WildWood Disc Golf
I went here today and had a great time. I understand complaints about it being small but its well made and has a fun layout. Its pretty challenging too. The course owner mentioned he has lots more work planned including bigger metal tee signs and a bunch more trimming of trees to do. As it is now though its plenty fun! Its really easy to find too and has a nice parking area.
Unfortunately this course is horrible. I say unfortunately mostly because the people here are as nice as the course is bad. In my opinion it is neither beginner nor family friendly. In fact, I’m not convinced it is entirely safe for children, possibly not even for adults. I honestly think it is absolutely fantastic if one wants to squeeze a course onto their 7 acre “back yard”. It’s actually impressive what they managed to do within the space but that doesn’t make it fun to play, that’s for sure. I really think that charging $6 to play ONE round is absolutely ridiculous.
I sincerely hope that with the Rubber Mat Tees and mid-grade baskets their overhead was low enough that they won’t be out of business by next summer. Perhaps it could get better with time and more use but I’m afraid at $6 a pop they won’t have enough visitors to find out. This course is a good reminder that not everyone should “try this at home”, or rather everyone should but not expect people will want to pay good money to play it. Unfortunately, I'd rather take my 6 bucks to Beaver. :(
+ The signage is pretty decent.
Courses Close By
- Beaver Brook Disc Golf Course, North Monmouth ME US(1 vote)
- D 'n' D Disc Golf, Sidney ME US(1 vote)
- Quarry Run, Augusta ME US(4 votes)
- Porcupine Ridge Disc Golf, Augusta ME US(1 vote)
- CR Farm Disc Golf, West Gardiner ME US(3 votes)
- Burnsboro Disc Golf Course, Vassalboro ME US(2 votes)
- Fox Run at Belgrade Lakes, Rome ME USNo votes yet
- Stevens Mountain View DGC, Turner ME USNo votes yet
- Cranberry Valley, Turner ME US(1 vote)
- Mad Mountain Adventure Disc Golf, West Bowdoin ME US(1 vote)