Thayer Ridge Park Disc Golf Course
I was on my way back to CBus from Mohican and decided to stop to check out this course. Easy to get to from Rt 3, just keep driving and you will see the park entrance on your right.
Take the grass path from the parking lot, past the practice cage out to the open field, which looks to be on top of a landfill (great use of land!).
All holes are out in this open area, so wind can be a factor, heat and sun as well. 5 of the holes are straight forward with no obstacles to deal with, just the distance. Very easy to find your disc on these holes. Natural tees, with a small brick in the ground. Maps at each hole and path to next hole was nice. Each cage has the hole number, but they are very small and hard to tell if you are at the correct cage until you get pretty close.
The other 4 holes are near trees and involve some strategy. Hole 3 is uphill, cage backed up to the trees. Hole 4 leg is along the tree line, with cage tucked into the trees. Hole 7 has a wide open tee, but cage is hidden in group of trees.
Pretty easy course, great for beginner's, and a good way to kill some time if you are in the area.
Courses Close By
- Lobdell Reserve Disc Golf Course, Alexandria OH US
- Kinslow Disc Golf Course, Sunbury OH US
- Horns Hill Park, Newark OH US
- Cherry Valley Lodge, Newark OH US
- Lakeview Pines at Mt. Gilead State Park, Mt. Gilead OH US
- Rainbow Springs Camp, Loudonville OH US
- The Players Course at Alum Creek, Galena OH US
- Hoover Dam, Brent Hambrick Memorial Disc Golf Course, Columbus OH US
- Blendon Woods Disc Golf Course, Westerville OH US
- Evans Park, Hebron OH US