Picnic Island Disc Golf
I'm not a seasoned tour player, so I'm tempering my love for this local course of mine. The course has undergone monumental changes in the last year; no longer a nine hole course, but a technical and fun full eighteen. Positioned right on Tampa Bay, definitely a destination course for anyone passing through the area. I hope this course gets the recognition it deserves in years to come.
Played this course last week with 2 of my sons. We really enjoyed our round. I thought it is a very good course. The scenery is beautiful, with all the vegetation. Hole #8 along the beach is on my list of "5 most scenic holes" and I have played almost 100 courses in 22 states.
Fun course with a variety of long and short holes. Playing from the red tees lets you really challenge your arm. Hole 8 is probably one of the most beautiful I've ever played, as it plays directly on a beach on Tampa Bay with views of downtown St. Pete in the distance. Windy days can add lots of difficulty, so be ready for some sailing. Also, the shrubs can eat discs, so a spotter is a plus. Overall, this is a great little scenic course, with the added bonus of being able to cool off by walking out into the bay after a round of hot Florida disc.
Courses Close By
- Cypress Point Park Disc Golf Course, Tampa FL US(3 votes)
- Youth Park Disc Golf, Pinellas Park FL US(2 votes)
- Azalea Park Disc Golf, Saint Petersburg FL US(1 vote)
- Tocobaga Disc Golf Course, St. Petersburg FL US(4 votes)
- Cliff Stephens Park, Clearwater FL US(6 votes)
- 22nd St. Park, Tampa FL US(7 votes)
- North East Coachman Park, Clearwater FL US(2 votes)
- Taylor Park Disc Golf Course, Largo FL US(7 votes)
- Limona Disc Golf Course, Brandon FL US(4 votes)
- USF Riverfront Park, Tampa FL US(2 votes)