I'd like to request a clarification about players competing in points series who go up in rating during the series to a degree that they would appear no longer to be eligible to play the division in which thay have points in the series.
A. Players are allowed to enter a ratings based division they would otherwise be ineligible to participate only under the following circumstances
(3) If competing in an applicable points series (see Section 2.2 B for specifics)
B. Players may be allowed to enter a ratings based division they would otherwise be ineligible to participate in as part of a points Series provided that
(1) The Series Director has contacted the PDGA prior and received approval from the PDGA Tour Manager.
(2) The Series allows players to stay in the division for the entire Series.
(3) The player has not competed in a higher division at any time during the Series.
(4) The player’s rating does not exceed 20 points above the rating ceiling for the division they wish to compete in.
I have points in int women in a series, and I just played a tournament that was not part of the series in which I played rec men. Is rec men considered a "higher division" than int women? Does playing a higher division in a tournament that is not part of the Series count for competing in a higher division "during the Series" if it occurred after the first series event and before the final series event?
Does the TD have to advertise before the start of the series that players can stay in the same division, or can it be decided later, such as during the series? Does the Tour Manager have to approve before the series or before the event in which the player continues to participate in the "lower division?"