Bird Bay Disc Golf Course
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
I liked the course. They do charge between $15 - $20 to play at this course, but you can opt to get a cart, which is nice if you want to play 18 holes. It is interesting getting used to the catchers being on the other side of the ball golf greens, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I really like hole 11, which has the ball golf green approach, and then you have to throw over a pond to hit the catcher on the other side. There wasn't much in the way of throwing through trees, but there were enough ponds and water to make interesting. Overall a good course that I would play again.
This course wouldn't be so bad if they kept up with maintenance and there wasn't a dress code. Went there a few times with friends and the tee markers were either destroyed or missing altogether (it appeared the lawn service people ran them over and left the splintered wood everywhere), and I wore a modest tank top and was forced to wear a sweater over it (in 90 degree weather) because I hadn't been previously informed of the rules and they could not make an exception because they didn't want to offend the residents or their ball golf clientele. This course is surrounded by an apartment complex and follows a golf course so on a busy day you're waiting to cross golfers paths as well as pedestrians and losing a disc on someones roof is a definite possibility. All in all the course itself was pretty nice, fairly plain with long, flat, open holes, occasionally a hill, and one or two water hazards, but the atmosphere was not very welcoming. Not really for casual players just looking to get a round in.
Courses Close By
- Wellfield Park, Venice FL US(2 votes)
- Lakeview Park, Sarasota FL US(3 votes)
- Ann Dever Park, Englewood FL US(1 vote)
- Sun-N-Fun RV Resort, Sarasota FL USNo votes yet
- Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County, Sarasota FL USNo votes yet
- Payne Park, Sarasota FL US(1 vote)
- North Charlotte Regional Park, Port Charlotte FL US(3 votes)
- Murdock Baptist Church Disc Golf Course, Port Charlotte FL USNo votes yet
- North Watertower Park, Sarasota FL US(3 votes)
- Franz Ross Park, Port Charlotte FL USNo votes yet