I can't believe I have been playing disc golf in Kansas City for several years now, and it wasn't until this summer that I finally hit the Swope course. Needless to say, my arrival here was long overdue. This is a wonderful course! Tees are marked with large metal numbers, a map of each hole (due in part to multiple pin placements), a large concrete tee pad, and a nice wrought-iron bench. The holes themselves have clearly-visible yellow flags with the appropriate hole number printed in black, and the disc catchers, while not brand-new are functional and decent.
The course itself is well-manicured; no tall itchy grass, and not many areas to lose your favorite disc! There are bathrooms in the parking lot, porta-potties in a few areas, and a number of water spigots if you run out of fluids on a hot day.
The flow of the course is sensible and easy to follow, but for the most part moves in a back and forth manner. I mention this because (on a busy day) you can often find yourself throwing toward the group on the hole in front of you, and being thrown AT from the group behind. Fortunately, and for reasons I'm not exactly sure of, this course is generally NOT that congested or busy! :)
The holes are challenging, but not frustrating, and there is something to be enjoyed here for the novice to the expert. Plenty of 'Mandos', O.B.s, trees, long drives, and a few doglegs. The elevation changes are not as severe as say...Waterworks, but this course will definitely leave you feeling like you had a workout on your legs.
All in all, a great course...one rapidly becoming my favorite...and a must-play for KC dg players and KC visitors alike!
Courses Close By
- Blue Valley Short Course, Kansas City MO US
- Blue Valley Park, Kansas City MO US
- Rosedale Park (Top), Kansas City KS US
- Rosedale Park (Down Under), Kansas City KS US
- Kessler Park (Cliff Drive), Kansas City MO US
- William Yates Sprint Disc Golf Course, Independence MO US
- Water Works Park, Kansas City MO US
- Legacy Park, Lee's Summit MO US
- Cambridge Park, Overland Park KS US
- Old Pike Country Club, Gladstone MO US