Tom Pearce Park
Allow me to start by saying, this is not a great beginners course. Distance and accuracy are huge factors here. Holes 1 through 6 are narrow fairways through low trees, and deep ditches. The road to the left is out of bounds, and discs thrown too far right are seldom found in the thick brush. Holes 7 through 18 are played in a variety of challenging obstacles from narrow fairways surrounded by thick black berry bushes, to elevated long tee shots, to blind pin placement.
That aside, Once you have the basics down, and can throw a straight drive, this course is an absolute delight to play.
Pros: Each hole is signed with distance, and flight path, benches at almost every hole, as well as trash cans... every hole presents its own unique challenge, from having to throw around trees, under tree cover, elevated tee pads, blind tee placement, and distance required drives. People that play here are often serious about the game of disc golf so etiquette is not a problem most of the time.
cons: Beginners should expect to play poorly here as each hole is quite technical, there is a mandatory shot on hole 16 that requires you to shoot through holes in a dam. The park is swampy in the winter months, and overgrown in the late spring/early summer months.
Aside from these few cons, this course is an absolute delight to play, and the local disc golfers volunteer their time in late June to chop back the overgrowth along the fairways making stray discs easier to find.
Not a great place to learn the game of disc golf as you will spend more time searching for discs than playing the course.
As of 7-7-10 there are blind flip doubles tournaments every Wednesday night at 5, we are trying to earn money to buy new baskets, each with dual pin placement to make it a different experience each time the course is played.
Come enjoy this park for the discing, the river, the people, and the absolutely beautiful setting.
Courses Close By
- Riverside Park, Grants Pass OR US(1 vote)
- Gold Hill Sports Park, Gold Hill OR US(1 vote)
- Indian Mary Park, Grants Pass (Merlin) OR USNo votes yet
- Lake Selmac, Selma OR US(1 vote)
- Wolf Creek Park, Wolf Creek OR USNo votes yet
- Illinois River Forks State Park, Cave Junction OR USNo votes yet
- Vertical Horizons Treehouse Paradise, Cave Junction OR USNo votes yet
- Frog Creek Disc Golf Course at Shale City, Ashland OR US(3 votes)
- Riverfront Park, Roseburg OR US(1 vote)
- Buffington Memorial Park Disc Golf, Gold Beach OR USNo votes yet