|Feb 23 2005, 01:25 PM||#1|
2005 Am / Junior World Championships Invitations Posted
Please be advised the invitations for the 2005 PDGA Am/Jr. Worlds can be found here.
Please review these documents in order to determine if you have been invited or will need to apply for the waitlists which begins March 1 .
Please note that the invitations to the players listed will be mailed out between March 10th and 15th for the Pros and March 20th and 25th for the Ams and Juniors, after the following has occurred:
1. PDGA Board Summit in Arizona (Mar 1-3).
2. Memorial NT Event (Mar 4-6)
3. Design of Invitation Packages by the PDGA office and host clubs
4. Printing and Collation of the packages by the PDGA Fulfillment House
If you have been invited you should therefore expect to receive your package in the mail before April 1.
The waitlists for uninvited players begins March 1. Interested players should contact the PDGA on or after that date at firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 203-9628. You will be asked to provide your name PDGA# and the division in which you wish to play. Please note you must have paid your 2005 membership dues in order to get on the waitlist. The waitlist will be reviewed in mid-May, after the official invitees have had ample time to register, with invitations to selected waitlisted players being mailed out by June 1. Please note: the waitlist is not first come first served. Based on the number of remaining places in each division, priority on the waitlists will be given as follows:
1) All International Players (2005 current members who do not reside in USA or Canada)
2) All Pro and Advanced division winners of 2005 National Tour and SuperTour events January-June 2005
3) PDGA Tour TDs and PDGA Volunteers (Board and Committee members, State/Province Coordinators)
4) All players wishing to enter Junior Worlds
5) Women, Families (parent/child or husband/wife), Senior Grandmaster & Legend Men
6) 2004 Tour Points - for each age bracket (Open, Masters, Grandmasters), players with a certain minimum number of 2004 Pro or Amateur points (these minimum thresholds to be determined when waitlists are reviewed).
7) Amateur invitees wishing to play Pro, Junior invitees wishing to play Amateur.
8) Any other players with Tour Points in 2004.
9) Joined PDGA 2003 or earlier - players who have paid their dues 2+ years in a row, with zero Tour points.
10) Past members who were not current in 2004 - year of qualification
11) New Members - Players who joined PDGA in 2004 and had zero Tour Points, or who joined in 2005.
Note(s): Within each of the above categories, priority will be given to the player with more points or to the player who was placed on the waitlist earlier. Please note that while virtually all waitlisted players have in recent years gained entry into Worlds, it is impossible to predict how many waitlisted players will get in this year due to the size and anticipated popularity of this event. It is expected that some but not all Pro, Am, and Junior waitlisted players will get in. As these portions of the event are expected to fill prior to the deadline, all players should be aware that the later they submit their entries, the greater the chances are that they will not get in.
On behalf of the PDGA and the host clubs, we look forward to seeing lots of players this summer. Regards and good luck!
PDGA/NDGC Office Assistant