Skyline Wilderness Park
I've enjoyed the challenge both times I've played this steep, tree covered course. Course is beautiful and well maintained. Hills can get you in trouble, spotters are handy on multiple holes. Definitely get a good days hike, starting with a half mile trek from the parking lot. Bring water!
In a word: "brutal." I happened to play the course on a 90 degree day last week and did not bring an adequate amount of water (plus was sunburned already from the previous day). But the length of the course combined with the elevation changes made this a real struggle. As a player you're basically going to be walking up and down big hills all day. I liked the course though because it was so challenging (probably the toughest I've ever played); I mostly wish I had chosen a different day to play it. I have a lot of respect for this course as a worthy adversary.
This is a great course in a great location. You very much feel like a billy goat, since most of the putting greens have some sort of slope to them. Be cautious all shots had a tendency to roll, even the gentle ones that caught an edge. Pretty easy to follow and the locals seemed very nice. The only cons were $5 entry and a ten minute hike to and from the parking area. Definitely yearn to go back after you have played the first time. A must hit course for any level player. Disc golf cart not recommended. Too hilly and would probably struggle most of the day with it.
A fun challenging course with lots of variety to keep you interested. Wear jeans and good shoes because there's some rough terrain you'll be hiking in. Fantastic views of the Napa Valley on some holes. It gets a 4 out of 5 because it's kind of hard to find: it requires a 5-10 minute hike to get to hole 1. Also, hole 1 is awkward and isn't laid out very well.
Courses Close By
- Skyline Wilderness Park - Flat 9, Napa CA USNo votes yet
- Lagoon Valley Disc Golf Course, Vacaville CA US(4 votes)
- Benicia Community Park, Benicia CA US(2 votes)
- National/Johnson Field, Travis AFB CA USNo votes yet
- Lucchesi Park, Petaluma CA US(1 vote)
- Crane Creek Disc Golf, Santa Rosa CA USNo votes yet
- Stafford Lake County Park, Novato CA US(8 votes)
- Taylor Mountain DGC, Santa Rosa CA US(1 vote)
- Walden Park Disc Golf Course, Walnut Creek CA US(1 vote)
- Aquatic Park, Berkeley CA US(5 votes)