Played a practice round as well as a 2 round tournament at this park. Park setting with what I'm assuming will have pedestrian hazards periodically during the warmer months with the inclusion of a green-way trail and sports fields. Over all very flat, but with pin placements OB comes into play on almost all of the holes. OB is primarily made up of the small river/stream and roads/trails-ways that snake through the whole park. Along with those are a few fence lines separating the pool and soccer fields as well as the highway on the North end of the park. This course demands well placed tee shots as well as approach and putts. Its easy to save par but its easy to shoot bogeys as well.
A bit open and on the flat side for some players. You may feel that the length makes up for the lack of variety. A good course to work on yout long game, but you may want to spend more of your time playing the Huntsville courses if in the area.
This course plays very nicely, great layouts, but watch the wind. It has a lot of OB to play, which makes for a great challenge. The Association that is involved with the course is a great group of folks. They make for some fun tournaments, and really bring out a good crowd of players. Mostly open so you can really get to know and learn your drives.
19 Hole Championship quality course.
PRO: Multiple pin placements, Pro/Am pads. Well maintained. Benches on most holes. Good Variety of shots on holes 1-10.
CON: Could be better signs. (Signs are on benches) Holes 11-19 can be tiring. A lot of longer holes, not much elevation change.
Overall, one of the best courses in the area. Good for working on distance and accuracy (a lot of chances for OB on each hole)
Courses Close By
- Athens State University, Athens AL USNo votes yet
- First Baptist Church of Tanner, Tanner AL USNo votes yet
- Dublin Park, Madison AL US(1 vote)
- Indian Creek Disc Golf Course, Huntsville AL US(3 votes)
- Mastin Lake, Huntsville AL US(3 votes)
- Flying Dragon Disc Golf Course, Decatur AL USNo votes yet
- Univ. of Ala. Huntsville (UAH), Huntsville AL USNo votes yet
- Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL US(3 votes)
- Brahan Springs Park, Huntsville AL US(3 votes)
- Drake Springs, Huntsville AL USNo votes yet