Shanty Creek Disc Golf Course
Good course with potential to become great. Situated at the top of a ski hill, the 9 holes balance between wooded and open shots. The pads are all dirt or unkept gravel and the holes are marked par 4 or 5 but should all be played no more than par 3, even for an amateur like me. What makes it a challenge is the near-constant winds coming up the hill, making it a great place to anticipate and learn to play the breeze. With a little attention and better use of the wooded areas at their disposal, it could become an attraction.
The course location isn't well marked. Take Shanty Creek Rd up to the Lakeview Hotel. Just right of there in the same complex is the Conference Center. Walk around the right side of the building and the first tee is from the right corner of the cement patio. The nice people in the hotel's Fitness Center have maps, but you probably won't need one.
Courses Close By
- Palmer Park, Mancelona MI USNo votes yet
- Camp Hayo-Went-Ha, Central Lake MI USNo votes yet
- East Jordan Community Park, East Jordan MI US(1 vote)
- Log Lake Park, Kalkaska MI US(1 vote)
- Avalanche Preserve Recreation Area, Boyne City MI US(1 vote)
- Boyne Mountain Ski Resort, Boyne Falls MI USNo votes yet
- Herman Park, Suttons Bay MI USNo votes yet
- Northwestern Michigan College, Traverse City MI US(1 vote)
- Terrace Park, Traverse City MI US(1 vote)
- Aspen Park Disc Golf Course, Gaylord MI US(1 vote)