moolie
Nov 05 2003, 05:04 PM
I will be in Madison Friday and Saturday and was wondering what courses were stil lin the ground.

seeker
Dec 02 2003, 09:45 AM
I hear the best courses in the US are in WI

seeker
Dec 02 2003, 09:45 AM
:cool:

seeker
Dec 02 2003, 09:46 AM
any snow yet?

seeker
Dec 02 2003, 09:46 AM
do they pull the baskets over the winter?

seeker
Dec 02 2003, 09:49 AM
I will be in the area in May... are the courses in playing condition then?

seeker
Dec 02 2003, 09:54 AM
I'll be driving in from Chicago. Any good courses to hit on my way?

seeker
Dec 02 2003, 09:55 AM
I heard Appleton has a course...?

discglfr
Dec 05 2003, 12:59 AM
Sorry no one has really responded to you on here. I am from Milwaukee but I know the scoop on Madison (or at least I think I do). Elver Park is a great set of 18 on the Southwest side of Madison and those baskets are pulled. Token Creek is one of the nicest courses in the Midwest and that was recently pulled for the winter. The 3rd championship caliber course is Hiestand, on the North East side of the city and that has baskets until the Spring thaw. Hope this helps. I plan to travel to Madison and do some playing this weekend in fact. If you have other questions, let me know.

Dec 05 2003, 10:43 PM
There are some courses between Chicago and Madison worth playing.
Two of them are UW Parkside in Kenosha County and Dretzka Park in Milwaukee. Both are worth checking out.

Karma Police
Dec 11 2003, 04:15 PM
hey seeker,
Terry Miller hit your answer on the nose. All the courses go back in the ground here at/around May 1st. Token Creek usually announces May 1st as the day they re-open and the other courses usually follow suit. WI has tons of beautiful courses...many of which I haven't gotten a chance to play yet. But Madison definitely offers a great disc golf experience...especially if you've never been here before.

Jan 10 2004, 04:06 PM
Appleton actaully has several courses. There is Plamman on the north side of town. It's i nice course. Rolling hills kind of open. there are no real tunnel shots or severe woods to get lost in. It averages about 320ft per hole. It is out of the ground until mid May. Telulah park is in the middle of town. It is shorter than Plamman. it averages 260ft per hole. It is a fun course though. It weaves in and out the woods with over half the course in the woods. It is a little more technical than most courses people are used to playing because there isn't much room to really let the disc hang out there on. It is also out of the ground until May. Now O'Hauser is always in the ground. This course is flat but it has great distance and it can destroy your self confidence. The front 9 is realitively easy. a few pitch in putts.some nice longer holes with some accuracy involved. you want to get under par here because you will need it. The back 9 starts with the longest hole on the course. Throwing 465ft through an open field into a hole in the woods. a 4 here is not a bad score. There are only a hand full dueces known on this hole and we have some big arm shooters around here. The rest of the back 9 is long, twisty, and tight. Most top pros that play here are happy with 2 under par in the back. So if your coming this way and want to play some golf drop me a line and I'll give you the tour.
Matt

Jan 14 2004, 12:48 AM
O'hauser Park. Silver Creek Park in Manitouac is in, Pinecrest Park in Howard. Go to discoverwisc.com to find directions.

chris
Jan 28 2004, 03:23 PM
Madison Ice Bowl!!! Feb. 14th & 15th

matthewblakely
Jan 28 2004, 07:54 PM
Did you ever get the video Chris? Still Waitin here!

chris
Jan 29 2004, 12:14 AM
Ha!! I see they finally got the stats up on the PDGA site for that tournament but I doubt I'll ever see that video. I'm just hoping to get my National Tour & Worlds DVD ( I actually paid for those ) If I do get that DVD before the next Homie's Fall Festival I would be real surprised!

Karma Police
Jan 30 2004, 10:58 AM
So I hear you've got a partner for the mixed doubles Chris. Any chance you'll be playing left handed?? :D

chris
Jan 30 2004, 01:29 PM
Naw, I wasn't really planning on it. I haven't even met my partner yet though so it should be kinda interesting. Long as she shows up I'll be happy! :)

Karma Police
Jan 30 2004, 02:42 PM
I'm sure she will show up Chris. She's friends with Marie and Sarah right? I'm looking forward to the mixed...should be a really fun day. As long as this absolutely friggin' ridiculous cold snap ends.

chris
Jan 30 2004, 04:23 PM
I was hoping to play in -10 degree weather

Karma Police
Jan 30 2004, 09:11 PM
Well league tomorrow morning should be pretty close to -10.

Feb 04 2004, 07:49 PM
I think mixed doubles on the 14th will be fun too, and it only costs $20 (I think). Hopefully there won't be too much snow, I can't loose too many more discs!

Karma Police
Feb 04 2004, 08:13 PM
I'm hoping someone goes out there and clears and salts the pads! We're supposed to get 5-7 inches the next few days. yuck.

chris
Feb 05 2004, 02:34 PM
Sarita? Is that who I think it is. . . .

Karma Police
Feb 05 2004, 07:34 PM
I was wondering the same thing.....

Feb 05 2004, 10:39 PM
Hey, it's Sarah. I've been meaning to go on here for a while, I just never got around to it. Chris, how's Platteville?
And Eric, did you and Kim want to get together and practice for the ice bowl anytime before next weekend? Just let me or Phill know

Karma Police
Feb 06 2004, 12:46 AM
Hey Sarah,
Chris and I thought that was you. If you want to get together sometime this weekend just give me a call. Will probably be the only time before next weekend with Kim's schedule. Maybe we'll see you at league. What's 7 more inches of snow right?? :p

chris
Feb 09 2004, 01:30 PM
How's the course and teepads looking?

Karma Police
Feb 09 2004, 04:17 PM
Very nice...best this winter. Someone went out there on Thursday/Friday and did a hell of a job. A few of the longs still needed a bit of work but if we don't get much/any more snow this week we'll be fine for this weekend. Saw Brad out there on Saturday too with a shovel and a sled full of sand/salt. He might be behind the pads looking so good. Did you go to Rockford??

Karma Police
Feb 09 2004, 04:19 PM
...forgot to mention that it will be very easy to lose a disc though. Good half foot or more of snow in a lot of places. Hopefully it will get trampled down a bit this week.

chris
Feb 09 2004, 10:56 PM
Rockford didn't go very well, we forgot to get birdies the first round and pretty much took us outta it. But I did get an ace on one of the last holes to win the $110 ace pot. So we still managed to make our money back. Overall it wasn't fun tournament and I can't wait for this weekend to make up for it! 2 tourny's in 2 days!

Karma Police
Feb 09 2004, 11:41 PM
There's nothing like winning the ace pot to make up for a so so tournament. Not that I'd know what winning an ace pot feels like but I can imagine. Very much looking forward to this weekend. Can't get here soon enough.

chris
Feb 10 2004, 02:03 PM
Hey Eric,
Do either you or Sara or any other Madison dics golfers use MSN or yahoo messenger? I'm passing through Madison today and will probably play a round. It would be nice to actually play with other people when I do stop by.

Karma Police
Feb 10 2004, 02:19 PM
hey Chris,
I would love to shoot a round today...espc. since I got some new waterproof boots. But I've got my second job this afternoon. I use AOL instant message/rendevous. My user name is discer77 if you ever want to get a hold of me. I use it at work all of the time. Drop me a line during the week anytime.

Karma Police
Feb 11 2004, 09:39 AM
If you happen to be in town again this week I'll be out on the course Wed-Fri between 4-4:15 if you want to get a round in.

Feb 11 2004, 02:39 PM
Phill and I might go out to play on Friday if I get out of work early, but the rest of this week unfortunatlely I have late afternoon classes. My screen name on AOL instant messanger is sarita1121, i'm online kind of on and off, but just IM me if you guys ever want to meet to play a round

Karma Police
Feb 11 2004, 03:03 PM
Do you have any idea what time we're supposed to be there on Saturday??? If you get out on Friday just give me a call Sara.

Feb 12 2004, 01:52 AM
Marie says the first round starts at 9:00, but i'm not positive that's right

chris
Feb 12 2004, 03:22 PM
Well I say it starts at 4pm, but that's probably not right either.

Karma Police
Feb 12 2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, A little glow disc'n in the snow. That would be gre....ummmm...not so good.

chris
Feb 12 2004, 07:31 PM
I've lost 4 disc's in the last week, wow do I suck, I think I'm gonna drop out of the tournament due to lack of discs

Karma Police
Feb 13 2004, 09:03 AM
keep your chin up buddy :) I'm going with your 4:00pm start time by the way. I can sleep in then.

Karma Police
Feb 17 2004, 10:50 AM
I hope you guys(chris/sarah) had as much fun as I did a the ice bowl. What a beautiful weekend. Got the itch to play more tournaments now! Have to wait for Tower Ridge...such a long way away. :(

Feb 17 2004, 01:27 PM
Yeah, it was definately nice weather on Saturday, it was a fun tournament. I can't wait until spring though...only 2 more months...
It's supposed to be nice out the rest of the week though, you can't argue with 40 degrees. Maybe all the snow will melt! Hopefully i'll have enough time to get out on the course a couple of times.

chris
Feb 17 2004, 02:45 PM
Yea, this sucks, I'm only going to 2 more tournaments in the next 9 weeks! I just sent my in registration for tower ridge open so I'm all set for that tournament.

Karma Police
Feb 17 2004, 03:37 PM
I've been looking for the past hour at anything in Ill. and Iowa over the next few months. Not much luck so far. Think Tower Ridge will have to be the next stop for me. Oh how I hope I get that call from work that i don't have to come in this afternoon. Would much rather go to the course.

discglfr
Feb 17 2004, 09:24 PM
THIS WEEKEND is the GLDGC Pro / Am Fundraiser event and I hope everyone in the area can make it. Check out www.gldgc.com (http://www.gldgc.com) for all of the details. You can also contact me directly using [email protected] . Kohl's is looking to donate $500 towards a local youth group so come on out and help the cause as well! See you Saturday

chris
Feb 17 2004, 09:32 PM
How much does this tournament cost and are there trophies to be won? :)

discglfr
Feb 17 2004, 11:14 PM
The fees will be 15 or 20 dollars depending if you are a current GLDGC member or not. There will not be any cash to be won at this event. This is a fun event which is why I continue with the pro/am random draw format. There will be some trophies.

Karma Police
Feb 17 2004, 11:16 PM
Hey Terry,
I emailed you about that but I don't think my prior engagement will allow me to come down. I'd much rather shoot a few rounds at Dretzka than go to this X-mas party (i know, it's almost march) but I ditched out last year. Plus I'm broke from buying those darn 2004 Roc's!!! I will see you at the Fox Valley open for sure...and I'm guessing at several other stops before then.

Karma Police
Feb 25 2004, 10:04 AM
Wonder when they are going to pull the baskets? Probably should have done so early this week when there was still enough snow on the ground. I don't think they got pulled until late march last year. We'll be out Thursday afternoon if you're in town.

chris
Feb 25 2004, 01:38 PM
I'll be out there at 3:30 till dark on Fridady

Karma Police
Feb 25 2004, 01:58 PM
We'll see you on Friday then. it's going to be way too nice not to go out. I'll be there around 4:00

Karma Police
Feb 26 2004, 08:00 PM
Looks like they may pull those baskets soon. The practice basket is gone. Sarah heard they were already pulled but they were there today. Heard league is going to alternate between Janesville, Baraboo, and Beaver Dam. But I have no idea where it's going to be this week.

chris
Feb 27 2004, 01:40 AM
I think they should have one at plateville!! :)

Karma Police
Feb 27 2004, 09:45 PM
That was a sick ace today Chris. I'm still not sure what happened. But I'm going to have nightmares about that alien for sure. :eek:

chris
Feb 27 2004, 10:31 PM
lol, I really wished I aced the alien hole instead, that woulda been pretty cool! Especially if the head woulda fallen off too. . . :D

Chainiac
Feb 29 2004, 08:25 AM
Janesville has a nice course. Distance, trees, 1 long elevated hole. I played a couple of rounds there only once over X-mas this past year. I found the trees to be challenging even without the leaves. As I recall now this course did not have tee pads. There was a tree on one of the fairways that had been marked and cut down, just not removed. Maybe this means the city is making improvements to the course and tee pads will be in the future.
When you're done there you can hop back on the interstate and head up to Madison. There is a course on the east side just off the interstate where 90 & 94 come together. Hiestad park I think it's called. Lots of elevation changes (for the midwest).
Good Luck. ;)

Karma Police
Feb 29 2004, 12:10 PM
Holy crap is it beautiful out today. Our thermometer reads 80 in the sun! Headed down to Janesville I think later. Should be nice.

Karma Police
Mar 02 2004, 02:44 PM
Baskets are now officially out at Hiestand. 2 months of waiting! Lots of road trips the next few months.

chris
Mar 02 2004, 03:41 PM
I recommend going to platteville!! an hour away :)

Karma Police
Mar 03 2004, 08:32 AM
i'm thinking some weekend we will definitely make that trip. Hit Dubuque also. Do they still have their baskets up all year? I'll let you know when we come down. More than welcome to bum along to Dubuque if you want.

chris
Mar 03 2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah, Dubuque is in year round. I would wait a bit though, it's real muddy and that course is one you DON'T want to play in the mud!

Karma Police
Mar 03 2004, 04:31 PM
yeah, good point. The hilly terrain makes it difficult to get around. We went there last year around this time and it was a mess. Threw a disc over the stream and had to go get it. Slid down the mud bank and was covered the rest of the day. Not all that fun.

Karma Police
Mar 04 2004, 01:37 PM
chris, When and where is league this Saturday? Might try and make it. And Sarah, still up for a road trip on Sunday?

chris
Mar 04 2004, 01:48 PM
I have no clue, I heard that they weren't gonna have leagues anymore. If anywhere it would be at Baraboo this weekend, I plan on playing there both saturday and sunday.

Karma Police
Mar 04 2004, 03:27 PM
what time are you going to be there? I think Sunday we'll be there for sure...maybe Saturday too. If you want to meet up let me know. I will probably have to come into work around 9:00 sunday morning but the rest of the day is open after that.

chris
Mar 04 2004, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure, probably at 11am sat. just to see if anyone else shows up for the leagues that are cancelled, and I'll be there all day till dark, Sunday I'll probably be there from noon till dark.

chris
Mar 04 2004, 06:47 PM
We should just call this the Chris & Eric Thread

Karma Police
Mar 05 2004, 09:10 AM
lol. Yeah, not too many other people on here. We've kind of taken it over. I'll plan on being there around noon on Sunday then. Saturday is still up in the air but if we go I'll get there at 11:00. My buddy John said he was interested in coming down to shoot so I'll see what he's up to. Probably see you there at least one of those days.

Mar 05 2004, 07:30 PM
I'll be going to Baraboo too on Sunday at noon with Eric, should be fun! I havn't played in forever (well...a week...)

chris
Mar 05 2004, 10:55 PM
A week? That's longer than forever when you're talking about disc golf!

Karma Police
Mar 06 2004, 11:34 AM
We'll see you on Sunday at noon Chris. Headed to Beaver Dam today.

Mar 06 2004, 04:16 PM
Sorry to break up your messages.
How is Beaver Dam? I have not played there since last summer before they made it 18 holes. How did they fit 9 more holes there?

Was it muddy today I'm thinking about going Sunday

Karma Police
Mar 06 2004, 07:00 PM
Hey,
They turned Beaver Dam into a nice little course. Multiple tee pads on most holes and they did a nice job with the layout with what they had to work with. It's a fun course. Not too muddy today, just damp.

chris
Mar 07 2004, 11:52 PM
I think I'm gonna go to Beaver Dam on the 20th & 21st, check it out.

Mar 08 2004, 01:35 AM
I'll definatly be playing on the 21st, I have to play on my birthday! I want to try out Beaver Dam too, still havn't been there.

chris
Mar 08 2004, 02:12 AM
Nice! Is it your 21st birthday?? If it is you gotta get an ace on you're golden birthday!! I got one on my 21st birthday :)

Karma Police
Mar 08 2004, 08:32 AM
So I guess it's beaver dam this weekend then. Not sure what is going on at work yet. I'm sure I'll have to be in sometime...multiple times probably. But I'm sure I'll be able to make it out sometime.

Mar 08 2004, 10:45 AM
That would be nice, it would be my first ace too! I can't believe you actually got one on your birthday

chris
Mar 08 2004, 03:03 PM
2 more days and I get to play in 70 degree weather! :D

Karma Police
Mar 09 2004, 08:44 AM
Man, that's just not fair. Good luck at world's doubles. That's an event I would like to get to sometime. Thought about it this year but the ol' lack of ching won't allow it. A trip to world's and sandy point will have to be enough. Anyway, good luck!

chris
Mar 10 2004, 11:37 AM
Alright, time for Texas!! I can't wait since it's suppose to rain all weekend and get down to 35! almost sounds like home :)

Karma Police
Mar 10 2004, 12:27 PM
that sucks. Don't want to know what it's going to be like here then. Well good luck and we'll see you when you get back. I'm going to try and steal that ace away from Sarah on her birthday. :D Just kidding Sarah!

Mar 11 2004, 01:00 AM
You better be! I need that ace :D Only 7 more days till Minnesota, Phill and I are going to try and hit as many courses as we can there and on the way. I think we got 7 in 2 days last trip...gotta beat that

Karma Police
Mar 11 2004, 08:50 AM
7 in two days is pretty impressive. Looks like the weather on Sunday is supposed to be crap. But as long as it's not raining I'll still go. Cross your fingers!

Karma Police
Mar 11 2004, 12:00 PM
think we will try and go somewhere on Sat. too in case sunday is a no go. 43 and rain late on saturday but rain/snow and 38 on sunday. can you go on sat or do you have to work?

Mar 11 2004, 09:33 PM
Eric- I don't have to work saturday, that would be fine since it's gonna be not nice on sunday, it doesn't really matter to me. Too bad Phill can't come, he has to work both days. Looks like it's going to be 50 out next week though, woo hoo!

Karma Police
Mar 12 2004, 08:50 AM
Cool Sarah. Looks like the precip should hold off until early evening on Saturday. I still don't know when I have to come in to work yet so we'll be in touch later tonight.

Mar 16 2004, 02:29 AM
I played Tendick today, which was fun, but does anyone know what happened to the first two holes? They disappeared.

Karma Police
Mar 16 2004, 08:42 AM
Really?? That sucks. Maybe they pulled them for the winter?? But that doesn't make much sense. My guess is they were lifted. But they were the oldest baskets in the state...hmmm. Hopefully they will return.

Mar 16 2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah hopefully. We'll be off to minnesota tomorrow anyways, so hopefully their baskets will be in.
Chris- Nice playing at the Pro World's Doubles! Third place, not bad! I heard there was alot of rain though

chris
Mar 16 2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks! Yea, just a little bit, but oh well what can you do.
So I take it Beaver Dam this weekend? I'm on spring break right now and have nothing to do, Poynette is the 2nd worst place to be spending it. Long as I'm outta Texas though I'm happy! I think I'll play Baraboo and Beaver Dam this week.

Karma Police
Mar 16 2004, 05:57 PM
This is a long shot but if you're in madison and leaving for beaver dam or baraboo around 3:30 let me know and I'll go with you any day this week. But I'm sure you'll already be out there. Nice job at worlds. That 3rd round must have been the worst shot round. Very nice score on that. If nothing else we'll probably see you this weekend. PM me if you want my phone number and maybe we can hook up.

chris
Mar 16 2004, 06:24 PM
Well I was being a ******* and cut my finger right where I grip the disc so I think I'm taking this week off to let it fully heal up. I don't think I'll be playing until this weekend. But I'll be up for playing any course on saturday or sunday.

Karma Police
Mar 16 2004, 07:37 PM
I've done that before. Sucks. We'll probably see you this weekend then. Saturday for sure I'll be out somewhere.

Mar 17 2004, 02:25 AM
Yeah, that does suck. I'll be back in Madison and hopefully will have my mom's car saturday and sunday, so I'll be up for playing probably both days, we'll see where though

Karma Police
Mar 17 2004, 08:50 AM
Cool Sarah. Just let me know if you want to drag me around this weekend! :D

chris
Mar 18 2004, 05:32 PM
I don't recommend going to Marion Park, I really don't!

Karma Police
Mar 18 2004, 06:12 PM
ha ha. I sure hope you went to Baraboo too. Sarah...how about Beaver Dam on Saturday?? Supposed to be nice out. Chris hasn't been there yet as an 18. Give me a buzz.

amdiscgolfer
Mar 19 2004, 08:01 PM
Here is some info on Tendick's Course:

Due to the lack of grass seed on the new hill and the area by the pond baskets # 1, 2 and 18 have been pulled until late Spring, early Summer. We will not be putting in the pins until grass has fully grown over the area and is at least mowed once.
For now, the first hole of play is #3 and the rest of the course is the same as indicated on the map on the bench.

The tee areas are going to be very sloppy and sensetive to traffic over the next couple of weeks so use all woodchip tees (if possible)and please walk on the boards provided instead of trompin' though the mud. As soon as the ground is able to have vehicles on it we will be putting in the rest of the tee signs, doing alot of woodchiping and installing alternate pin placements.

Karma Police
Mar 19 2004, 09:14 PM
Well be at beaver dam around 11 Chris.

Karma Police
Mar 19 2004, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info Jeff. Will definitely make it down there again this summer. Any plans for teepads in the future?

amdiscgolfer
Mar 19 2004, 11:27 PM
I am not sure about TeePads - Last I heard Mark wanted to get the course set first - and work on TeePads from there. I would think that soon enough they would be installed. If not this year at least by next year

chris
Mar 20 2004, 07:26 PM
Too bad you guys left Beaver Dam early, the wind picked up about 10mph after you guys left! It was real fun . . . . .I only could take 1 more round and left though.

Mar 20 2004, 11:34 PM
Sounds like fun. Did you do better than -1?? :D It was kind of cool to see the discs flying in so many directions today :D How did you like the course now that it's 18 holes? I think it's pretty descent.

chris
Mar 21 2004, 12:24 AM
Yeah I shot a little better ( -9 ) I guess it's easier when you don't putt left handed, or drive left handed for that matter.

Karma Police
Mar 22 2004, 08:32 PM
Question Chris,
Having not been to worlds before I'm curious. Are there shuttles that can take you to your courses? Guessing that a lot of people carpool it would be hard for everyone to have a car. Or is this the case and you're always looking for a ride? Of course, this is all pending on if I actually get to play or not.

chris
Mar 23 2004, 01:00 AM
They haven't had any shuttles at the ones I've been too. I just drive to all the worlds and then I have a car to use. Otherwise it's pretty easy to get rides from other people, especially since there will be so many at this years worlds.

Karma Police
Mar 23 2004, 08:47 AM
That's what I was thinking. If Sarah gets in then her and Kim would be in the same pool so I could just drive my car and they could take theirs. Something for the future maybe though. Leaving every half hour or so would be a great idea.

Karma Police
Mar 24 2004, 01:34 PM
Glow discn' at beaver dam tonight! whoo hoo! doubt it will be that great...probably too many lights. but fun to go out at night again. I'm just happy to get out during the week!

Mar 25 2004, 03:54 PM
So how did the glow discing go? It must have been pretty warm, it was here at least.

Karma Police
Mar 25 2004, 09:35 PM
It was really nice. Not too light out either. Shot 8 down and almost aced hole 18. I love glow. Can't wait to play again!

Karma Police
Mar 26 2004, 01:09 PM
hello anyone,
Anna Page leaves their baskets up all year right? Thinking about heading there tomorrow. Sarah, John is heading down from Eau Claire tonight. He'll be driving tomorrow. Interested in going? Might leave early.

cefire
Mar 31 2004, 09:36 PM
Does anybody know when the Madison area courses are going to open this year?

Karma Police
Apr 01 2004, 09:18 AM
Token Creek has historically opened May 1st. Last year the other two courses did the same thing. It's a safe bet it will be a month yet before any of them go back in the ground.

Karma Police
Apr 05 2004, 02:52 PM
Talked to a nice fellow(local pro?) at Anna Page in Rockford on Sunday and they are putting in another 18 holes. Should be up in 2-3 weeks.

ck34
Apr 06 2004, 09:30 AM
Talked to a nice fellow(local pro?) at Anna Page in Rockford on Sunday and they are putting in another 18 holes

Hope there's a different designer (maybe Gary Lewis?) than the first course. Unless things have changed, that original course has been in my category of weakest course design on one of the nicest sites.

Karma Police
Apr 06 2004, 12:52 PM
If you're refering to some really crazy pin positions( can't even find them sometimes) and that fact that some of the holes are too close together I agree. They could definitely have spread it out a bit more. It wasn't overly busy on Sunday and we had to wait several times for people to throw on holes that we just shouldn't have to. I like the course overall though. It would just be better if it were spread out more. Hopefully the 2nd 18 will be better. How's the progress on the WI 54? Still planning a trip up there in early June if it's ready to go.

chris
Apr 07 2004, 01:12 AM
Madison needs some spring courses!

Karma Police
Apr 07 2004, 08:51 AM
I know. It was so nice yesterday and no where to play. We need to get the surounding areas to get some courses in. Instead I went out to the bar. blah.

Apr 07 2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah they do, you'd think one would be able to open soon!

chris
Apr 08 2004, 03:49 PM
either of you want to play janesville or baraboo, maybe even beaver dam this weekend?

Karma Police
Apr 08 2004, 06:43 PM
Hey Chris,
Rod and I are probably going to go somewhere. If he doesn't want to I will. Kim is going home for Easter after work on Sat. so I'll be looking for something to do. Will have to be back by 5 on Sat. but Sunday doesn't matter. I told Sarah I'd be in contact with her. I'll probably talk to Rod tonight or tomorrow.

chris
Apr 08 2004, 08:11 PM
Well I just heard from Newhouse that Dave Jewell has been having leagues at 11am Saturday down in Janesville lately. I think I'm going to check that out, if no one shows up I still plan on playing there most the day.

Karma Police
Apr 08 2004, 11:44 PM
Rod and I are headed down to Rockford at 8:00 on Saturday morning from my house. If anyone wants to go let me know.

Karma Police
Apr 09 2004, 03:53 PM
Maybe Beaver Dam on Sunday if the weather isn't too crappy. Give a call if you're interested guy/gal. :)

Apr 10 2004, 01:01 AM
Eric, Phill found out he has off work on Sunday, so I think he wants to play Beaver Dam if you still want to.

Karma Police
Apr 10 2004, 07:18 PM
Rod and I are playing it by ear b/c we're not sure what the weather is going to hold...and I may go out for a bit tonight too. If we do go it will probably be around 9/10. Unless it's raining I'm guessing we will go.

Apr 12 2004, 01:46 AM
I live i southern michigan but will be traveling in early july i believe to Madison to see my fiance's sister who lives there. I was wondering what courses you guys have and what is the best one to go to as I might only have a little time to visit only one while i town.
Thanks guys

Karma Police
Apr 12 2004, 08:46 AM
If you can only play one in the madison area I would play Token Creek (Vallerta-Ast disc golf course.) This is a pay to play course but it's only $4 for the day. It's quite beautiful and is more open than our other two courses. But either Hiestand or Elver would be worth the trip depending on what side of town you're on.

Apr 12 2004, 12:33 PM
If you only have time for one course, then you have to go to Token Creek (http://www.pdga.com/courses_by_city.php?id=1216) . It's pay for play, but it's really worth it. It's well kept up, with a good mix of holes. Go here (http://www.discoverwisc.com/madison/album/jsalbum.html) for pictures of all three Madison area courses (you can sort by course at bottom). Elver and Heistand are fun and definitely worth a play, but I think Token is the best of them.

Apr 12 2004, 12:56 PM
cool thanks for the responses guys maybe we can meet up for a round when i come to madison

chris
Apr 12 2004, 01:22 PM
I would have to go with those 2 guys and say Token Creek. My favorite course in Madison is Hiestand Park, but if you can only go to one, Token Creek is the one to go to!

Karma Police
Apr 12 2004, 02:23 PM
trying to go incognito now Chris???

Karma Police
Apr 12 2004, 02:28 PM
drop a PM when you're in town. always looking to meet new disc golfers.

Apr 14 2004, 03:38 AM
I think it will be the weekend of july 2nd or so if i am not mistaken. My fiancee prob won't want to go but I would love to meet up with some playeres who can play and show me the course. it gets old playing with noobs. lol

chris
Apr 14 2004, 03:42 AM
You don't like playing with noobs? That sucks, I'm always up for a round, but I guess you'll have to find someone else. I at least know the courses well!

Karma Police
Apr 14 2004, 09:04 AM
I think I'll be around the 4th of July weekend. It's the am's mad city open that weekend but one/two of the courses should be open. PM when it gets close to the time you'll be here. Look forward to meeting you!

Karma Police
Apr 14 2004, 09:06 AM
noob???? Right Chris....

moolie
Apr 15 2004, 12:16 PM
I will in Madison the first week in May for work and was wondering if anybody knewwhich courses will be in the gound by the 5th.

Karma Police
Apr 15 2004, 12:53 PM
They all SHOULD be in by that time...but the only one that I know of for sure will be Token Creek. $4 for the day to play but worth every penny. Should open the 1st. I'm guessing Hiestand will be in by then too. Not sure if Elver will be in before the Midwest Team Invite or not.

moolie
Apr 15 2004, 01:21 PM
Token is all I really care about. It is 4 miles from my companies corporate Headquarters. Thanks for the 411.

Apr 19 2004, 05:50 PM
DROVE BY HIESTAND SUNDAY ON THE WAY TO WOODMANS AND THE BASKETS ARE IN

Apr 20 2004, 02:53 PM
We put Heistand in this last Friday. Elver possibly will go in this weekend, but should be in by 5/1. And the plans are for Token Creek to be put in on Friday 4/30. Which means for Saturday leagues players that we have one more week at Heistand and then it moves over to Token.

chris
Apr 21 2004, 03:13 PM
I'm playing Madison today!!

Karma Police
Apr 21 2004, 03:23 PM
isn't it a bit wet? maybe I'll come out after work for an a** whoopin' then. If these sharp pains in my arm go away...and no i'm not having a heart attack

Apr 30 2004, 05:04 PM
as an fyi - I have confirmation that Elver is in the ground, and Token was scheduled to go in today as well.

Karma Police
Apr 30 2004, 05:22 PM
token went in yesterday and elver was supposed to go in at 9:00 today. So they should all be up.

Karma Police
May 21 2004, 04:05 PM
No one's posted on here in a while so I thought I would.

May 27 2004, 03:31 PM
gonna be staying with relative in madison on weekend of july 10th and 11th. Hoping to hit at least one course in between doing the family thing lol

Karma Police
May 27 2004, 06:04 PM
I think I will be in town that weekend. Remind me when it gets closer!

May 30 2004, 01:24 PM
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY

Karma Police
Jul 06 2004, 05:05 PM
If you're still coming to town I won't be in town this weekend. Forgot about a family birthday party. :p

Jul 09 2004, 02:38 AM
it's ok
yes i am coming to madison this weekend and will prob play at one of the area courses on sunday afternoon or morning.
which one does everyone recomend

Karma Police
Jul 09 2004, 08:54 AM
Vallarta-Ast aka Token Creek. One of the best in the country by many people's opinion. The pins are in the medium length white placement at the current time. Sorry I can't make it out. Have a good time.

Jul 10 2004, 02:18 PM
i am here in wisconsin now just off of hwy 30 and stoughton rd i believe. we are taking my little nephews to some aquatics park today and prob heading to the course you recommended in deforest sunday i think. Valla arts or whatever it's called. My relatives know where it is. If I go by myself i will go to that course but if i go with family members who never played i will prob go to elver park or somethin since the course in deforest sounds REALLY good but not very beginner friendly. SO i guess it depends on if my family members want to go or not tommorrow. thanks for all the input everyone and I will talk with other golfers on the course i go to. peace out
Lee

Jul 10 2004, 06:03 PM
Actually Token is probably more beginner friendly than Elver or Heistand. Token is more open and much flatter, no real tight wooded fairways or elevation change, than the other two. It is longer though. There is also a $4 per player fee at Token. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Jul 10 2004, 06:23 PM
i was concerned from what iread about course in token it was lot of long holes which concerned me for beginners who can't throw far. hmmm will have to think about it and maybe i can just squeeze out and play by self so i can actually enjoy a good course. :D

chris
Jul 10 2004, 07:13 PM
Yea, Token has short tee's and is the most beginner friendly course in Madison. Sure its long from the long tee's but there aren't many obsticals in the fairways.

Karma Police
Aug 05 2004, 10:54 AM
Anyone know any info on the missing basket #18 at Token? Was out there yesterday and it looked like someone just pulled it right out of the ground...cement and all. Hopefully it just came loose in the heavy rain and the parks people took it out. Otherwise it's the first basket theft I've ever seen there. I was very ****** when I saw it wasn't there. Hopefully there was no need to be.

Karma Police
Oct 18 2004, 02:14 PM
Only two more weeks until token closes. :(

klemrock
Oct 19 2004, 03:31 PM
It was there on Friday afternoon.

Karma Police
Oct 19 2004, 09:16 PM
Well I hope so! that's why I said two weeks. ;)

chris
Nov 05 2004, 08:46 PM
Hi

Karma Police
Nov 08 2004, 05:21 PM
why hello there mr. heeren

chris
Dec 28 2004, 06:02 PM
Are saturday leagues still held at Hiestand at 11am?? I heard about Dave Jewel deciding to stop and possibly Dave Delap holding them?

Karma Police
Jan 05 2005, 09:53 AM
that's what iv'e heard chris. If there's league's this saturday and someone shovel's off the teepads I might come. :)

Karma Police
Jan 17 2005, 10:25 AM
Sarah/Kim/I will be out today at noon at hiestand if anyone else wants to come out. It MIGHT be 10 degrees by then... but I doubt it. :)

discglfr
Jan 18 2005, 02:27 PM
So there is in fact league on THIS Saturday, Jan 22nd? What's the format? Starts at 11?

Karma Police
Jan 18 2005, 02:43 PM
I'm assuming it's every Saturday. i was there 2 weeks ago. 11:00. Random draw doubles from the short tees. Course is a solid sheet of ice right now. Actually quite hazardous. Hopefully it will warm up a bit and melt some of that. but the tee pads are in pretty good shape.

chris
Jan 18 2005, 05:00 PM
If the temperature is above and the wind below "20" I'll probably make the trip up there this weekend.

Chainiac
Jan 18 2005, 05:16 PM
So the over/under for Saturday is 20? ;)

schwinn2
Jan 18 2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Man "Chris" = major whimp
Am Woman "Marie" = superwoman (or something like that)

Fifteen people (inlcuding me and the tough pros like Bammert, Baartman, Ebens, and Master Barrette) were at league last Saturday in the below zero temps. Todd and Madden had done an awesome job w/ scrapping ice off the teepads. League is every Saturday, 11:00, whether there's rain, snow, or below zero temps.

chris
Jan 19 2005, 02:39 AM
I was moving my stuff back into the dorms last weekend, now Madison leagues is a 1h15min trip now :(

discglfr
Jan 21 2005, 12:47 PM
With all of the fresh new snow on the way do you guys think there will be a good turnout for league tomorrow? I'm debating about getting over there but I wouldn't want to come if the snow scares everyone off.

Just trying to get a feel...

Jan 21 2005, 05:28 PM
Count me in. Leagues or no leagues I'll be there for at least one round at 11:00.

chris
Jan 21 2005, 05:52 PM
I found out I have other plans for tonight, I'm sure I won't be making it tomorrow, also I heard on the radio we are suppose to get 7'' of snow. Not sure how accurate that is but I will most likely spend the weekend in Platteville.

schwinn2
Jan 21 2005, 07:23 PM
There are lots of sick disc golf addicts in Madison, so I'm guessing that there will be a decent turn-out. Two weeks ago, we had fresh snow and 20 people showed up. Last week was below zero and 15 people showed up. Dan Madden, Todd Ebens, and others always take excellent care of the teepads during the winter. I'm guessing there will be a crew out tomorrow before league taking care of the pads. I'm guessing help would be greatly appreciated. Ben and I will be there around 9:30-10:00 w/ shovels and sand if anyone's interested.

ck34
Jan 21 2005, 07:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, doesn't your local Park Dept maintain skating rinks, groom cross country ski trails, and clear parking lots in parks with sledding hills? Wonder why we shouldn't be pressing them to maintain tee pads in the winter since disc golf is arguably a year-round sport? I think I'll pursue that with some of our Park Depts around the Twin Cities before next winter.

Jan 22 2005, 12:03 AM
Not that it will make or break leagues, but I was convinced that I am needed at work tomorrow in Janesville so unfortunately I won't be able to play after all. I guess the winners will have to do without my $5. :D Have a great round!

schwinn2
Jan 22 2005, 06:37 PM
In response to Chuck... The parks department does nothing for the courses in Madison. All the work is done by volunteers. You should contact Brad Wendt about this matter. He does a huge amount of the volunteer work. During the summer, he's the one that grooms the courses and empties all the trash cans.

ck34
Jan 22 2005, 08:01 PM
That's too bad a Park Dept as large as Madison hasn't seen the benefits of the sport sufficiently to do normal maintenance by now. Most Twin Cities suburbs do the mowing and trash collection except maybe one course. I talked with some of the guys at league today and we're going to work with some of the more receptive Depts to see about more parking lot and tee pad clearing in their budget for next winter.

Jan 26 2005, 10:53 PM
Brad wendt and I met with the parks about a month ago to discuss some course improvement issues at Hiestand. Tom from the parks was very responsive to our needs. Our needs being black dirt, crushed rock, and grass seed. However, labor is another issue. Tom told us that the parks don't have the resourses to offer us any labor help at all. That includes machinery and people power. So we are trying to take it 1 step at a time. We are hoping that by the end of the summer that we will work out a situation for the parks to pick up trash cans off of the course. That would in itself be a breakthrough. The major problem with the madison city parks is that we run into a lot of vandalism on the course from area neighborhoods. The disc golfers themselves really aren't the problem for the most part. The disc golfers take the brunt of the blame for the disrepair, even though it is the neighborhood kids who are breaking bottles on the tee pads and spray painting the tee signs and pads. We are slowly but surely trying to re-establish a good line of communication with the city to rectify these issues. Anybody from the madison area who reads this we will be doing a good deal of this labor between march and may. If you are interested in helping out in any way, shape, or form, please contact the MADC for work dates. Just remember, you only have to give back a little to make a big difference! :D

Feb 11 2005, 05:00 PM
In response to Chuck. I think most Park Dept. think that once the course is in that's it. Done deal. They don't seem to realize that courses need maintenance. I know in the valley we seem to have that problem with a couple of our courses, but I quess that's where local clubs come into play. And Madison has one of the best clubs I've ever seen. I think they have alot of dedicated golfers and some great leaders. Hats off to all you.

Feb 15 2005, 09:57 AM
Hiestand will be pulled on thursday the 17th of FEB. Anyone interested in helping come to the park @ 9 A.M. :D

Karma Police
Feb 15 2005, 12:39 PM
don't you people have to work?? :)

chris
Feb 15 2005, 02:30 PM
So there is going to be no more Saturday winter leagues??

kvo
Feb 15 2005, 05:58 PM
Chris, Leagues are going to be taking place in Baraboo for those interested. Check the Baraboo Spring Leagues thread

Feb 16 2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah, but the course also has to be mantained. Gotta make time for priorities. Stuff won't get done on it's own! :p

10xeagle
Feb 23 2005, 07:52 PM
Played Beaver Dam today. It's the closest couse to my house for now.
Most of the long tees were cleared. I cleared the couple that were not. There is a couple of inches of snow with ice underneath in places so be careful.

Feb 24 2005, 10:19 AM
Went to Baraboo yesterday, not looking too bad. We shoveled the tees off, so hopefully with some sun they will be perfect come saturday! :D

Apr 14 2005, 12:24 PM
We are hoping to get Elver park in sometime next week. Just have to clear it witth city first. :D

Apr 28 2005, 09:11 AM
Elver is now in the ground for your playing pleasure. Token Creek should be in as of Friday evening. Enjoy! :cool:

Karma Police
Dec 08 2005, 09:20 AM
Lost my blue Special Blend Roc on hole #13 at Hiestand yesterday in the snow. Looked and looked but couldn't find it. If any kind soul finds it please let me know! Probably a long shot I know. I cracked 2 of my putters in half before that too. Crazy day of golf!

MADCITYDISC
Apr 12 2006, 07:05 PM
Elver park will be going in the ground on Friday afternoon. Anyone interested in helping can contact through the PM or at [email protected]

MADCITYDISC
Apr 13 2006, 12:47 PM
Sorry about the miscommunication folks. Apparently upon further review the Madison Parks Dept. does not want Elver to go in anytime before April 21st. This info came from Brad who spoke directly with the parks supervisor. Didn't mean to give out false hope with the first announcement. If we had our way it would be in already! I will keep everyone abreast of the situaton as it unfolds. Once again sorry for getting everyone's hopes up. Including my own. :p

Karma Police
Apr 13 2006, 01:48 PM
Oh... my heart just sank Todd! But I guess I can wait another week. ;) Took Monday off and am headed down to Sinnissippi park so i'll get my disc golf fix in somehow this weekend!

Karma Police
Apr 19 2006, 08:18 AM
Looking at Elver going in this Friday maybe???

MADCITYDISC
Apr 19 2006, 01:47 PM
At this time we do not have a definate date from the parks. The ultimately have the say, we can only hope it is soon. Although as long as it doesn't rain a ton in the next few days Token Creek should be going in Saturday. In which case league will be there on Saturday as well.

Karma Police
Apr 19 2006, 03:54 PM
That would be nice. I see a some rain in the forecast though. But token handles the rain better than any other course in town. It's amazing how fast it dries out sometimes. Headed to IOS on Saturday but would be at token all day sunday if it's open!

10xeagle
Apr 21 2006, 12:31 AM
What time and where are you meeting to put the baskets in at Token? I'd be more than happy to help.

Karma Police
Apr 21 2006, 01:20 PM
If anything is going in this afternoon before 3:30 drop me a line! [email protected] I will see if I can get off of work early. Otherwise I can come out around 6:00 to help too.

MADCITYDISC
Apr 25 2006, 12:17 PM
Elver park has been installed for play. Enjoy!

Karma Police
Apr 25 2006, 01:14 PM
Just to reiterate what Brad said in his email DO NOT take your dogs to Elver or Hiestand. They are not allowed. Dogs are allowed at Token ONLY IF THEY ARE ON LEASH. Some might not think it's a big deal but please don't bring your dogs to Elver or Hiestand. I know most of us follow these rules but gently remind others when you see them on the course with their dogs.

Karma Police
Mar 14 2007, 09:49 AM
Hiestand is pulled and closed! Please stay off the vulnerable ground until the baskets go back in.. hopefully early May.

Karma Police
Apr 23 2007, 08:22 PM
It's back in! But I think everyone already knows. :D

MADCITYDISC
Jun 12 2008, 11:07 AM
As most everyone knows we have gotten an abnormal abundance of rain here in the past few weeks. It is staring to rear it's head in the form of erosion and soft earth. When venturing out to any of the courses(in particular those with more elevation/erosion problems) please be cautious and aware of the worn spots. We have gone to great lengths to help this situation with course improvements over the course of the past few years. Help us keep it that way! Thanks a bunch and happy flights. Peace. :D