Since its inception and original design and layout by Mike Grasse as a temporary, tournament course, Rock Creek has undergone changes and differences from year to year. With several holes laid out on land that has other functions for the park, it has always been said that it can't be laid out as a permanent course. I and others have found ways to lay it out so that it could be permanently placed as the third championship calibre 18 hole course at the park. If it would be, along with the proposed installation of a nine hole beginners' course to be built on newly acquired land, Cedarock Park could once again be the number one rated disc golf facility in America, rivaling and even surpassing High Bridge Hills in Wisconsin.
The only real con about Rock Creek is not the length of some of its 700' to 1000' long holes, but with the interminably long walks between some holes. But all in all, Rock Creek is a great and grand championship players' course that I hope can be made permanent.
Courses Close By
- Wellspring, Burlington NC US
- Cedarock Park, Burlington NC US
- Springwood Players' Course, Burlington NC US
- Beth Schmidt Park Disc Golf Course, Elon NC US
- Northeast Park - Oak Hill, Gibsonville NC US
- Northeast Park - Crooked Creek, Gibsonville NC US
- Barber Park, Greensboro NC US
- Anderson Park Disc Golf, Carrboro NC US
- Southern Community, Chapel Hill NC US
- UNC, Chapel Hill NC US