Sipolt Memorial DG Course
A nice 9 hole course in the SE corner of Western Illinois University.
The course is fairly open with no forest shots, water or tall grass so there is very little chance of losing a disk. The only place that I thought I might lose a disk (with a really bad throw) was the 9th hole, if managed to throw it into the cooling tower unit for one of the dorms.
A good course to take a new player, yet some challenging shots for players with more experience. The concrete tees and signs help make this course one that I will play again when I am in the area.
Next time I will park in the lot south of Murray St west of the tennis courts. I think the sign said you only needed a permit from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday and then I would start on the 8th hole.
Not the hardest course around, but it is on campus and is a good place to learn the basics of disc golf. Good mix of elevation changes and distance, ranging from 124-438, with a nice variety of shots and lines to take.
Courses Close By
- Everwood Disc Golf Course, Macomb IL USNo votes yet
- Carthage Jaycee Park, Carthage IL USNo votes yet
- Dallas City Upshot Disc Golf Course, Dallas City IL US(2 votes)
- Dankwardt Park, Burlington IA US(2 votes)
- Spoon River Disc Golf Course, Canton IL USNo votes yet
- Monmouth Park, Monmouth IL USNo votes yet
- Beardstown Disc Golf Course, Beardstown IL USNo votes yet
- Big Creek Park, Canton IL US(1 vote)
- Wildcat Springs, Hamilton IL US(2 votes)
- Hamilton, Hamilton IL US(1 vote)