YMCA of the Rockies
I actually didn't play the course because there's a $15 per person fee to participate in the YMCA of the Rockies activities, which includes disc golf.
From their website: Please note that if you are not staying on-grounds or are not a member of the Y, you must purchase a $15 day pass to participate in activities. The day pass can be purchased at the Sweet Memorial Program Building or the Administration Building.
PROs: Average course in a beautiful setting.
Lots of potential for wildlife watching.(deer, elk, birds...)
CONs: Can be difficult to navigate without a map.
Course layout is linear not a loop. If you parked at Tee #1, you have a 15 min walk back from hole 18.
Terrific course in a very scenic surrounding. Great mix of moderate to long fairways. Excellent mix of up and down hill shots. Course plays better then '2' rating. With small amount of improvement to tee pads and fairway management this course could easily be rated 4-5. Had it not been for a 900 pound elk on tee pad 2, who seemed very at home, we could have thrown the whole course!
Rocky ground. Not a lot of variety on the front nine. It's fun to watch the prairie dogs duck, though.
Courses Close By
- Golden Eagle Disc Golf Course at Buckhorn Canyon, Bellvue CO US
- Thompson Valley HS, Loveland CO US
- Loomiller, Longmont CO US
- Aggie Greens at Hughes Stadium, Ft. Collins CO US
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa, Tabernash CO US
- Clark Centennial Park, Longmont CO US
- Valmont Disc Park, Boulder CO US
- Sundance Trail Ranch Disc Golf Course, Red Feather Lakes CO US
- Cache La Poudre Jr. High Disc Golf Course, Laporte CO US
- CSU Badlands, Fort Collins CO US