if I could just learn to putt. :D

quickdisc
Apr 13 2006, 05:36 PM
Just started using this disc !!!!! Awesome for Upshots and Putting !!!!!

Sinus SP is made in a medium soft plastic chosen for its comfortable grip and feel so the durability isn�t the most important factor on this disc. The disc has three grip areas on top with different textures. This gives players an option to find the grip and feel they prefer. Between the grip areas the disc is regularly smooth for players who prefer a smooth grip. The flight is quite overstable making it useful in windy conditions. This disc is a choice for any player who likes a good grip without it being too soft or sticky.

All discs are made in Sweden
LATITUDE 64 - Like it should be!