801.01 Application of the Rules - Official Rules and Regulations of Disc Golf
- These rules have been designed to promote fair play for all disc golfers. In using these rules, players shall apply the rule that most directly addresses the situation at hand. If any point in dispute is not covered by the rules, the decision shall be made in accordance with fairness. Often a logical extension of the closest existing rule or the principles embodied in these rules will provide guidance for determining fairness.
- Players are expected to call a violation when one has clearly occurred. Calls must be made promptly.
- If in doubt, players may attempt to consult an official. If none is available, players have the option of proceeding with provisional throws as described in 804.06.
- A player shall not receive a warning for a rules violation unless the rule specifically provides for a warning. Warnings do not carry over from one round to the next round or to a playoff.
- A rules violation that results in a warning may be called by any player in the group, or by an official. All players in the group shall be advised of the warning, and it shall be noted on the scorecard.
- A rules violation that results in one or more penalty throws may be called by any player in the group, or by an official. If called by a player, it must then be seconded by another player in the group.
- Unless otherwise stated, any determination made by the group as a whole shall be made by a majority of the group, or by an official.
- A throw or an action that is subject to penalty under more than one rule shall be marked and/or penalized in accordance with the rule that results in the most penalty throws, or, among rules that call for an equal penalty, the rule that was first violated.
Outline of Contents
Disc Golf Rules and Standards
- Official Rules of Disc Golf
- 800. Introduction
- 801. General
- 802. Basic Rules Of Play
- 803. The Lie
- 804. The Throw
- 805. Tournament Procedures
- 806. Discretionary Rules
- 807. Experimental Rules
- 808. Rules Q & A
- Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events
- Translated Rules of Disc Golf
- Doubles Rules and Formats
- Becoming a PDGA Certified Official
- Divisions, Ratings, and Points Factors
- Technical Standards
- Rules School
- Disc Golf Rules History