Bear Trail Disc Golf Course
Pros: Currently the only course in Conway. If you are a student, you can check out nice discs from the HPER center for no cost. Challenging course with enough room for full drives. A few holes offer big open distance shots, and a few demand accurate throws. Nice Mach 5 baskets. The grass is trimmed nicely in 90% of areas. Excellent sign with course map by parking lot. Great putting practice area.
Cons: Not a lot of shade so the course can be very hot in the summer. The woods are very, very thick, so discs can get lost very easily if they are thrown into the woods. #9 is placed too far from the entrance to the course, requiring a long walk back to the entrance. If the creek is up, the small rock bridge that crosses back over the creek after #9 is inaccessible, requiring an even longer walk back around the creek to the car.
Other Thoughts: The course is definitely a work in progress. For the only course around, it's not bad. Once you've played it a few times, you really don't think anything of the long walk back to the car after #9, and you learn where and where not to throw it to avoid the rough stuff. Also, the UCA physical plant is responsible for course maintenance, and they are slowly learning where they need to mow. So, the course gets a little better every time. There are plans to expand the course to 18 holes with concrete tee pads within the next year, making it a respectable championship course with a little redesigning. There are also plans to have hole signs like those uploaded to the course pics at each tee box by fall 2012.
Courses Close By
- Beaverfork Disc Golf Course, Conway AR USNo votes yet
- Greenbrier Disc Golf Course, Greenbrier AR USNo votes yet
- Timberwolf Disc Golf Course, Morrilton AR USNo votes yet
- Pine Valley Golf Course, Sherwood AR USNo votes yet
- Burns Park - Blue, North Little Rock AR USNo votes yet
- Burns Park - Red, North Little Rock AR USNo votes yet
- Reservoir Park Disc Golf Course, Little Rock AR USNo votes yet
- Dupree Park, Jacksonville AR USNo votes yet
- Kerr Station Park, Cabot AR US(1 vote)
- Hindman Park, Little Rock AR USNo votes yet