Village Greens Park
As far as metro-Denver courses go, this is a great course. It's got some hills, cement tees, and mulch greens. Trees are very sparse, and holes are fairly cramped. If you're not good at hitting fairways, there's a good chance you'll end up in the wrong fairway. I feel like that's the case with most Denver courses, so can't complain much.
You'll typically have to wait in line behind a few groups to tee off the first hole, but somehow it doesn't translate into much waiting between holes.
Roughs are tall grass, so if you miss a fairway badly, you may be searching for a while. This is typically a problem late summer and fall. During the Spring, the grass is still pretty short.
A well designed and maintained course with few obstacles. Fairways are dirt and scrubby mowed grass, rough is sparse knee high weeds and patches of prairie grass. The course is mostly wide open with very few hazards and only a handful of trees. The greens are mulch, which makes them "fast," meaning your disc will skitter off of them on a harder throw. The terrain is a little hilly, giving several of the holes a third dimension to play with. Longest holes are a little over 400 feet, most are between 250 and 350.
Overall, I'd say this is an easy course (the four Par 4s are generous), and your chances of losing a disc are fairly low. A few holes around 14-16 have a small creek in play, and dense, tall grass around the creek. Luckily those holes are short and you shouldn't be bushwhacking.
This is probably the dullest course I could imagine garnering a 4-star rating, but the course is very well made, albeit a bit boring. It's strangely fun playing in the middle of a mountain biking circuit. The tee markers are cool - etched rock. Definitely worth a quick play if you're in the area.
Courses Close By
- Expo Park, Aurora CO US(6 votes)
- David A. Lorenz DG Course, Littleton CO US(3 votes)
- Highland Elementary School, Centennial CO USNo votes yet
- Centre Hills Park , Aurora CO USNo votes yet
- Arapahoe Community College, Littleton CO USNo votes yet
- ThunderRidge High School, Highlands Ranch CO USNo votes yet
- Lakewood Dry Gulch, Denver CO USNo votes yet
- Globeville Landing, Denver CO US(4 votes)
- Green Valley Ranch Disc Golf Course, Denver CO US(2 votes)
- Fehringer Ranch Park, Denver CO USNo votes yet