I'm kind of going through the same thing and I'm also leaning twards the Gateway Backpack Bag. All I ever seem to hear about Revolution Bags is "they're the best" but I never seem to hear how they are superior to other, compareable bags like the Gateway bags. I'm sure they're extremely high quality bags, but the way people talk about them gives me the impresson that lots of people buy Revolution bags simply because they are fashionable. I don't tour or anything and I have yet to be shot at on the course so I'm not sure why I'd need to spend $140 on a bag and straps instead of $100.
Reasons why Revolution Carolina Team bag is superior to Gateway back pack.
1.1200 & 1000 Cordura
2. 2 Layers of Truck Vinyl as bottom. SUPER DURABLE
3. You can put quadshocks on them (more comfy then back pack straps)
4 Heavy Duty Zipers
5. Huge side pockets
6. Padded Back of bag (where it rests on your back)
7. Has a zipper pocket on the putter pocket
8. Easy to use rain flap
9. Frame in bag is SWEET
10. 2 32 OZ water bottle holders
11. It will last you many many years!!!!!!!
12. ITS A REVOLUTION
Trust me the Revolution is worth your money.
Everyone buys them because they are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking AWESOME if just a bonus