Sister City DGC
I played Sisters for the first time on 10-5-13 and found it to be the worst disc golf course I have played to date. I am 52 years old and did not finish all 18 holes (I stopped at 16) simply because it became a drag going up and down steep hills all the time. I have never played such a terrible design. Most of the baskets aren't visible from the t-pads. I don't mind the basket disappearing once the drive has been made but never knowing where or how far to throw became very tedious. The terrain is so rough I can't recommend it to anyone under the age of 35 or that is less than an advanced player. And, it seems, the designer just had fun making it far harder than the course had to be to be challenging. When setting up baskets in such diverse terrain, one could have used a 2 up, 2 down logic that is common in many courses. In other words, 2 baskets to get to the top of a run and 2 holes to get down into a flat or gully. Forcing players to shoot from one side of a gully to the other sounds fun but for play it kills the players energy instead of using that energy to play the game. Once you have arrived at the top or the bottom of the run, stay there as long as space allows.
I have played Morley's Field in San Diego, all or most of the southwestern Idaho courses, several in Washington and in Texas around the San Antonio, Austin, San Marcos region. Only in Idaho are the advanced/open people who design these courses worried that someone might have a good round or enjoy their day on the course. Instead they seem hellbent on frustration, anger, anxiety and exhaustion.
Courses Close By
- Bengal Ridge @ ISU, Pocatello ID US
- Upper Ross Park, Pocatello ID US
- Blackfoot Disc Golf Course, Blackfoot ID US
- American Falls DGC, American Falls ID US
- Lava Lion's Club DGC, Lava Hot Springs ID US
- Lava Hot Springs DGC, Lava Hot Springs ID US
- Massacre Rocks State Park, American Falls ID US
- Boulder Bar @ Massacre Rocks State Park, American Falls ID US
- Woodland Hills, Ammon ID US
- McCowin Park DGC, Ammon ID US