Apr 01 2003, 05:11 PM
Hit my first ace, last Thursday. SE Teebird TL. Left handed hyzer through the woods about 200 ft at Burns Park, North Little Rock, Arkansas. Hole 17 Red course.

Took me three years. Now how to explain to my new girlfriend, what a ace in disc golf is. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

MTL21676
Apr 01 2003, 07:20 PM
Mine was hole 3 at Kentwood in Raleigh NC at the old hole location....threw a Roc way to hard, hit a branch and it fell in..i was 16 (started playing when i was 11)....it was pretty cool...didnt get number 2 till this psat may.....and I'm pround to say I got my 9th ace this afternoon...and check this out..i had my video camera out and was trying to ace it..the battery died litteraly in flight of the ace.....so i didnt get it....i was kinda mad...

Apr 01 2003, 10:55 PM
Mine was 1/17/03 at Kilborne Park Charlotte NC on hole #1. Exactly two months later hole #2 became my second. Can't wait for a tourney on the 17th of the month!

Apr 02 2003, 10:34 AM
Ace? Why do you think my name is Noaceyet?
Well I got close a few times. Hole#8 and #9 @ Prompton Dam. Eight, I put it right next to the pin, which got me a case of beer. And nine hit the basket, rolled away, and I carded a three.

I'll keep you posted

Apr 05 2003, 02:56 PM
1st year, played a ton, last year, played some, this year, just starting the season off and then it gets cold. I've had zero aces, but in columbus, OH, I've hit the chains on holes number 1, 7 and 17 at Hoover (BHMO) without it staying in. I've hit the top of the basket on #1 (not the part with the number, the part that holds the chains), as well as the pin and the bottom basket. I hit every single part of number 7's basket. I hit #8's basket while in the woods position and it didn't go in. On #3 I heard it clang the basket and went to see it sitting on the ground next to it (no chains though). I've had some at some other courses in Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati too, but I'm still waiting for number 1, haha.

The worst was my one on hole 17 at Hoover, you know where the pin is and how to get there. You can either throw it low and dead straight with a slight left at the end or low with a little right, then left at the end. There's almost no margin for error. But I throw a perfect shot, while my friend coughs at the same time I shoot, and hear the chains. I go running up in joy, jumping up and down with joy all around my face. Get there and see my disc sitting about 3 feet from the basket cuz it fell out of the chains. Then some people ask if I just aced that hole when we make the walk out of the woods to hole 18 just for me to say "nope, it fell out".

xterramatt
Apr 20 2003, 01:01 PM
Man, I almost bagged one yesterday, hole 1 at Reedy Creek, hit the basket with a hyzering Champion Shark. Clang!!!

This only 9 holes after I was whining about not yet getting one... I should shut up.

I wasn't in the ace pool, I'd rather have the ace then the money...

Apr 20 2003, 04:02 PM
Yesterday myself and 4 of my friends were out running the last 5 courses of the great 8. I left to see a friend of mine while they played cedarock. When I got back they were on some playoff holes.

Well anyway we were talking about who was still an ace virgin. The guy on the tee was an ace virgin and we were joking around saying it would be funny if he aced. Well he threw it and CLANG(hole two short course Cedarock). Him and his partner go running down the hill. It went through the chains. Their team lost on the next playoff hole.

Apr 21 2003, 03:26 AM
my first ace... I had been playing about 6 months. hole 18 redan park, GA, 215 ft. I threw a ce valk. on a 215 foot hole! beginners luck. 2nd ace; 1 month ago. same course, same hole. this time with a 179g kc roc. that's more like it.

hazard
Apr 21 2003, 08:48 AM
Just thought I would mention...I am one of the friends who was with Will, but not the ace virgin. I believe it was actually two days before that, I got my first one at Cedar Hills #12 from the short tee. Forehand shot with a slight flex...Z-MRV.

The guy who just barely missed the one at Cedarock was the only witness, I think.

I thought it was kind of funny...his shot was a HARD turnover backhand with a dilapidated KC Gazelle that I found some time ago and Larry Leonard didn't want back. After various adventures with people who weren't really Kris Henseler it found its way back and now he uses it.

I proceeded to get almost the same trajectory using a CE Firebird FL that I'm actually borrowing from the guy who just missed the ace.

Apr 21 2003, 11:13 AM
I got my first Ace and $157 about 4 weeks ago at the El Dorado Monthly. There was a $202 Ace pool that I shared plus all the love from fellow golfers.
Hole #11 with a Candy Spider (perhaps the best midrange ever made)!!!'
If I had missed the basket, I would have surely went out of bounds!!!

Apr 21 2003, 06:20 PM
I was playing a local 10-hole basket course this weekend with only one prior recorded ace on a different hole. I came up to #10 which is a downhill shot with out-of-bounds the entire left side (road) and brush & berries along the right side. The fairway funnels down into a 12 foot wide area where the basket is. The hole is only 210', but miss 10 feet left and you're OB, miss anywhere in the first 190' on the right and you're blocked from a direct putt, or even underneath 10 feet high blackberries.
I threw a high, soft thumber with a JK-Valk that cut left, turned back right and hit about 5 feet short of the basket. The downhill slope and the dropping angle of the shot provided the perfect angle off the ground. The disc flexed and jumped right into the basket. I have seen at least a dozen aces and that is the first bouncing ace off any type of overhand shot. This was my 4th ace (2 of them on this course) and 3 of the 4 with Valks.

Apr 21 2003, 08:01 PM
My first ace was June 3, 2002, and I started playing January 1997. Took me a while, but it was on hole #6 at Farm Life Disc Golf. The hole is about 165 ft. and plays sorta like a wide "U", with a mandatory hyzer around a big pine about half way down the fairway. I threw 175g Ontario Roc, nothing fancy just a nice soft hyzer on the perfect line. The funny thing after an ace is that you always seem to keep using the same disc on that hole just because you aced with it before. But i lost the disc about a month ago /msgboard/images/clipart/sad.gif

Apr 22 2003, 12:58 AM
I am the ace virgin decribed by my counterparts Bob Weston and Will Joyner. The miss at cedarrock was tough to take, especially after watching Bob ace on #12 of Cedar Hills. It should be noted though that I parked a birdie at #20 of cedarrock, which anyone can tell you is a very very long shot. Good ol' QJLS, nuthin' beats it /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

P.S. And thanks Frank for actually making the putt on #20, it was doubles....

MTL21676
Apr 22 2003, 02:49 AM
June of 2000....i was 16...the older hole posistion on hole 3 at kentwood in Raleigh (the one right beside the creek)....threw it little too far, got some tree branches benind the bsaket and it slam the chains....173 Roc.....still got the disc.....didnt get my 2nd till May..i now have 9....needless to say, I've been draining them left and right since(including the same hole twice in the same day)

MTL21676
Apr 22 2003, 02:52 AM
since yall mentioned aceing 12 at Cedar Hills from the short tee...does anyone know what happened to that guy who hit hole 12 when the Ace Pool was like 700...in his first tourney...no one has seen him since...

Apr 22 2003, 05:16 PM
I see him at the course sometimes Leonard...He is sporting a new bag, and a few new discs...not to mention a cutie on his side...

Apr 22 2003, 09:06 PM
It's not my first ace,but cool anyway,I have
gotten an ace in the last 3 tournaments this year.
Florence,Nashville and Birmingham this weekend.
#8-Florence,#5 (Cedar Hill) Nashville,and #4 in
Birmingham........Deano

Apr 22 2003, 10:08 PM
"I have gotten an ace in the last 3 tournaments this year.... #5 (Cedar Hill)"

#5?? The hole after crossing the road into the parking lot? Dang man that's a shot! I'm the longest thrower in my circle of friends and I still doubt I could get a disc all the way to the basket, much less in it. Maybe if i break in this new Beast I have.....

BTW, Mr.Johnson, Steve if you will, this is TJ whom you met 1st and the Kentwood classic thjen most recently as I passed through your group in in a tounrey at Cedar Hills. Throw 'em good my friend.

TJ

Apr 23 2003, 12:03 AM
TJ,

I believe the #5 that Dean Tannock is referring to is at Cedar Hill in Nashville TN. Not Cedar Hills in Raleigh NC.

Kirk

davidbihl
Apr 23 2003, 12:34 AM
Grand woods park...lansing, Mi...David throws his...uhhh....red barracuda....cause it has a cool fish on it....with big teeth...and it goes in the basket....on accident...yahhooo....1st ace!!!!!!!Yeha baby!!!

Apr 23 2003, 07:15 AM
"I believe the #5 that Dean Tannock is referring to is at Cedar Hill in Nashville TN. Not Cedar Hills in Raleigh NC."

"oh"

P.S. You can quote me on that /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

MTL21676
Apr 23 2003, 07:23 PM
Dont feel bad TJ.....i was thinking the SAME thing....

slo
Feb 27 2006, 03:05 AM
I witnessed the first ever by Nick Karanzias; #5 middle @ locally world famous El Dorado Park DGC. Congrats Nick; yours came alot faster than most of ours!

scottsearles
Feb 27 2006, 02:53 PM
My 1st came in the 3rd round i had ever thrown a Disc. I was partnered up with the guy that got me into the Sport in a casual Dub's round.

So 1st hole i'm up 1st out of the group, throwing a used beat to heck 167 Raven.It is a short hole under 175', i flip it flat on a line so hard it would have gone 100' past i'm told after the shot. It crashes in to start the round -2 partner is very stoked. I was also! :D

dischawk20
Feb 27 2006, 04:19 PM
no ace yet but the closest i came was at Ewing in Des Moines, IA. Hole 3, short pad. I threw it way off target to the right, then it hits a tree which somehow redirects it right at the basket, hits the chains dead center, and SOMEHOW falls out.... i coulda swore it was in the basket for 3 seconds and then fell out but o well.

ANHYZER
Feb 27 2006, 04:22 PM
First ace hole 10 long at Morley Field, 426' witnessed by NATION. (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php) 17 since...

Parkntwoputt
Feb 27 2006, 04:28 PM
My first ace was really sweet.

Starting hole #2 at GW Park in Birmingham at the '05 Tax Tourney. I am up first, take out my standard driver for my standard shot on the hole. Intending to throw straight out and bend it around the large oak it is behind at 332ft. Instead I let go a hair early and it is on a B-line to the basket (with a very stable Talon I am concerned it will skip far left of the basket. Instead it hits a root at the base of the oak and bends anhyzer around the tree and crashes into the chains. 2 other tee pads witness the ace and all 11 other people who see it groan in disgust because they thought i was in the ace pot (which I wasn't)

So I was estatic to start the tournament at -2. Well, of course the tournament ace curse came and got me when my tee shot on the next hole got stuck 6'8" up in a tree, that was only 7ft tall. Circle 5 on that hole. Back to even. PBBBBTTT!!!

thetruthxl
Feb 27 2006, 06:24 PM
Not 1st, but not the only one on the hole!

#17 Knollwood Park (Gangsta Park) Kalamazoo, MI @175'

3 groups of doubles were playing a tight match with alot of 50/1 dollars going around for dots and CTPs.
I step up first to throw with a newer dx rhyno and float a nice downhill blind helix and we hear splash! ACE!!!
My partner shoots, the next team throws, the partner of the last guy throws, and then Tim VanDyke pounds an ace with mine still sitting in the basket (I asked if anyone wanted my disc out, but they said it was good luck and to leave it in!)
Tim and I both got the aces on the same hole, 4 people apart in the group of 6!!!
Tim was mad b/c he said that's the first time he's gotten an ace and hasn't moved to the front of the card!!
I love this sport!

chris
Feb 28 2006, 12:23 PM
One of my friends 'first ace' was pretty remarkable. It was his first ever round of playing disc golf and he couldnt throw the disc more than 150', so after half way through the round we tried teaching him how to throw an S curve to get more distance, he tried it on Hole 12 of Token Creek in Madisin, WI and it S'ed out striaght into the basket 205' away. It was his farthest throw ever and only the 12th hole he has ever played . . . . . that could be grounds for a disc golf world record ( earliest ace in career? ) :)

Mar 01 2006, 12:43 PM
I have yet to hit my first ace. I've come close a couple of times. I forget which hole it was but I was at Tyler State Park right outside of philly. It was about a 250' hole ending with a sharp right turn. I threw a dx stingray and turned around in disgust at how bad I threw it. *CHING* I hear chains, turn around, and watch my disc jump out of the bottom of the basket.

quickdisc
Mar 04 2006, 04:03 PM
My first ace ( Natural Object , since they didn't have pole holes yet ) was in 1973. 240' across the street , hit the telephone pole with a Whamo disc. Lots of hyzer.

My first ace on a Basket course ( Pole Hole ) was at Oak Grove ( Now Hahamongna watershed park ) in 1976 , with a Night Flyer Whamo disc.

Dang !!!!! That was over 30 years ago !!!!! :eek:

pterodactyl
Mar 05 2006, 01:30 PM
My first ace was an anti-ace! :o 250' with Slice #2.

sleepy
Mar 09 2006, 09:58 PM
Mine was a Tomahawk with a gazelle. I have had 6 tomahawk aces in all now

Mar 11 2006, 02:46 AM
I was in a tourny this past week end in Fort Smith Arkansas at Ben Geren park on hole #10 and clanked the basket oooooohhhhhh.If you are ever in the Fort Smith area you need to play this course.We have a club called W.A.F.D.A WESTERN ARKANSAS FLYING DISC ASSO. You can contact us on the discussion board under club affiliates.We have a big tourny called Hell On The Board in sept..We are looking at an added pures of about 3000 to 5000 this year so you might want to try to make this one.It should be posted soon on pdga tournys.We will soon have our web site up and running at wafda.org keep watching for that for more info on the tourny.Any questions contact us on the club affiliates link. Thanks flinggingburel ////ANYBODY SEEN ANDY :confused: :confused:

youngster
Jun 12 2009, 01:33 AM
i hit my first ace. it was with 2 witnesses. i've been due for an ace. after 3 years i have mine. the whole was at where i learned to play. a school called kenlworth jr. high school. it was sort of a hidden hole. hole 10. this was a 275 foot big hyzer shot. sort of like the below drawing:
............basket..O2.............2..=..path
............TREES..IIIII..IIIIII2
.................................[]
..................................Tee

the funny thing was tht i had just lost my go to disc the round before so i went and bought this and another disc this day that i made the ace. i have a tourny, B-day memorial, in less then 2 days. so now i have to go get another one of these discs again tommorow. what is this disc?

A CREAMY 171 Champ Wraith

only thrown 5 times before this ace. it blew my dad away. he had never seen a real-life ace. i'm personally still in shock. by the way i'm drilling a hole into it tonight.

AirMcNair
Jun 13 2009, 04:47 PM
I hit my very first ace right before BG Ams this year. It was at doubles with a $400 ace pot. The best part about it all was that my fiance was there to see it as well. The course was Barfield Crescent in Murfreesboro, TN hole 13 long with a 175 12x Star Wraith.

Chris Hysell
Jun 13 2009, 07:40 PM
I had my second tournament ace of the year today. I wish I would have kept track of how many tourney aces I have had. I quit counting after 30 tourney aces.

keithjohnson
Jun 13 2009, 11:41 PM
I had my second tournament ace of the year today. I wish I would have kept track of how many tourney aces I have had. I quit counting after 30 tourney aces.

Yeah,
Well when your the first person to have 2 aces on the same numbered hole on 2 courses on the same property and have 1 of them on film we'll talk. :)

Chris Hysell
Jun 14 2009, 08:30 AM
That was pretty nice. I think i'll remind Mike of that next year when he is good and drunk so that he'll keep saying it over and over on the microphone.