804.05 Lost Disc - Official Rules and Regulations of Disc Golf
- A disc shall be declared lost if the player cannot locate it within three minutes after arriving at the spot where it was last seen. Any player in the group or an official may begin the timing of the three minutes, and must inform the group that the timing has begun. All players in the group must assist in searching for the disc. The disc shall be declared lost upon expiration of the three minutes.
- A player whose disc is declared lost shall receive one penalty throw. The next throw shall be made from the previous lie.
- The Director may designate a drop zone for lost discs on a particular hole. If a drop zone is provided, the player may throw from there instead of from the previous lie. In all cases the original throw plus one penalty throw shall be counted in the player's score.
- If it is discovered, prior to the completion of the tournament, that a player's disc that was declared lost had been removed or taken, then the player shall have two throws removed from the score for that hole.
- A marker disc that is lost shall be replaced to mark the approximate lie with no penalty.
Outline of Contents
Disc Golf Rules and Standards
- Official Rules of Disc Golf
- 800. Introduction
- 801. General
- 802. Basic Rules Of Play
- 803. The Lie
- 804. The Throw
- 805. Tournament Procedures
- 806. Discretionary Rules
- 807. Experimental Rules
- 808. Rules Q & A
- Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events
- Translated Rules of Disc Golf
- Doubles Rules and Formats
- Becoming a PDGA Certified Official
- Divisions, Ratings, and Points Factors
- Technical Standards
- Rules School
- Disc Golf Rules History