discglfr
Sep 23 2001, 11:43 AM
This past weekend, I found that a fellow WI player (SUPPOSEDLY) won a tournament in Iowa sometime this year? I can't seem to find this even on the calendar ANYWHERE and he says it was sanctioned. In fact, he SAYS it was a B-Tier in which he beat Schaak and Branch and a few other big names. Well, if you haven't figured it out, I am pretty skeptical of this whole story since most of it doesn't make sense. Anyways, if anyone knows of ANY details that might even remotely relate to what even it could have been or if they've ever even seen his name on any card at any event, that would be great.

Oh, some of you have been screwed over by him for disc sales and other general lies before so make sure you watch out for him.

Terry Miller

Sep 23 2001, 01:33 PM
That would be the Kalona-Bologna Open in Kalona, IA, deep in Amish country. I think he beat Horace Schack and Maynard Branch for the title. He won pretty handily as the final round was on Sunday and no one else would play. Other 'big' names there were Belvidere Alber-Novachek and John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt.

Tell him thanks for the Keith Climo autographed Jaguar. I guess they go for $50 on E-bay but he let me have one for $30.

Iowa Boo-ey

discglfr
Oct 12 2001, 01:06 PM
MORE follow up says that he is STICKING to his story that he won an IOWA event? Can ANYONE in Iowa vow for anything of this nature? Again, a 19 year old that won 500 for winning a B-Tier event over the Winnie Crew and many others?

The re-sparking of this thread comes from him telling most of WI that he was going to be at the USDGC this week. I didn't happen to catch his name anywhere so just thought I'd see where he is at. Maybe Nike flew him somewhere to win another tournament that doesn't exist?

morgan
Oct 13 2001, 11:06 PM
The whole story is a lie. Sure, he was there, and maybe he DID beat the Winnie crew, and yeah, he edged out Steve Rico and Ken Climo and Cam Todd, sure. But he didn't come in first place because I did.

discglfr
Oct 14 2001, 04:11 PM
I see, well, maybe I'll send him this thread because even after we gave him a chance to back out of his multiple lies, he INSISTED on the above listed details. So, everyone on this board watch out because he's already burned a few people for money and discs.

What I don't get is Barry Schultz is the best sport in the game yet Ryan who grew up idolizing him, is a complete smack. Oh well.

Barry in the middle of taking the USDGC as I type! Or wait, maybe Ryan is down there and winning it. hahahaha

Terry

morgan
Oct 14 2001, 09:27 PM
I predict Ryan will come from behind to beat Barry, but I will probably wind up on top.

Oct 16 2001, 03:44 PM
This is pretty funny. Alright, here are some actual details. First of all, there were only two events in Iowa that payed anywhere near $500- Jones in Cedar Rapids and the Challenge in Des Moines. They were won by Jeff Harper and Kevin Babbit respectively. The other "irony" of the story is that I met Dave Feldberg at worlds and he said that he would love to come through Iowa if they had an A tier event, which obviously we do not have. The only thing I remember about somebody from Wisconsin is an amateur that showed up with some little hotty at Des Moines, but this guy was way too cool to have said something this stupid. The Kalona Bologna? Man, that's only 20 minutes from where I live. How did I miss that one?

uwmdiscgolfer
Oct 18 2001, 03:17 PM
Ryan Genkse is the biggest patological liar that i have ever meet! ive known him since the 6th grade and he has lied his entire life. I remeber him telling me all this bull ***** a couple of months ago and of course i never beilve a word he said. he also told me he was going to the USDGC and worlds etc..... dont ever buy discs from him because he will rip you off or lie to you or something along those lines.

chris
Sep 23 2002, 10:29 PM
I bought a new CE-FireBird from Ryan 3 or 4 months ago for $10 because he said it was "super" stable. But after hitting tree's and landing on cement for 3 months the disc actually flips when thrown into a headwind. Can you believe that???? He ripped me off big time. Dammn him!

Sep 24 2002, 07:06 AM
Wow, how ironic that a post would come exactly one year to the day of the thread's origin after being dormant for nearly the entire year.

Sep 24 2002, 09:17 AM
Hey Clue. So you didn't get the invite to the Kalona-Bologna Open? It's the premier DFL tournament in the state! All DFL's get invites! Wonder how they missed you? (j/k) /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

I know I had a blast! Especially when my competition all wore black in 96 degree heat and were dropping like flies.

Gotta love the Amish!

(This parity was brought to you by the twisted mind of the KING OF THE DFL'S!)

FEAR MY DFL SKILLS!

Sep 24 2002, 09:18 AM
OOPS... meant parody. Way to early this morning.

LOL!

Sep 24 2002, 09:31 AM
OOPS...I think you meant "too" early.

Sep 24 2002, 01:41 PM
See! That's why I should avoid this board first thing in the morning!

/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

discglfr
Sep 24 2002, 09:43 PM
Well, here we are a year later and Ryan Genske is still a liar. Oh well. What can you do?

I tell you, some of the Sheboygan kids have issues. I grew up seeing them almost every weekend and if one isn't changing scores for the other then they will get you by ripping off a nearby soda machine or a World's committee.

Good to hear from your Heeren!

Ter

chris
Sep 25 2002, 12:54 AM
Hey!
That Sheboygan kid ripping off soda machines is gonna be my doubles partner this weekend. Let's see what you have to say about him after the tournament!

discglfr
Sep 26 2002, 07:44 PM
First off, you should just be happy this event isn't sanctioned so that your partner isn't sitting it out.

Secondly, I will still call him a cheat and a thief. I don't care if you beat us by 1, 10, or a case of soda, he's still a thief.

Hopefully we don't have a drunk Sheboygan golfer try to strangle the TD like last year, because that was pretty cool.

Show up to an event drunk, don't listen at a player's meeting, disregard a rule because another person from Sheboygan said so, get stroked, then literally jump onto the TD and strangle him. Goodness, the more I think about it, the more I can't wait to get there this weekend.

I'm glad my buddy Held was some good sense in him otherwise I would have to start to think some of these people had problems. hahaha

What's your team name? "Team one of us ripped off the PDGA last year and one of us didn't"?

Later

Ter

Sep 27 2002, 12:59 AM
Ahhh...the power of cheese. I've never played in Wisconsin. I should get up there sometime, it sounds a lot more exciting than here.

axldog
Sep 27 2002, 01:52 PM
How many strokes do you think Chris & Aaron will beat "Team Pink Bag" by?

Go Team S.W.E.D.

discglfr
Sep 27 2002, 02:14 PM
Huh? Who is Axldog? Anyways, the pink bag was never carried by myself or by my partner. I am not saying I will never have it, (because Kozy did that once and next thing you know, he shoots the worst round) but I do know that Mike and myself do not have it.

Again, if Chris and Aaron beat us, no biggie. IF I were to drop out of high school to pursue a life a crime, I think I would be pretty good too. Heck, maybe Aaron should try to get a job at a bank, apparently he knows how to go there to cash multiple checks.

specialk
Sep 27 2002, 02:29 PM
I have played up there and actually played a league night in Appleton. Great bunch of guys. They related an amusing story of a skinny Sheboygan kid who whined so much after an event that a former Am Champion hoisted him above his head and threw him in the lake to the rousing approval of the gallery. I was skeptical at first, but now it seems plausible.

Any confirmation of the accuracy of the story, Terry?

chris
Sep 27 2002, 02:41 PM
I think I've heard that story too. By the way, I think if Terry loses to us then he should use the pink bag in the next tournament!!!

axldog
Sep 27 2002, 03:02 PM
Don't get your Pink Bag all bunched up in your crack now ....

chris
Sep 30 2002, 02:31 PM
Awww, it looks like Terry lost by 9 strokes /msgboard/images/clipart/sad.gif
So where's that pink bag of yours??

discglfr
Sep 30 2002, 07:47 PM
Wow Heeren...

Talking trash here when really that was not my intent. This thread's origin was about the validity of Ryan Genske's story over a year ago. I now know that there is no way his story was true and so that's settled.

That leads us to Aaron "suspended from the PDGA and has given NOTHING back to this sport ever" and you matching up for a doubles event at Aaron's second home course. Heck, what can I say about all of that. You shot a 14 under when I shot an 11 and Aaron shot a 12. Second round my partner and I struggled while in the meantime you had Aaron who has dropped out of high school so he could play disc golf as his only semi-real job, sweet. Then in the last round (the most difficult because it was not singles or best shot but instead alternate), my partner and I shot the hottest round on the course.

Again, hands down, Aaron and Heeren (which has a real cute ring to it) are awesome. Will you both beat me in the future, yes. Do I have a problem with that, NO. That doesn't make Aaron any cooler so that's where the problem lies.

Also, for the people that are concerned with the Pink Bag, had it been there, Psat would have had it after the first round and somehow Ryan or Pat Hammil would have had it after the 3rd round.

uwmdiscgolfer
Aug 17 2006, 06:21 PM
This post was sweet, we should start it up again.

PINK BAG!