|PDGA Discussion Board Policy|
The PDGA Discussion board is a tool used to facilitate communications regarding any disc golf related subject such as discs, tournaments, rules, etc. Anyone who posts on the board becomes a representative of the PDGA and indirectly of disc golf as a whole. It is important that the message board is a place where all PDGA Members feel welcomed. In order to maintain an inviting forum, this board does not guarantee the right to free speech. Posters need to show respect and responsibility in their posts. Compare this to a disc golf event where players are not allowed to show overt rudeness or unsportsmanlike conduct as stipulated in 804.05 A (1); the same guidelines apply here on the DISCussion board. If you are unable or unwilling to abide by the following simple rules, then you risk losing your message board privileges.
If a PDGA member reads something they believe should be removed from the board, they are asked to issue a formal complaint to the moderators by clicking the “Report Post” icon which is the triangular icon in the lower-left hand corner of the post. This will initiate the review process.
If something you have written has received a formal complaint, a moderator will contact you with the results of the investigation. You have the right to appeal the moderator’s decision, which must be done within one week.
A list of individuals on suspension or probation can be found in the section at the bottom of the main page.
PDGA Discussion Board Rules – The following will not be allowed:
1. Profanity (including creative misspellings & keystrokes to circumvent the profanity filter)
2. Personal attacks. For further information on this topic, please click here:
3. Physical threats against other members (obvious or veiled)
4. Offensive content, material which is not suitable for a minor, or links to such material. For a further explanation of what is considered offensive, please click here:
Nudity, partial nudity, or adult content. Exposed breasts, nipples (including ones visible through material), penises and vaginas, and asses aren't permitted. An image doesn't have to contain complete nudity for it to be out of place - if there's a great deal of exposed skin and/or minimal fabric covering, it's frowned upon. A more general reference point would be to think about what you wouldn't want your boss at work (or your wife at home) to find in your browser cache. Pictures of dildos, vibrators, butt plugs, Ben-Wa balls, masturbation sleeves, inflatable dolls, and any other sex toys or devices used to penetrate or be penetrated are definitely not acceptable.
Graphic image content: Images that would make most viewers feel ill, upset, or uncomfortable. This includes but is not limited to: cadavers, autopsies, surgeries, vomiting, severed limbs, alarming deformities, dead animals, extreme body modifications, torture, and bodily functions are not to be posted in the threads. Images that depict graphic content will be deleted, and images containing child pornography will be reported to the appropriate local and Federal law enforcement agencies. The use of images depicting well-known tragedies such as 9/11 or Hitler/the Holocaust is not forbidden - but is generally frowned upon. Additionally images which depict people or animals dying (falling to their death, being killed in various ways - e.g. shot, maimed/tortured, etc.) should also not be posted or linked to as some people may find these offensive.
Discussion about the solicitation, distribution or manufacture of illegal drugs. This includes posting images of illegal drugs
Graphic text comments: Graphic language fits right in with content. This is not an erotica site, nor a place for "who can tell the most disgusting story" contests, or a journal for your (or anyone else's) bodily/biological functions.
Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts: Murder, extortion, and any other misdemeanor or felony is expressly forbidden.
Hate speech: Extremely inflammatory comments directed at a particular ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc. are unacceptable and unwelcome.
Posts which undesirably 'out' persons of a homosexual nature, transgendered, etc. are also forbidden.
5. Messages containing public OR private information that could result in identity theft or harassment: We are aware that most of this information can be found using Whois, or Google, or a phone book - however, making undesired posts which list other message board users' personal information such as private email addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, credit card numbers, bank account information, salaries, etc. are not allowed.
6. Account sharing - allowing others to post under your account name. Except for some administrative users or approved circumstances, all message board users are permitted only one account for the sole use of that PDGA member only.
7. Links to downloads of copyrighted material such as music, movies, TV shows, etc.
8. Causing harm to the message board. For a further explanation, please click here:
9. The unauthorized posting of Private Messages and e-mails is not permitted.
10. Constructive criticism is welcomed, however derogatory posts about the PDGA and/or its members are prohibited, and will not be tolerated on this association funded forum. For a further explanation on constructive criticism, please click here:
|Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links below or the search box above to find your way around.|