Whistler's Bend Disc Golf Course
Truly an amazing course. Perhaps the most visually pleasing course in the NW, surrounded by majestic nature in various forms. The course will challenge every part of your game! Signiture hole nine tees directly at the Umpqua River, and many a drive and putt have been claimed by the swirling rapids. Hole 14, known as "Top of the World", bombs down a several hundred foot high hill in the center of the park to a basket over six hundred feet away. While the front nine plays tight and technial, the back nine opens up to allow for more powerful throwers to take advantage of the incredible space between the tee and the pin! One of the top 5 best courses in the state, a favorite to everyone who plays there!
Pros: A beautiful piece of land at this bend in the Umpqua River. Rent a Yurt or camp by the river and play a great course. Then jump in the river and float down to the campground. The course has good variety; open holes - some with good length, a nice wooded section that comes out to a couple of scary placements above the river (go downstream for the easy trail down to retrieve any errant shots). You will need your whole bag to solve the puzzle of which flight is best on the BIG downhill - #14.
Cons: It was hot there this summer - but foolish to whine with the river right there! Wish it was closer to Corvallis - so I could play it when I visit my in-laws.
Other Thoughts: This is a Destination Adventure Disc Golf course. You can plan a disc golf vacation just to play this course and not be disappointed.
Courses Close By
- Mildred Kanipe Disc Golf Course, Oakland OR US
- Riverfront Park, Roseburg OR US
- The Grove at North Regional, Cottage Grove OR US
- Wolf Creek Park, Wolf Creek OR US
- Dexter Park Disc Golf Course, Dexter OR US
- Westmoreland Disc Golf Course, Eugene OR US
- Mingus Park, Coos Bay OR US
- Windsor Park, North Bend OR US
- Alton Baker Disc Golf Course, Eugene OR US
- Indian Mary Park, Grants Pass (Merlin) OR US