Originally Posted by cgkdisc
All division rules have been established over the years based on sufficient numbers of players wishing to have the options. I doubt there are enough women in those circumstances yet to initiate new rules since the am (unisex) divisions are available. You can always submit a request to Sweeton at PDGA HQ to consider a change.
I did not submit such a request, so this comes as a surprise
A summary of changes for this year include:
* The standardization of Female Amateur division codes from FW to FA (FA1, FA2, FA3)
* The addition of a men’s senior division - Pro Grand Legend (MPR) – 80+ during the calendar year
* Addition to PROS PLAYING AM to include the Advanced Master Women’s division
* Clarification that Minimum Added Cash means “Minimum Added Cash to Pro Purse” with
the added caveat that if less than 20 Pros attend the event, the TD has the option to
only add the “Per Pro Minimum Added $” (1/20th) times the number of Pro Players
in attendance to the Pro Purse.
* Increase of SuperTour (A-Tier) “Minimum Added $ to Pro Purse” from $1500 to $1800.
Any idea what the rating will be set at for playing am? I noticed the pro men's rating has to be uner 935 (Int rated) to play advanced masters. If the pro women's rating has to be 800 (Int rated) to play women's advanced masters, I doubt anyone will qualify. 935 is about 100 points below the top rated male pros, while 800 is 150+ points below the top rated female pros. Maybe 850 then?