801.05 Order Of Play - Official Rules and Regulations of Disc Golf
- Teeing order for the first hole to be played is determined by the order in which the players are listed on the scorecard(s).
- Teeing order on all subsequent holes is determined by the scores on the previous hole, with the lowest score throwing first, and so on. If the previous hole was a tie, the scores are to be counted back until the order is resolved.
- After all the players in the group have teed off, the away player throws next. After that and each subsequent throw, the player who is then the away player throws next, until all players in the group have holed out.
- To facilitate flow of play, a player who is not the away player may throw if the away player consents.
- During tournament play, no group may play through the group ahead unless the group ahead is required to stand aside in accordance with the rules or as directed by an official.
- Throwing out of turn is a courtesy violation.
Outline of Contents
Disc Golf Rules and Standards
- Official Rules of Disc Golf
- 800. Introduction
- 801. General
- 802. Basic Rules Of Play
- 803. The Lie
- 804. The Throw
- 805. Tournament Procedures
- 806. Discretionary Rules
- 807. Experimental Rules
- 808. Rules Q & A
- Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events
- Translated Rules of Disc Golf
- Doubles Rules and Formats
- Becoming a PDGA Certified Official
- Divisions, Ratings, and Points Factors
- Technical Standards
- Rules School
- Disc Golf Rules History