The rules regulating usage of the PDGA Discussion Board have been amended and updated:
If a PDGA member reads something that they believe should be removed, they should issue a formal complaint to the moderators by clicking the 'Notify Moderators' icon below the post. It is the third icon at the bottom of each post.
A moderator will contact you and let you know the results of the investigation of the post. Every ruling can be appealed. Hopefully, in this way, we will be able to resolve all issues as they arise. And we will be able to tweak our guidelines as necessary.
PDGA Discussion Board Policy
The PDGA Discussion board is a tool that we can use to talk about discs, tourneys, and rules. We can debate topics both serious and not. We are all PDGA members and as such, are representative of the PDGA, and indirectly, disc golf as a whole. This board does not guarantee the right to free speech. The motto of the discussion board could be "respect and responsibility". Any PDGA member may issue a complaint and
a request to have a post removed. Complaints should be directed to the board moderators:
Use the 'Notify Moderator' button at the bottom of the post to let us know of a post that may violate the rules of this board. The 'Notify Moderator' button is the icon just to the right of the finger with a string around it. This will trigger and initiate the review process. It will send a copy of the post, with a link to it, to all of the moderators on the moderation team, which is a better way to ensure that someone gets to the complaint in a timely manner. If a private message or e-mail is only sent to one moderator, we run the risk of the complaint not getting addressed expeditiously if that person is away from their computer for a long period, which can occur from time to time.
PDGA Discussion Board Rules - The following will not be allowed:
1. Profanity (including creative misspellings to circumvent the profanity filter)
2. Personal attacks - namecalling, insults, and harassment
3. Physical threats against other members (obvious or veiled)
4. Materials, or links to materials which are not suitable for a minor
5. Account sharing - allowing others to post under your account name
6. Discussion about the solicitation, distribution or manufacture of illegal drugs. This includes posting images of illegal drugs
7. Links to downloads of copyrighted material such as music, movies, TV shows, etc.
8. Causing harm to the message board - inserting malicious code, posting of large files, and/or any other behavior that disrupts normal performance of the message board. This includes spamming (multiple posting of an identical or similar post on one or more of our forums in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Alternatively, multiple posting of a nonsense message or "bumping" of old threads for no reason)
9. Any other material deemed offensive by a PDGA member, and agreed by a moderator and/or Executive Director.
10. Constructive criticism is welcomed, however derogatory or negative posts about the PDGA and/or it's members are prohibited, and will not be tolerated on this association funded forum.
While these are subjective, each deleted post, deleted thread and suspended user will be logged with the infraction and the punishment.
Over time, these guidelines will become more understood and codified.
Any deleted posts/threads shall be archived in a hidden directory for at least three months and a post shall be created in the "Deleted Threads, Posts, and Suspended Users" thread - which only the board moderators can post to - describing why an action was taken. The post will be archived to ensure a fair appeals process can take place.
A list of the folks on suspension and probation can be found in the section at the bottom of the main page.
PDGA Discussion Board Penalties:
First infraction: Post replaced with a link to the reason the post was deleted.. Email sent to poster. 3 month probation. Next offense during probation --> 3 week suspension.
Second Infraction: Post replaced with a link to the reason the post was deleted. Email sent to poster. 3 week suspension from board. 3 month probation after suspension. Next offense during probation --> 3 month suspension.
Third infraction: Post replaced with a link to the reason the post was deleted. Email sent to poster. 3 month suspension from board. 3 month probation after suspension. Next offense during probation --> one year suspension.
Fourth infraction: Post replaced with a link to the reason the post was deleted. Email sent to poster. One year suspension from board. 3 month probation after suspension.
Future infractions: repeat fourth infraction notice.
- updated 3 days ago
- updated 4 days ago
- updated 1 week ago
- updated 1 week ago
- updated 2 weeks ago
- 1 of 148
- next ›